Can you please help me? I'm desperate and scared

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
I also have my father helping me with the paperwork instead of a Lawyer.
I'm sure your father is great, but you really do need some sort of lawyer helping you fill this stuff out. There's a lot of confusing, mumbo-jumbo, and deadlines you have to follow.

Jack Catalano

LoanSafe Member
Ok, so I brought the paperwork back to The Bankruptcy Court. I have a Meeting of Creditors on April 3 at 9:30am. Also, I completed debt education course which I just completed. On Monday, the debt education course people will go over the debt education course with me. When I went to Bankruptcy Court today they said I can have the certificate no later than Monday or The Judge could throw my case out. But Monday was the earliest date they had to review the course.
So, that's where I stand right now.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Ok, so I brought the paperwork back to The Bankruptcy Court. I have a Meeting of Creditors on April 3 at 9:30am. Also, I completed debt education course which I just completed. On Monday, the debt education course people will go over the debt education course with me. When I went to Bankruptcy Court today they said I can have the certificate no later than Monday or The Judge could throw my case out. But Monday was the earliest date they had to review the course.
So, that's where I stand right now.
That's wierd. I don't recall needing that with the filing, but it had to be turned in prior to discharge. Not sure who told you that or why. Sounds like someone is speeding it up? You want the full 3 months time. (average bk7) You need space to figure out the mortgage without mortgage threatening sale.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
The meeting of the creditors is not too hard. They ask questions to see if you have any assets or way to pay debt. It usually goes straight through. You can watch the ones before you (it's somewhat assembly line, like traffic court but with lots of yes no questions) to learn how it goes. Then you will be familiar with the questions they ask. Usually no creditors show. Hoping others chime in.

Jack Catalano

LoanSafe Member
That's wierd. I don't recall needing that with the filing, but it had to be turned in prior to discharge. Not sure who told you that or why. Sounds like someone is speeding it up? You want the full 3 months time. (average bk7) You need space to figure out the mortgage without mortgage threatening sale.
So, I got the certificate. Now, I guess I have to go today and bring it to The Bankruptcy Court.

Jack Catalano

LoanSafe Member
So, I find out that I had to take another Debtor Course. I took it, but they can't send it to The Bankruptcy Court. So, I had to print the certificate and have to bring it to The Bankruptcy Court. So, on Thursday I have to bring a payment of 75.00 to pay for the fees and the certificate to The Bankruptcy Court.

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

LoanSafe Member
First off. Is the loan in your name or your late mothers? Read through this did not see who is on the loan. Understand that you are in a Judicial foreclosure state. You will be served with a summons to court this takes awhile . Then after the court case a foreclosure sale is then held. Then you will be asked to quit the property. If you are not on the loan you will not get a modification. You will have to plan an exit strategy, The whole process takes about a year sometime longer.