Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
I been emailing PHH/Ocwen since mid March to get into the 3 month forbearance, twice I have gotten the same reply back about the process and I that I should be getting a letter with the outlined plan and the end date, also there would be no negative credit reporting. Well surprise surprise I have yet to receive anything from them and I now have 30 days missed payment on my credit report.
You need to break their phones. Seriously. You need to start dialing in the moment they open at 9am, and keep dialing until you get past the busy signal, and to a agent. Don't give up.

Elle

LoanSafe Member
Aug 16, 2016
The Court of Appeals of Oregon just came out with opinion on a case : (A166405) Bank of New York Mellon v. Brantingham . Decision for the banksters.

This case emphasizes the important of challenging the note itself.
Also, as Neil over at Livinglies states: Never admit default. Note has been paid. Many times over. That's why we are being contacted by bottom feeder debt collectors.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
When I first read about the worldwide health crisis on January 22 there were 440 reported cases and nine deaths in China. By the middle of March, two months later China had successfully contained the virus with 80,000 cases and 3,032 deaths. Whether these figures are entirely accurate is largely irrelevant; what matters is their successful containment despite the lack of warning. While draconian measures by our standards were used they seem appropriate to protect lives in the short term and prevent a complete economic collapse.

We had a major heads up, we had six weeks to prepare. On March 5th we had a comparable number of cases and deaths to those in China in January but scant preemptive action had been taken to lessen the severity of the foreseeable damage.

That was eight weeks ago and far from containing the virus and limiting the damage to the economy there are now 945,976 cases in America and 53,396 lives lost and counting. Let it sink in.

Looked at per capita its even stranger. In the states one person out of every 350 people has tested positive (332,002,651 / 945,976).

In China it's just short of one person out of every 17,000 tested positive (1,408,526,449 / 84,000).

We reacted with all the foresight of a teenaged babysitter with a frozen scream in a horror film. We have the most advanced medical technology on earth and agencies devoted to responding to pandemics. Yet the USA, the most powerful country to ever grace the planet got slammed. It wasn't a sucker punch, we saw it coming and all the protective measures essential in something with exponential potential weren't taken. If there was a playbook on how to bungle a pandemic we just wrote it.

The other nations who for so many years have looked to us for guidance, counted on our leadership in a crisis and emulated our democratic ideals to the point much of the globe came to feel like honorary Americans? Their respect is history.

WTF happened to our country?

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Just like our courts, becoming the laughing stock of the nation. Elected and compensated by the people but work for the debt collectors and debt buyers. U.S. is becoming he laughing stock of the world.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
OHM & I were talking off line. It really is a blessing in disguise with this whole virus thing. Taking time to slow down & enjoy little things. I spent the weekend feeding the birds & watching them eat. Things like that that I never have time to do.:)

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
I agree. I've been enjoy evrything. All the hard work rewarded. If I lose on the appeal, I just file a petition with the Supreme Court then a suit in the Federal court. Corrupted state judges does not mean federal judges have to be corrupt too. I know, they'll say res jucata, claim preclusion , blah blah blah, etc... like a bunch of parrots But I want to broadcast the frauds, winning is not the objextive.
Karma, what goes around comes around. Could not imagine another housing crisis after 2009-09. Back then felt sorry for the European investors who lost tons of money in the subprime CDO bonds. I feel sorry for the stockholders of Ocwen and mREITs who bought into the nice yielding stock investment of NRZ and the like (lost 70% of their investments). Now companies like Ocwen and NRZ asking for bailouts from the tax payers. So they can hire unscrupulous attorneys to steal from us again!!! FXXXg CROOKS.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
The Thunderbirds & Blue Angels flew over my house, today, my friend. It was a beautiful sight. Something I've never seen, first hand. It was glorious.

Then I went inside & watched the news & had a total meltdown. A beautiful young nurse, head of an ER in New York, killed herself. She committed suicide, due to having to live through treating patients with the virus.

The "airshow" was meant for her, but she never got to see it. I am a total train wreck right now. It went from being so special, to being so totally devastating.

