Bk To Strip Second Mortgage Question

Happy503

LoanSafe Member
Mar 29, 2014
Hi moe, My first mortgage was OCWEN and my second one was SLS. WE file BK to stripped the second mortgage which is SLS. Back then we don't have any other choice but file BK We try to get help but no one were help us. Anyways the second mortgage was stripped from BK13 and I fallow everything what the attorney told me, I went bankcruptcy court to get a stamp certified copy of the document. Then I took the certified copy to the county recorders office. And 4 weeks after that my second mortgage was forever stripped. But SLS keep sending us bills. Any advice? I don't know what to do.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org

despritfreya

LoanSafe Member
Sep 8, 2011
the second mortgage was stripped from BK13 and I fallow everything what the attorney told me, I went bankcruptcy court to get a stamp certified copy of the document. Then I took the certified copy to the county recorders office. And 4 weeks after that my second mortgage was forever stripped. But SLS keep sending us bills. Any advice? I don't know what to do.
If you have a Chapter 13 Discharge (and even if you do not and are still in the Chapter 13), take the letter to your attny and ask him/her to contact the creditor as the creditor is violating you bankruptcy rights.

Des.

Happy503

LoanSafe Member
Mar 29, 2014
Hello,

You need to send them a letter letting them know that you filed for bankruptcy, and the debt is in your list of debts and creditors filed with the bankruptcy court and you do not owe the debt any longer and to stop contacting you. Here is a link to some sample letters from the CFPB.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/askcfpb/1695/ive-been-contacted-debt-collector-how-do-i-reply.html
Thanks moe, I will do that. My attorney did this year and half ago he send a letter to them that the second was stripped from my BK13. And they stop. now SLS start sending me again treat letter and bills after bills I don't know why they start all over. my BK attorney he retired December 2015. I will send them the copy of the judgement voiding the lien order that I've got from the court and the receipt from the county recorded let see if they stop. Thanks again your forum a lot a help to a people like me.

Happy everyday.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
You are welcome and I wish you the best of luck! Please let us know how this all turns out for you.