Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
One more reason why people shouldn't be wearing masks en masse....they reduce your ability to breathe. If you have lung problems, you will not be taking in as much oxygen with a barrier in front of your face.

Reactions: Elle

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Wear the masks when you leave them home to do essential business or find help with errands! Having a conversation is undesirable while wearing them (boy does it heat things up) so I try to be positive with thumbs up and hand gestures. :)

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
Wear the masks when you leave them home to do essential business or find help with errands! Having a conversation is undesirable while wearing them (boy does it heat things up) so I try to be positive with thumbs up and hand gestures. :)
Even the experts are starting to say that the general public should not be wearing them. Unless you are wearing N95 masks, they are not doing any good anyways.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Interesting how this crisis is a lot different from the one last(the some of us have weathered or are weathering). I found a best friend & many more great friends, during the last crisis, I only hope this one end's as well as the 1st.
We are dealing with a health crisis which is different from a foreclosure crisis. A foreclosure crisis meant we "had rights" ( and I use that term lightly). A pandemic means there are no "Rights".NADA, nothing but taking precautions.

Strange times, my friends. If I forget, a "Happy, Safe & Well" Mother's Day wishes. I love you all. We can get through this.

I pray everyone stays safe & healthy.

I pray everyone stays safe from foreclosure & eviction, but I am not naive ( it's only temporary).

And The Beat Goes On...And The Beat Goes On...

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Even the experts are starting to say that the general public should not be wearing them. Unless you are wearing N95 masks, they are not doing any good anyways.
Many people don't understand why it's important to wear masks. If you want an expert, ask a nurse or ask a doctor. N95 need to be properly fitted or they, as well, are not very effective. America was initially told not to where ANY mask in order to save PPE for medical personnel. Yes, lots of fake news and changing tunes. If you want to be safe and not risk exposure, everyone should wear them. Given we now know that some people can be asymptomatic, this protects everyone if everyone wears them. If anything else, cough or sneeze under your shirt or jacket when around people. It's the wet droplets in the air and where they land that causes community spread.

Attachments

Reactions: isisis

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
Many people don't understand why it's important to wear masks. If you want an expert, ask a nurse or ask a doctor. N95 need to be properly fitted or they, as well, are not very effective. America was initially told not to where ANY mask in order to save PPE for medical personnel. Yes, lots of fake news and changing tunes. If you want to be safe and not risk exposure, everyone should wear them. Given we now know that some people can be asymptomatic, this protects everyone if everyone wears them. If anything else, cough or sneeze under your shirt or jacket when around people. It's the wet droplets in the air and where they land that causes community spread.
Before you think I do not understand about masks, I spent some years as a fire rescue paramedic. I promise you, I understand about masks plenty fine.

Just as I mentioned, experts are beginning to change tack on this. The World Health Organization itself recommends against the general public wearing masks.....they actually say on their website that there is zero evidence that shows any benefit from asymptomatic people wearing them. As well, cloth masks or other makeshift attempts are useless because they are not designed to actually filter out the virus. Additional issue--a pulmonary function test is required for people who are to wear respirators as part of their job. The average person has not had this test and the condition of their lungs has not been medically verified. Any time you restrict the ability to freely breathe, such as with a mask, there is a chance of danger to anyone who has an existing condition. My mom, for example, has COPD and asthmatic bronchitis. To restrict her with a mask is potentially dangerous in that the mask reduces the amount of oxygen she takes in. She actually tested positive for corona, and they did not require her to wear a mask because she cannot safely do so. There is a large portion of the population that is obese or has other conditions. To require masks en masse like I said is dangerous for many of those people.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Krafty, I think you are concerned with 24/7 where I am concerned with going to the store and temporarily wearing one in public. (I keep bandanna and handsanitizer in the car. ) I use a bandanna and I tend to look like a bank robber. It's easier to breath that way and still reduces droplets expelled from breathing. Even though the virus is teensy tiny, the cloth confines the droplets (which contains virus) to prevent an escape. I rotate my bandanas. They are handled with care and washed after use.

I agree that people with health/lung issues should take your advise, but I would also want them to have assistance to avoid having to go get groceries and such. It's risky out there.

Also, I've seen misinformation before. I even reported some here and felt compelled to come back to correct it. UPS gave out misinformation to their employees. You would think an employer of that size would not want their workers sick. But. Yes, that's what they got. Of course they aren't going to advertise that. Big corps putting money first.