You'll forgive me, the tears just won't stop flowing.

Love you.

ellaroot

LoanSafe Member
Oct 25, 2013
When I first read about the worldwide health crisis on January 22 there were 440 reported cases and nine deaths in China. By the middle of March, two months later China had successfully contained the virus with 80,000 cases and 3,032 deaths. Whether these figures are entirely accurate is largely irrelevant; what matters is their successful containment despite the lack of warning. While draconian measures by our standards were used they seem appropriate to protect lives in the short term and prevent a complete economic collapse.

We had a major heads up, we had six weeks to prepare. On March 5th we had a comparable number of cases and deaths to those in China in January but scant preemptive action had been taken to lessen the severity of the foreseeable damage.

That was eight weeks ago and far from containing the virus and limiting the damage to the economy there are now 945,976 cases in America and 53,396 lives lost and counting. Let it sink in.

Looked at per capita its even stranger. In the states one person out of every 350 people has tested positive (332,002,651 / 945,976).

In China it's just short of one person out of every 17,000 tested positive (1,408,526,449 / 84,000).

We reacted with all the foresight of a teenaged babysitter with a frozen scream in a horror film. We have the most advanced medical technology on earth and agencies devoted to responding to pandemics. Yet the USA, the most powerful country to ever grace the planet got slammed. It wasn't a sucker punch, we saw it coming and all the protective measures essential in something with exponential potential weren't taken. If there was a playbook on how to bungle a pandemic we just wrote it.

The other nations who for so many years have looked to us for guidance, counted on our leadership in a crisis and emulated our democratic ideals to the point much of the globe came to feel like honorary Americans? Their respect is history.

WTF happened to our country?
Isisis, I always enjoy reading your postings as they're grammatically correct and articulate: To put your above current posting in perspective. This country put a man on the moon back in 1969. Our current weapons development technology allows us to pinpoint a gain of sand on Mars. Our government means to tell us they didn't see this coming and therefore shouldn't be held accountable for their mismanagement? What do we elect and pay these idiots for?

Reactions: isisis

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Isisis, I always enjoy reading your postings as they're grammatically correct and articulate: To put your above current posting in perspective. This country put a man on the moon back in 1969. Our current weapons development technology allows us to pinpoint a gain of sand on Mars. Our government means to tell us they didn't see this coming and therefore shouldn't be held accountable for their mismanagement? What do we elect and pay these idiots for?
Questions should really be asked -- as to why we were being fed so much misinformation. Does anyone remember, being told that "masks should only be used by healthcare workers, and it doesn't stop the spread" -- or that "this would be less worrisome than the flu".

I didn't publically say anything on here, nor have I really told anyone but close friends, but I'll say it right here and now. I WAS ONE of the Coronavirus Patients in New York. On March 19th, I went to the Emergency Room at NYU Tisch Hospital and spent six hours -- before being eventually sent home.

My Oxygen Saturation was a 92, I had a Temperature of 103*, and I could barely breathe. I was so beyond fatigued, that even walking about 20-Feet left me feeling gasping for Air.

I, and a woman who was 7-Months Pregnant -- were sent home, and told, to come back to the Emergency Room -- when our breathing got worse. I basically felt like I had been sent home to die, honestly. I couldn't be admitted to the hospital -- because my oxygen saturation had not dropped to an 89 or lower.

By some freaking god-given miracle, I, am doing a LOT better. My oxygen saturation is back to 97/98, and I'm no longer anywhere as fatigued as I had become. But, I know, that I am one of the lucky ones.

When I was at the hospital, that night -- a 28yr Old Man, who was otherwise healthy and according to the conversation, had no prior medical conditions, or history -- suddenly flatlined. He had been on a ventilator for about 16 hours, and they were trying to find a bed for him in Observation. The nurses -- were stunned. And so was I... I felt absolutely hopeless.

