Broom clean and fixtures

sweetpea33

LoanSafe Member
Mar 19, 2011
I have my walk thru on Tuesday with the bank I have to fixture that do not have cover you look up and see the lighbulb. I accidently dropped them when changing out the lightbulb. Is this something I should run to Home Depot and replace or will they care. I know it kind of specific question. but I just want to make sure I get all my cash 4K money with the holidays and moving I need all the help I can get.
Thanks

calgirl67

LoanSafe Member
Sep 2, 2009
What was your loan balance and how much cash 4 keys are they offering you?

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Yes, I agree with Jeffrey I do not think a missing cover to the lightbulb will have an affect on how much they would be willing to offer for cash 4 keys.. I hope they come up with a good C4K offer good luck!

OverandDone

LoanSafe Member
Sep 2, 2011
Am I correct in assuming that you can't leave anything behind in the house (such as furniture) if you are going to do a cash for keys?

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Am I correct in assuming that you can't leave anything behind in the house (such as furniture) if you are going to do a cash for keys?
This would be something you would probably have to negotiate. It seems a lot of people going c4k route are required to remove almost everything they own from the property.. But a few of our members said they were able to leave a few things behind such as an old fridge, couch, etc..

MonaLisa

LoanSafe Member
Sep 24, 2011
Just wondering for when I get to this point: are you expected to leave appliances? Working fridge, gas stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer? Or, can you remove those? Thanks.

OverandDone

LoanSafe Member
Sep 2, 2011
How do they feel about the condition of the house meaning we have an area where the roof leaked and their is some peeling drywall and stain on the ceiling. We fixed the roof but hadn't got around to fixing the ceiling yet. What if there is some mold in it? Would an empty broom swept house still qualify?

st7sc7

LoanSafe Member
Mar 3, 2010
Colorado Springs Colorado
When we did cash for keys I had a big stain in my carpet in the living room and the hall way, one of the burners on the stove didn't work a wall were the roof leeked had a bad stain alot of little things and we still received our money. I think I swept the kitchen floor but that was it I was to tired and stressed out to do anything els. I would call the realtor and see what there guidlines are what they exspect. This is just me but I wouldn't say a thing about the mold somethings are just best left unsaid if you know what I mean. I guess they found mold in our house to, this was after somebody had already bought the house. Good luck

1broomdriver

LoanSafe Member
Oct 12, 2011
cali
I think that they expect you to leave the stove hood-microwave and dishwasher but the rest is yours. We have a 8 burner BBQ that we are taking since it is not considered as an appliance and if we dont someone would steal it the second we drove away

MonaLisa

LoanSafe Member
Sep 24, 2011
The only condition they had for us was to leave all appliances which was fine for me they were all on there last legs.
So, it sounds like if you have good, working appliances, it might be smart to switch them out and take the good ones with you. I see stoves on street corners all the time... :)

MonaLisa

LoanSafe Member
Sep 24, 2011
Good idea! thats if the realtor hasn't been in your house yet.
At what point would a realtor be in the house? I mean, a realtor who has any interest in whether appliances get switched out. Would this be a realtor that the bank has contracted after the foreclosure? During your 30-days before C4K? Just trying to understand everything.

st7sc7

LoanSafe Member
Mar 3, 2010
Well a realtor came over to our house shortly after the auction of our house and we let her inside the house to talk to her about numereous questions we had. So I assume she had a good look around.

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

LoanSafe Member
Dec 4, 2010
Well a realtor came over to our house shortly after the auction of our house and we let her inside the house to talk to her about numereous questions we had. So I assume she had a good look around.
Never let them in the house unless they have a check for you.

st7sc7

LoanSafe Member
Mar 3, 2010
Good point but we didn't know and things were so bad at that time looking back now there is so many things I would have done diffrent but live and learn hopefully people here on the forum will learn from my mistakes!

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

LoanSafe Member
Dec 4, 2010
Good point but we didn't know and things were so bad at that time looking back now there is so many things I would have done diffrent but live and learn hopefully people here on the forum will learn from my mistakes!
IF it is any recourse, they have certainly learned from my mistakes too. Happy New Year!