Also, I'm wondering if this virus didn't start in November. My sister-in-law has ebay biz and always orders her gifts from China and brags about her "deals." (We did get pearls one year.) I think the virus was around for longer and China hid it due to economic losses that they might take losing out on Black Friday and Christmas orders. We all got these gifts still in plastic over holiday. I suspect at least one or two of the 30 or so items she gave as gifts may have been potentially infected. My daughter got sick almost exactly 2 weeks later. :(

(I'm trying not to get political, just saying what I see, comparing notes.)

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
Krafty, I think you are concerned with 24/7 where I am concerned with going to the store and temporarily wearing one in public. (I keep bandanna and handsanitizer in the car. ) I use a bandanna and I tend to look like a bank robber. It's easier to breath that way and still reduces droplets expelled from breathing. Even though the virus is teensy tiny, the cloth confines the droplets (which contains virus) to prevent an escape. I rotate my bandanas. They are handled with care and washed after use.

I agree that people with health/lung issues should take your advise, but I would also want them to have assistance to avoid having to go get groceries and such. It's risky out there.

Also, I've seen misinformation before. I even reported some here and felt compelled to come back to correct it. UPS gave out misinformation to their employees. You would think an employer of that size would not want their workers sick. But. Yes, that's what they got. Of course they aren't going to advertise that. Big corps putting money first.

Also, I'm wondering if this virus didn't start in November. My sister-in-law has ebay biz and always orders her gifts from China and brags about her "deals." (We did get pearls one year.) I think the virus was around for longer and China hid it due to economic losses that they might take losing out on Black Friday and Christmas orders. We all got these gifts still in plastic over holiday. I suspect at least one or two of the 30 or so items she gave as gifts may have been potentially infected. My daughter got sick almost exactly 2 weeks later. :(

(I'm trying not to get political, just saying what I see, comparing notes.)
No, actually I am just speaking generally. It literally does no good for you to wear a mask unless you are either wearing certain types of respirators or unless you are infected. I'm not offering opinion here, I am stating truth.

The World Health Organization states on their website that people who are not showing symptoms should not wear masks.

The Surgeon General, the top doc in the US right now, also recommends against everyone wearing masks.

I agree with you, this should not be a political issue, and I am actually disgusted with folks on both sides that try to make it as such. But the thing is, wearing a mask for any amount of time---not just 24/7--puts you at risk for problems if your lungs are not tested to ensure you're healthy enough to handle the restriction on breathing. Also, if you are not fit-tested, if you do not shave every day--for the men out there--etc etc, then you shouldn't be wearing them at all anyway, because they only work if they seal against your skin all the way around.

My experience comes from both the medical field and also from dealing with dangerous chemicals in the petrochemical plants down here. I am not talking about 24/7. Down here in those plants, where I spent years working, you are not permitted to wear any mask or respirator for any length of time unless you pass a PFT and unless you are fit tested for the specific mask or respirator you intend to wear. This is just truth. OSHA would jump our collective asses down here otherwise. That's just the truth of how it is. Wearing a mask to the grocery store is no different. If you're not tested and trained on proper wearing, you are subjecting yourself to risk--and quite likely, you're not even protecting yourself or others anyway because you're not wearing it properly or it doesn't fit properly. It makes me laugh every time I see a worker at a store or fast food drive thru wearing a mask over their mouth and chin but their nose is sticking out over the top of the thing. Pointless. This is an example of how fit testing and training make the difference.

I literally saw a woman in a grocery store some weeks ago....with a toddler's t-shirt as her mask. The neck hole was at the top of her head, and her ponytail was sticking out there. She cut two holes on the front of the shirt---these were for her eyes. The sleeves just hung near where her ears are....and that was her mask. Literally...no kidding....I see the cloth face shields like people wear when they go hunting. I've seen bandannas. I've even seen someone with a halloween mask....no, I'm not kidding. Not one of these people is protecting themselves or others. Even if you wear those over your nose and mouth, you're still not protecting against anything. Unless it is an N95 type respirator, at the absolute best you're only going to be like 20% protected from anything. And the virus lasts for days on most surfaces. So, when you take that mask off once you get to your car, you just touched what could very likely be a contaminated surface. Are you properly disposing of your mask after every time you wear it? Nope. Then you're not protecting anything. Do you only handle it while wearing other PPE, like gloves, and indeed another mask? Nope...then you're not protecting anything. There are protocols and procedures that must be followed...and the general public is doing no one any good unless they learn those and use them. Do your bandannas seal off the lower portion of your face from being able to breathe in anything underneath? Nope. I can certainly understand the desire to protect yourself....my current employment has me going into people's homes for several hours at a time, and we are considered essential so I have been working this whole time. I do not wear masks. I do not wear gloves either. Why? Simple--because neither one will do anything to prevent this under most conditions. If a customer has been showing symptoms, I am able to refuse the service and it will be rescheduled. So far I have had to do that just once. I use specific measures when dealing with my clothing---I change in the garage when I get home, my clothes are bagged and washed separately from all other laundry. My shoes are sprayed each day with alcohol and do not come into the house. My family does not ride in my car. And I have been overdosing on sanitizer each day. The precautions I take ensure that I am protected myself, and that I protect my family too. This is a situation where not just anything will do.