I also lost my building's doorman, as I learned over email yesterday. His name was Alex, he was in his mid-40's, and had worked in our building for over Ten Years. I have to say this out loud, he was one of the nicest men you would ever meet. He was down to earth, always happy, and well respected by everyone. He was a father of two, and relatively healthy -- besides his Asthma.

I think about the people that have just left us. The people who have been affected, and the lives that will be forever changed either through loss, or obstacles that have been thrown at us. And I'm greatly saddened.

But there is another side to me.

I am beyond Furious.

@isisis, I honestly do not care what information you have been fed, or what your opinion on "numbers being irrelevant" might be. I, personally, 110% completely place all of the blame on the Chinese & Their Government. I also throw a lot of blame on the "World Health Organization" - who has more to do with this great scandal, than others.

The fact of the matter is, some very corrupt individuals decided that the values of the Communist Party were far more important than the value of Human Lives. They decided to enact a great fraud and cover-up of this disaster and push their toxic shit all over the world. Someone decided, that in a trade negotiation, this "leverage" would be too much -- and it was better to save face.

The actions of these people are going to affect us for a very, very long time -- and leave a lasting legacy. There is not a single life in this entire country, that has not been touched in one way or another by this garbage. And, I fear, that someone is not going to get severely punished the way I feel they should.

Maybe I'm a "loon" in some people's heads, but I refuse to blame my Federal Government for this disaster. What I am upset about, is their complete lack of inaction, or revenge. New Sanctions, Tariffs, or Forgiveness of Debt need to be announced.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Questions should really be asked -- as to why we were being fed so much misinformation. Does anyone remember, being told that "masks should only be used by healthcare workers, and it doesn't stop the spread" -- or that "this would be less worrisome than the flu".

I didn't publically say anything on here, nor have I really told anyone but close friends, but I'll say it right here and now. I WAS ONE of the Coronavirus Patients in New York. On March 19th, I went to the Emergency Room at NYU Tisch Hospital and spent six hours -- before being eventually sent home.

My Oxygen Saturation was a 92, I had a Temperature of 103*, and I could barely breathe. I was so beyond fatigued, that even walking about 20-Feet left me feeling gasping for Air.

I, and a woman who was 7-Months Pregnant -- were sent home, and told, to come back to the Emergency Room -- when our breathing got worse. I basically felt like I had been sent home to die, honestly. I couldn't be admitted to the hospital -- because my oxygen saturation had not dropped to an 89 or lower.

By some freaking god-given miracle, I, am doing a LOT better. My oxygen saturation is back to 97/98, and I'm no longer anywhere as fatigued as I had become. But, I know, that I am one of the lucky ones.

When I was at the hospital, that night -- a 28yr Old Man, who was otherwise healthy and according to the conversation, had no prior medical conditions, or history -- suddenly flatlined. He had been on a ventilator for about 16 hours, and they were trying to find a bed for him in Observation. The nurses -- were stunned. And so was I... I felt absolutely hopeless.

I also lost my building's doorman, as I learned over email yesterday. His name was Alex, he was in his mid-40's, and had worked in our building for over Ten Years. I have to say this out loud, he was one of the nicest men you would ever meet. He was down to earth, always happy, and well respected by everyone. He was a father of two, and relatively healthy -- besides his Asthma.

I think about the people that have just left us. The people who have been affected, and the lives that will be forever changed either through loss, or obstacles that have been thrown at us. And I'm greatly saddened.

But there is another side to me.

I am beyond Furious.

@isisis, I honestly do not care what information you have been fed, or what your opinion on "numbers being irrelevant" might be. I, personally, 110% completely place all of the blame on the Chinese & Their Government. I also throw a lot of blame on the "World Health Organization" - who has more to do with this great scandal, than others.

The fact of the matter is, some very corrupt individuals decided that the values of the Communist Party were far more important than the value of Human Lives. They decided to enact a great fraud and cover-up of this disaster and push their toxic shit all over the world. Someone decided, that in a trade negotiation, this "leverage" would be too much -- and it was better to save face.

