Chapter 7 - Now 2nd Note Holder Threatning To Foreclose

galenaz

LoanSafe Member
May 12, 2013
The final part:

They settled with PPR and are making monthly payments on the old mortgage - UGH
They wanted to keep their home

The Chapter 13 was dismissed and they were unable to strip the lien. PPR dragged their feet responding and the lawyer dragged his as well giving PPR more time than "allowed" based on the paperwork timelines.

I would have done it differently but this was their choice. PPR are scum sucking debt collectors. And anyone else who has to deal with them has quite a fight on their hands.

It's a sad state of affairs

despritfreya

LoanSafe Member
Sep 8, 2011
The final part: They settled with PPR and are making monthly payments on the old mortgage - They wanted to keep their home. The Chapter 13 was dismissed
Sorry, I missed this. This is an ok outcome. They get to keep the home and should they decide to walk away at some later date they have no financial risk. Once they settled they no longer had a need for the Chapter 13 therefore the dismissal was very appropriate. This may not be the perfect outcome but it does work.

Des.

chelifan24

LoanSafe Member
Mar 3, 2015
We had to file chapter 13 to get rid of PPR. Breaks my heart as our credit was very good and all bills were on time and had a little savings. Oh well- life lessened learned.