Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Wanda, I have an impression from your post that you are expecting too much from the politicians either Republicans or Democrats. The big donors, billionaires and their corporations have the politicians in their pockets and dictate what they want. From my research, I know BOfA is collecting for Ocwen, which in turn is a tool of New Residential to collect on charged-off subprime loans for the billionaire owners, which is managed by Fortress Investment Group, which is owned by SoftBank, an Japanese Co. I doubt that my $150 political contribution has more effect than the multi-million campaign contributions. If I were a politician (or judge, even a SC justice) who would listen to? a deadbeat who did not pay the mortgage or an entity with its financial resource could make my career? I used to hold high respect to attorneys and judges but 4 years of litigating tells me that the legal profession is full of crooks and cowards (not all but quite a few, at least the ones I have to deal with).
Anyway, The Oregon SC denied my petition today. Time to get ready to go public and get ready to file a Federal case. I am to adopt Trump's legal strategy except I have evidence of fraud. I want to make my case public not only exposing the fraud but the unwillingness of the court to do its job. PACER time.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
With the heart and soul of democracy up for grabs, the whole world watching on the edge of their seats, a deeply divided country hamstrung between the woke fascism of the neo far left - AOC et al "bring me your unwashed masses and I'll feed them and provide free health care" and almost half of the country radicalized from the bully pit of a delusional and vicious president we stood at the brink.

No one seeming to recognize that the core issue, the reason for all this foolish bickering over resources could be traced back to an oversight by a group of brilliant immigrants who failed to provide a system of checks and balances to prevent the very sort of tyranny they were fighting to abolish. Institutionalized oppression continued to flourish causing corporations to enrich themselves at the expense of the rest of us. The "right" to do so permeated our perception to the point of invisibility so we squabble with each other.

An unlikely intervention saved the country and even then it was a close shave. It took the lives of a quarter of a million Americans for enough people to recognize the danger we were in. Otherwise this somewhat fragile social structure we call democracy might not have survived four more years with a leader who tries to divide us.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Good info:

read comments from Summer and ANON , Nov 12. Maybe I can run for congress too.

Quote from Summer's
"Most people do not realize that Federal Reserve and Big Banks are THE SAME organization which wants to look different in the public eyes "

They are bigger than the courts even the Supreme Court.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
Going a little crazy here trying to put together an argument based on election of remedies, the significant factors in determining the materiality of a breach and distinguishing between a material and total breach warranting termination. All with suitable support from Corbin, Farnsworth, Perillo and lesser known contract luminaries. It makes complete sense to me but I recognize I'm either in the throes of premature senility, brain fog, pandemic induced derangement or just any generalized malady associated with existing in the year 2020. Realistically I can only imagine the amusement I'll be affording the members of the legal establishment at the very notion that a "defaulting" borrower with ten years of non payment would have the audacity to imagine that termination of contract would be an available remedy.

Thing is contract law is so REASONABLE that when it's applied to the mortgage loan contract it demonstrates all of the flaws in interpretation. But as we all know if you get into the ring with the big guys you don't necessarily come out in one piece.

Help, Mr Wizard!

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
While I watched the "celebrations" it occurred to me why the Biden/Harris ticket won (so far). It wasn't because all of those people backed what Biden/Harris stood for, it was because their hatred for Trump overtook them. Obviously other parents didn't have the conversation I had with my daughter. Hatred was no reason to vote for Biden/Harris.
I have no idea, to this day, who she voted for, but I pray to God she didn't vote with hate, but with caring for this Great Country.
I'm not looking forward to 4 years of Biden & I'm not ashamed to say it. Maybe "old wounds don't heal". He & Obama did NOTHING for us all, except lie, give us false hope, and dangle carrots. I will pray for us all.

I love you all, I miss you all, you are all so worthy of so much more. You deserve the best in life & I wish it for you. I pray it's not a repeat of the years we've all gone through.Keep up the fight & the faith.

Love you all,

Wanda
Unfortunately, no matter which candidate actually gets declared the winner, neither one will do anything to help us out in this fight.

I miss the days when, much like what we see in here, we can disagree on politics and politicians, and still have nothing but respect for each other. People on both sides are actually threatening the other side with violence as we speak. It's pathetic and sad. And in my experience, nonsense like this only gets worse--usually a lot worse--before people start to learn anything and cool off.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
Stumbled upon something interesting and potentially applicable to our circumstances. It's an old SCOTOS decision from back in the Scalia, Ginsburg, O' Connor era that provides "goalposts" for determining punitive damages - translated roughly into the vernacular, "how much of a butthead do you have to be to be penalized just for being a butthead as well as any harm you caused for the purposes of discouraging others who might follow your example".

The first goalpost is something called the "degree of reprehensiblity". The presence of just one indicium of reprehensibility is sufficient to render conduct reprehensible and support an award of punitive damages.

When assessing reprehensibility, the Supreme Court instructs us to consider whether:

The harm caused was physical as opposed to economic; the tortious conduct
evinced an indifference to or a reckless disregard of the health or safety of others;
the target of the conduct had financial vulnerability; the conduct involved repeated .
actions or was an isolated incident; and the harm was the result of intentional
malice, trickery, or deceit, or mere accident..

They don't leave it there but go on to add: This may include the "infliction of economic injury, especially when done intentionally through affirmative acts of misconduct or when the target is financially vulnerable, can warrant a substantial penalty. There's also talk of
a "pattern and practice” of engaging in lawful conduct and whether the course of conduct persisted after it had been adjudged unlawful on even one occasion, let alone repeatedly...

There's reference to bad faith, deliberately made false statements, engaging in acts of affirmative misconduct, or concealment of evidence of improper motive.

It's almost a description of the banks who acted in bad faith and inflicted economic injury on financially vulnerable homeowners, deliberately made false statements concealing the improper motive of inducing default to foreclose as a pattern and practice with indifference or reckless disregard to the health and safety of the families they were making homeless. All of this even after government agencies had adjudged their conduct unlawful and yet the course of conduct persisted not on one occasion but repeatedly all over the country to millions of homeowners.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
The fraud and bailout continue. Despite BOfA got caught red-handed forging the note and misrepresented to obtain the judgement. The trial court judge bailed them out, the appellate court, and the SC court approved the bailout in my case. The truth is the banks are above the laws. They own the judges and the politicians. I won’t be their slave, rather live in my van next to the river , no mortgage.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009

Buffet knows it's not the government that bailed out the banks, it's us the tax payers, our kids, and grand kids are on the hooks to repay the debts that our government took to bail out the banks. And to return the favor of bailing them out, they forged documents to steal what's keft.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay

Thought this was worth repeating .....
Here, here. Girl's got to own it. I watched it happen, she came on strong like she was going to put the banks in their place. It was just posturing. Homeowner's got their lunch handed to them. Who knows maybe her hands were tied but it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise now.