The actions of these people are going to affect us for a very, very long time -- and leave a lasting legacy. There is not a single life in this entire country, that has not been touched in one way or another by this garbage. And, I fear, that someone is not going to get severely punished the way I feel they should.

Maybe I'm a "loon" in some people's heads, but I refuse to blame my Federal Government for this disaster. What I am upset about, is their complete lack of inaction, or revenge. New Sanctions, Tariffs, or Forgiveness of Debt need to be announced.

Oh, my dear friend, I don't know what to say. How about "Thank God" you're still with us & how much I trust & admire you?

I took your advice ( selfishly, now I know because you never told me you were sick). I wanted to appreciate life in little steps, again. I went to the garden center today, after my breakdown last night, and bought enough plants to make a hanging basket. It made me fell better. It made me feel normal.

I will pray for your health & Thank God for your being, you.

Love to all of you, who I care so much about. We get through this, and get through it together.

Reactions: OneHugeMess

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Oh, my dear friend, I don't know what to say. How about "Thank God" you're still with us & how much I trust & admire you?

I took your advice ( selfishly, now I know because you never told me you were sick). I wanted to appreciate life in little steps, again. I went to the garden center today, after my breakdown last night, and bought enough plants to make a hanging basket. It made me fell better. It made me feel normal.

I will pray for your health & Thank God for your being, you.

Love to all of you, who I care so much about. We get through this, and get through it together.
You did nothing selfish, my dear. And it bears repeating. The only way to look at this disaster - is to look for something positive. Every single one of us, takes every day for granted... and we never stop and look at our surroundings.

I encourage all of you, to look around and try to find just one thing special - every day, in your life. Something to cherish, something you are thankful for. Even if it's something simple like the Birds outside, or a Gorgeous Day. We get so little time on this beautiful earth -- it's so important to cherish it.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
OHM,

I'd been concerned for you living in the epicentre and am so sorry the virus got you but so relieved you fought it off. Please continue to boost your immunity while you recover. I believe that studies show that while Vitamin C is ineffective in preventing inflection it's known to shorten recovery time. Lots of sleep, Vitamin D in the form of sunshine are also recommended. It's tragic that you and so many other New Yorkers are having to go through this.

My source of information was not the media. Back in January I started saving screenshots of the Coronavirus worldwide total cases map to understand the progression.The deductions drawn were my own.

Re China:

They're may be an argument for negligence with respect to China's use of the wet market but as for a deliberate act I'd need more information. Applying logic alone, infecting one's own populace
with a deadly virus is an unwieldy means of world domination that's fraught with risks. If I were an evil empire bent on engaging in germ warfare I'd stay out of the spotlight and quietly plant the virus in various and unrelated locations.Fortunately I'm not an evil empire.

Along with the associated risk there's a lack of motive. Communist China has only begun to enjoy the spoils of semi-capitalism as an exporter of manufactured goods. We are of greater cost effective value to them as consumers than as conquests I'd presume

However even if China had some direct involvement that doesn't relieve our leadership of the responsibility of responding to the threat in an expeditious manner.

Whether an act of terrorism or an "act of God" how we response is a measure of us as a society. More specifically it is a measure of our choice of leadership. Unlike China and Russia the US has elected officials who work for the people. Consequently we are entitled to explanations for actions taken or those not taken.

- Why weren't borders closed effectively and citizens only allowed back in once tested and quarantined if appropriate? A relatively minor inconvenience that could have contained the spread of the virus early on.

- Why wasn't testing available and tracing employed weeks earlier when containment was still possible? Given our technological advancement what is so challenging about that?

- Why did the efficacious nature of face masks in preventing the spread of infection not occur until after the infection had spread?

These are pedestrian mistakes, no brainers but they would have been lifesavers. Failing to employ these fairly simple measures was negligent at best.

What happened in the first few months of 2020 will likely become a matter of controversy and argument for centuries to come. It may be the grassy knoll of our lifetime.