And then, there are the knuckleheads that get out to their car, rip off their gloves, and toss them on the ground in the parking lot....that's not going to protect anyone either, lol.

Finally, the sad truth on this is that this is not nearly as deadly as we have been led to believe. No, I'm not saying it is not a risk. I am saying it has been blown up way out of proportion. People die every day in this country, and so many more from causes that we ignore routinely. This virus literally has a survival rate over 97%.....and for that, we shut down all the stores, closed down much of society, killed tons of jobs....when a far more sensible approach was available. Just remember this---the same exact media that's blasting the president right now, claiming he did not act fast enough, are the same exact morons who were publishing article after article back at that same time about how this was not even as dangerous as the flu, etc etc etc. I personally know two families who lost a loved one down here, where the cause of death was not covid-19, and where the death was claimed as a covid-19 death. A woman with a history of heart problems died from a heart attack....and she was included among the corona deaths here. And the other was a senior citizen who had survived a stroke but later died from an aneurysm. The CDC even has a category called PIC---for "pneumonia, influenza, or covid-19". They are lumping deaths from those three causes into one. See for yourselves:

There is no actual count of just how many covid-19 deaths we have experienced...because anyone, especially people who test positive but who died from something completely unrelated, is being counted among those deaths. The approach to getting info out has been completely political, on both sides, and not scientific at all.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
New Jersey's Air National Guard did a "flyover" today. My house was directly in the flight path. The Fighter Planes flew directly over my house & it was spectacular.What a sight, what a tribute to those who are risking their lives as first responders.It was beautiful, it was awesome, it was very humbling. How grateful should we be for those who have chosen to care for others?

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
@wanda robo, that terrified the freaking hell out of me. I've been in Central NJ the past two weeks, and heard the fly over around noon. I was incredibly convinced that either 9/11 was happening again, or a plane was about to hit the home I'm in, or nearby.

Many years and years ago, I lived nearby the Palm Beach Airport -- and would listen to planes fly over all day. I, had never once heard a F-16 Fighter Jet. I can't believe how much louder they are.

I apologize for the commentary, but wanted to tell my own story. I literately felt my heart beating out of my chest when it happened.

Now, I'm sad I wasn't outside to see it in person.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
@wanda robo, that terrified the freaking hell out of me. I've been in Central NJ the past two weeks, and heard the fly over around noon. I was incredibly convinced that either 9/11 was happening again, or a plane was about to hit the home I'm in, or nearby.

Many years and years ago, I lived nearby the Palm Beach Airport -- and would listen to planes fly over all day. I, had never once heard a F-16 Fighter Jet. I can't believe how much louder they are.

I apologize for the commentary, but wanted to tell my own story. I literately felt my heart beating out of my chest when it happened.

Now, I'm sad I wasn't outside to see it in person.
OMG, I could have reached out & touched them, that's how close they were.

FYI, NJ.com istn't good for much news, but they do give the flight patterns for fly overs. I think they'll have more in the future. I think it's giving NJ & NY some hope. Something to be proud of.

Sorry I didn't give you the head's up. I only found out 2 hours before when I took a break & my daughter said NJ.com is useless. I went on the website & saw the fly over announcement right before it happened. They really should announce it way before hand.

It truly was spectacular. Never been to an air show, but I'm going by hook or crook to AC this summer to see it.

Reactions: kraftykrab

arrgy

LoanSafe Member
Apr 19, 2019
You need to break their phones. Seriously. You need to start dialing in the moment they open at 9am, and keep dialing until you get past the busy signal, and to a agent. Don't give up.

I am about to write my letter (I don't even bother with telephone calls anymore) to my bottom of the barrel loan servicer FCI on my FHA loan and getting forbearance. Having read the actual act and the FAQ from HUD, your servicer has no choice but to offer the forbearance as long as you state that the emergency has impacted your ability to pay it back. You aren't actually asking for it, you are demanding it.

