Beneficial 2nd Mortgage Questions

momofboys

LoanSafe Member
I hope I'm posting this in the right place....

We have a 2nd with Beneficial that we took out in 2007. Our last payment I THINK was in 2011. Every now and then we get a call from somebody trying to collect most recently Shellpoint. I was told several months back that our loan was sold. I verified today that Beneficial is still listed on the deed of trust and no record of it being sold.

I really want to try to settle this. I've tried speaking with Shellpoint a couple times and they are very rude and obnoxious. Anybody have any recommendations? Do I contact Beneficial? Shellpoint?

Jzone

LoanSafe Member
I hope I'm posting this in the right place....

We have a 2nd with Beneficial that we took out in 2007. Our last payment I THINK was in 2011. Every now and then we get a call from somebody trying to collect most recently Shellpoint. I was told several months back that our loan was sold. I verified today that Beneficial is still listed on the deed of trust and no record of it being sold.

I really want to try to settle this. I've tried speaking with Shellpoint a couple times and they are very rude and obnoxious. Anybody have any recommendations? Do I contact Beneficial? Shellpoint?
Did you verify that Beneficial is the lien holder at your county register of deeds? If you did, then work with Beneficial. Shellpoint may be servicing your account now, but the lien holder is who you want to contact.

Did you just stop paying on the loan or did you file bankruptcy?

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
I agree that Shellpoint is most likely servicing the account now and you will need to deal with them. Good luck!

momofboys

LoanSafe Member
Did you verify that Beneficial is the lien holder at your county register of deeds? If you did, then work with Beneficial. Shellpoint may be servicing your account now, but the lien holder is who you want to contact.

Did you just stop paying on the loan or did you file bankruptcy?
No bankruptcy just stopped paying. Yes, I have a copy of the deed of trust from my county showing Beneficial still. I tried contacting Beneficial yesterday and was transferred all over the place and everybody said they couldn't help me so just kept transferring me around.