Just as there's a time sensitive aspect to containing an infectious disease time also has an effect on the stability of commerce during lockdown because time didn't stand still and wait with us. The American people have been wonderful throughout this. Without the methods used by the Chinese we've willingly cooperated with the necessary restrictions. But most people didn't have sufficient money to ride this out and those who did may have got through their savings. Many people don't have jobs to go back to or businesses to reopen. We've yet to see the extent of the damage that's been done to the economy but in all likelihood the suffering and death from the virus will be a fraction of the damage done to our country.

I'm one of those people. Because of the blow to the economy my income is now down 75% and will likely get worse not better. That's going to make keeping my home rather challenging.

bigfrog

LoanSafe Member
Aug 31, 2011
The Chinese were just little boys playing with fire. They didn’t know how to control it and got burnt before burning down the house. The result of inexperienced of staffs and lack of resources.

It’s funny how the poor countries have less cases and deaths. Why? Maybe they are Aliens. Maybe they aren’t descendants of Adam and Eve. I heard Adam had a first wife and she was mistreated. COVID19 is one of Lilith creations, use for revenge. Protect yourself with amulets.

IMO, I think high case count is due to available resources for testing, and the high death count is due to opportunities for malpractice. With all the people panicking in the ER--ICU, there are bound for human errors. An oop here and there, just enough to kill everyone coming in. Its war time, and they just bought a super weapon. Its computerized and buttons are in some foreign language. In a rush to finish the mission, they decided press on random colorful buttons to see what it does. This actually happened to many countries that weren’t successful in trying to start a war. One has a better survival chance staying at home! Poor people in poor countries don’t have stimulus check, no ICU, and the closest thing they have to a ventilator is a motor fan.

Like many of the economic crash, it will take some time. But we are only in this lockdown since Mid-March. Just a little more than one month. And people are raging about hunger and homelessness. I thought rent and mortgage are due monthly. The unemployment and stimulus checks in April didn’t help pay May dues? Did I something happened 4-5months ago that I am not aware? People thought it was money for Corona beers.

Stock market will take a dump like in the 1930. Just like then, ex-con Martin Armstrong thinks we will have a full recovery plus some more within about the next 13weeks before the big dive though. Which does have some merit, once people are allowed to go out, they will go wild like escaped animals. Going places and doing things like money is no object, until they do run out of it and credit.

We wont see house prices to decline til late next year. Everyone who cant pay now or later, all will first get a 12month forbearance that will eventually get slap back into the end of the loan, ballon. After that, they might do what they have done in 2008. It worked before, so why not? I say save and sell whatever you can. Things are going to get oogly. As for me, I am not paying any of the lenders. Enjoy my 12 months and hope they foreclose on me this time.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
OHM,

I'd been concerned for you living in the epicentre and am so sorry the virus got you but so relieved you fought it off. Please continue to boost your immunity while you recover. I believe that studies show that while Vitamin C is ineffective in preventing inflection it's known to shorten recovery time. Lots of sleep, Vitamin D in the form of sunshine are also recommended. It's tragic that you and so many other New Yorkers are having to go through this.

My source of information was not the media. Back in January I started saving screenshots of the Coronavirus worldwide total cases map to understand the progression.The deductions drawn were my own.

Re China:

They're may be an argument for negligence with respect to China's use of the wet market but as for a deliberate act I'd need more information. Applying logic alone, infecting one's own populace
with a deadly virus is an unwieldy means of world domination that's fraught with risks. If I were an evil empire bent on engaging in germ warfare I'd stay out of the spotlight and quietly plant the virus in various and unrelated locations.Fortunately I'm not an evil empire.

Along with the associated risk there's a lack of motive. Communist China has only begun to enjoy the spoils of semi-capitalism as an exporter of manufactured goods. We are of greater cost effective value to them as consumers than as conquests I'd presume

However even if China had some direct involvement that doesn't relieve our leadership of the responsibility of responding to the threat in an expeditious manner.

Whether an act of terrorism or an "act of God" how we response is a measure of us as a society. More specifically it is a measure of our choice of leadership. Unlike China and Russia the US has elected officials who work for the people. Consequently we are entitled to explanations for actions taken or those not taken.