My fight right now with FCI is that they want documentation "that proves you have been financially impacted by the Pandemic, including evidence of business closure, employment termination, lay off, or furlough, and any other documentary evidence of income loss resulting from the Pandemic. " which you do NOT have to provide. According to HUD's guidance April 17th: Q. I am having trouble making my mortgage payment due to the impacts of the COVID-19 National Emergency. Do I need to provide my servicer with documentation to prove I need forbearance? A. FHA servicers will ask you to confirm that you are having a financial hardship, either directly or indirectly, due to the COVID-19 National Emergency in order to qualify for a COVID-19 Forbearance, but will not require that you supply any documents.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Does that mean banks pay us to take out mortgages? Where do I sign?
That will be a complete disaster. If you think home values were high during the bubble, and now... wait until everyone can suddenly afford 60% more House than before -- with a lower payment! In areas with low/reasonable property taxes, homes would probably start to appreciate by 12 - 18% a Year. Someone making $60k a year, would be able to afford a $600k home.

The problem with negative rates, is it punishes those who save money. Banks actually charge you for the privilege of holding your money in a savings account. But, also, it fuels a massive debt bubble and virtually-all asset class bubble. Also - Countries that have tried it, haven't really been successful economically.

I have said this before -- I do believe the Federal Reserve should find a way to lower borrowing costs for average americans. A lot of people's income goes toward Debt Repayment & Interest Charges. However, reducing the borrowing costs of a Mortgage is not what I have in mind at all. I think Mortgage Rates are really too low to begin with. Unsecured Debt like Credit Cards, Business Loans, and Car Loans are what they should be proping up.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
Once again or should I say for the umpteenth time, I'm staring down a foreclosure sale at the end of the month.

Filing a complaint with the CFPB emphasizing those wrongs - of the multitude of wrongs - that are most applicable to the FDCPA, along of course with the contract claims given the thrust of my argument is the failure to perform on the bank's side which by its nature negates my alleged default and renders foreclosure impossible.

I'm providing a short narrative comparing repeated scheduling of sale to mock executions. That's to create an illustrative image in their minds to let them catch a glimpse of the reckless indifference that servicers feel toward the substantive rights of homeowners as well as the general disdain they feel for the law itself unless that law favors them.

That falls under 15 USC 1692d which prohibits debt collector from engaging in conduct if the natural consequence of this conduct is to harass, oppress, or abuse in connection with the collection of a debt.

Also had an interesting thought. I've mentioned before that my judge had ruled a sale would be wrongful because BANA never cured their misconduct. In a sense that ruling provided an opportunity for the Defendants to exercise their cure rights. Instead they're trying to foreclose. That indicates that are unwilling to cure. I wonder if they realize that the legal effect of that is that my obligations under the contract are discharged - according to Restatement of Contracts. If that's the case the debt still remains but it's not secured. That would mean it could be an unsecured claim in bankruptcy court..........wishful thinking? Maybe.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
It would be nice is you could use 15 USC 1692d. "A debt collector may not engage in any conduct the natural consequence of which is to harass, oppress, or abuse any person in connection with the collection of a debt." Especially if they are in contempt of court by willfully pursuing a wrongful sale.

Reactions: isisis

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
It would be nice is you could use 15 USC 1692d. "A debt collector may not engage in any conduct the natural consequence of which is to harass, oppress, or abuse any person in connection with the collection of a debt." Especially if they are in contempt of court by willfully pursuing a wrongful sale.
Oh, you can....and there's more.

The same action is also an example of them misrepresenting the amount, character or status of a debt. It's also deceptive practices. Their actions violate several sections of FDCPA. And here's the thing--there is one section alone that is said to apply to enforcing a security interest. But if you show that this is not about the security interest, but about the money, then it becomes a debt collection issue and not a mortgage security issue. You hammer on the fact that these folks have no claim whatsoever to the security at hand--because they are not the party with right to enforce anything. If you can show the disconnect between that security interest and the so-called plaintiff, then there you go. You ask questions in discovery to probe where exactly the money would go should they win. When you expose that it does NOT go to cover the so-called debt, but instead winds up in the pocket of the pretender servicer, then you have shown that this has literally nothing to do with a security interest.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Mortgage Resolution Servicing, LLC et al v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. et al, No. 1:2015cv00293 - Document 205 (S.D.N.Y. 2017)

This is an old but still going case. If you want to understand how the debt buyers , in this case Mortgage Resolution Servicing, make their money, you should go on PACER and read the complaint and other docs. MRS bought $100 million of worth of non-performing loans from Chase for $200,000 ( 2 tenths of a penny on the dollar) then tried to foreclose, some of the loans had been forgiven by Chase before the sale. That was the dispute. That is how the rich gets richer.