- Why weren't borders closed effectively and citizens only allowed back in once tested and quarantined if appropriate? A relatively minor inconvenience that could have contained the spread of the virus early on.
Our president tried that. Two things to keep in mind here. First, in the second half of January, even the WHO was stating that this was only a regional crisis, and that travel restrictions were not necessary. Second, the president called for travel restrictions from China, and was immediately labeled a racist and a fear monger by the left because of it.

- Why wasn't testing available and tracing employed weeks earlier when containment was still possible? Given our technological advancement what is so challenging about that?
One reason I believe is because testing had to be developed. The early tests were faulty and not reliable. I honestly do not believe it was possible to contain this the moment it left Wuhan, China. That would have been the time and place for containment. The Chinese certainly did not handle it properly--and apparently did not even tell the truth to the world about how bad it was.

- Why did the efficacious nature of face masks in preventing the spread of infection not occur until after the infection had spread?
Again, this is not the US government's fault, at least initially. The WHO stated as recently as the end of January that this was not easily transmitted between people. But when it became apparent that it was easily transmitted, there are two administrations I blame. First, Obama's, because in 2009 he depleted the federal emergency stockpile of things like masks due to the H1N1 issue, and despite being requested twice, he never replenished it. Second, I blame Trump's administration because they were in office 3 years and still did not replenish what had been depleted back then. Perhaps if either of those two had done the right thing, we would have had PPE much more widely available and much sooner.

These are pedestrian mistakes, no brainers but they would have been lifesavers. Failing to employ these fairly simple measures was negligent at best.

What happened in the first few months of 2020 will likely become a matter of controversy and argument for centuries to come. It may be the grassy knoll of our lifetime.

Just as there's a time sensitive aspect to containing an infectious disease time also has an effect on the stability of commerce during lockdown because time didn't stand still and wait with us. The American people have been wonderful throughout this. Without the methods used by the Chinese we've willingly cooperated with the necessary restrictions. But most people didn't have sufficient money to ride this out and those who did may have got through their savings. Many people don't have jobs to go back to or businesses to reopen. We've yet to see the extent of the damage that's been done to the economy but in all likelihood the suffering and death from the virus will be a fraction of the damage done to our country.

I'm one of those people. Because of the blow to the economy my income is now down 75% and will likely get worse not better. That's going to make keeping my home rather challenging.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the economic damage from this. Unfortunately, I don't believe that either party has the solution for this. The republicans have been more focused on business recovery that they should have been IMO and the democrats are too busy trying to force through their agendas on the back of coronavirus relief.

Reactions: Elle

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
Questions should really be asked -- as to why we were being fed so much misinformation. Does anyone remember, being told that "masks should only be used by healthcare workers, and it doesn't stop the spread" -- or that "this would be less worrisome than the flu
Exactly.

The Surgeon General tweeted on 2/29
" Regarding masks:mad:WHO @CDCgov & my office have consistently recommended against the general public wearing masks as there is scant or conflicting evidence they benefit individual wearers..."

This was based on the a virus being too small for a normal mask to provide a barrier protecting the wearer. Still it doesn't take a medical degree to recognize that any sort of face covering can be effective in preventing the wearer from expelling droplets of saliva containing the virus and thus limiting the spread. In other words masks are not a defensive measure for the individual but for the general public.

In a press briefing on April 24th Trump announced that face masks now are advised per the CDC. During the eight weeks it took for the change in recommendations we went from 60 cases and one death to 925,000 cases and 50,000 lives lost. With all due respect to the medical experts, talk about remembering to close the barn door after the horse escapes....

The other reason for not wearing masks was that they were in short supply and needed for medical workers. How is it possible for an entity with access to our tax revenue, the ability to PRINT MONEY and broad presidential powers to be unable to requisition something as straightforward and mundane as the manufacture of medical masks in the face of an international health emergency? It's unfortunate to think of first responders being exposed to the virus for lack of PPE while Jared Kushner was busy buying junk debt.