Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
It doesn't look like we've flattened the curve. YET. Right now, in my area first week it was doubling near daily. We went from 1 to 39 in a week in my state. (But, I've read reports saying around 39% .)

The rate stalls and then jumps because of the lag between testing and results. While a Senator might get his confirmation in 2 days, others take anywhere from 3-7 days due to the backlog. Right now that is around 29,000 according to my source. With more labs ramping up, we can identify and stop the spread. I do know someone waiting for test results. She's an attorney. (one of the good ones) She did travel to Europe within past two weeks. Her symptoms started with a middle of the night cough attack. Dry coughing. Within a day of that she was in bed with fatigue. It hits you suddenly. 3 days in bed. The cough continued but not as much and gone after 5 days. At around 7 days of being sick, she's doesn't have the answer from test yet. (how I know backlog) She's in her 50s and ordinarily healthy. Will probably see a surge once the backlog clears. Maybe that's what happened in NJ?

I'm sure resources going to hardest hit and I'm in a lower priority area for testing. They won't order the test unless there is known exposure or risk group. We have shortages. The doctors tell you to stay home. So does the Governor. My hands are about raw from being washed so many times and it's very hard not to scratch my nose during allergy season. I have some bandanas for makeshift face masks. I have toilet paper. I have wine. Everything ready for soup making.

I did get a modification offer after the MSJ hearing was cancelled. (Fed Xd overnight) This time it was a letter from one of the attorneys. It's almost as if they are using court pressure as a means to collect a debt. ;)

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Hope everybody is OK. We must stay well thru this crisis to continue to fight the crooked banks and investors. I worry for the people in New York and NJ (used to live in Queens). Praying they can get thru this.

Just_me , these crooks always offer you mods when they realize you are on to their fraudulent scheme. When I needed a mod, BOfA turned me down 4 times. After I told them I knew the Assignment of DOT was fraudulent, they FedExed me 20 mod envelopes. After I filed my counterclaim and filed a complaint with CFPB, they offered me another mod. I told them "take your offer and shove it, see you in court, sucker". :D :D :D :D

Reactions: just_me and Elle

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Does ANYONE trust Steve Mchuchin to be in charge of $500 billion of our tax dollars for undisclosed beneficiaries?

Last edited:

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
He and Trump will set up a few companies then siphon as much of the $500 billion dollars bailout to them, won’t reveal the company names till 6 months later or even never, by that time it’s too late ,nothing taxpayers can do anything about it. That’s why Trump appointed The foreclosure king to be his treasury sec. in time of crisis, always there are opportunities for the crooks. He will resign after the loot is completed. Last time he took $400 mills, this time probably more.

a thousand for you, 100 millions for me. Another thousand for you 500 millions for me, and so on... That’s how that works

Reactions: just_me

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
I pray everyone stays healthy.

LOL, I totally messed up. My personal computer is on the floor, under my desk, while my 2 office computers are on ON my desk. LMAO, I have to lay on the floor under my desk to scan because I can't install the scanner, at home, I can only get it to print!Guess when I move, I need a bigger desk? Dear Lord, Bless my internet booster that now has 5 computers on the network.

I have no patience & would make a terrible IT guy, if anyone is wondering......
Stay strong & healthy, my friends. There is no emoji to blow a kiss, but wanda is blowing a kiss to all.:)

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
2 trillion bailout package , so a family of four will get $3,400 ($1,200x2 + $500x2) but the debt increase will be $2 trillion/330 mill people=roughly $6,000/per person. That's $24,000 per family of four the amount that our kids have to pay back. Where does the other $20,600 goes? What a rip-off courtesy of our government. 600 percent interest. They have most of us fooled.:(. More money transferred to the wealthy via stock market.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
2 trillion bailout package , so a family of four will get $3,400 ($1,200x2 + $500x2) but the debt increase will be $2 trillion/330 mill people=roughly $6,000/per person. That's $24,000 per family of four the amount that our kids have to pay back. Where does the other $20,600 goes? What a rip-off courtesy of our government. 600 percent interest. They have most of us fooled.:(. More money transferred to the wealthy via stock market.

As usual, you go right to the numbers & put things in perspective. You are such a gem!

Italy took an awful beating, today. God Bless my family's' Homeland. Spain is not faring any better. A pandemic is really something. Knows no class, knows, no wealth, knows no color...
What should probably be humbling to some, won't be& it will probably be business as usual. It's a shame, thought you were always supposed to learn by mistakes...

Love from wanda :)

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Wanda, I no longer maintain anything less than 3 broken printers. Yes, they all still scan! :D One is officially a cat bed on top of my dining room buffet under the window. It was an easy conversion with a bath rug to cover. (washable too!)

I learned my lesson, I scheduled the ink jet to turn itself on and off DAILY. Without that little puff of air on startup... ink dries up inside the jets and it's BYE BYE PRINTER AND THAT LAST ROUND OF INK CARTRIDGES!

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
You know, I rarely get political or share my views, but I'm going to come out and say this. First off -- I wasn't a fan of the first bailout at all. What I recall vividly, is while the banks were getting a handout - I still couldn't afford to repay my loans, and they were not interesting in working out a payment arrangement, or my whims.

Regardless, of what happened in 2008, I've done enough research myself, and read up enough, that I actually agree that it was needed. While the economy didn't turn around overnight, I promise all of you, things would have been FAR more worse than they were. Many of us would have lost all of our retirement savings, and watched banks go under like a horrible domino game. God only knows, who - if anyone would have been left standing.

One could very well argue there is a LOT of Moral Hazard in bailing out banks. I completely agree. There will be another financial disaster -- far worse than the current one we are in - and there will be some general expectations that are completely absurd. But, I would certainly prefer the government to protect our financial system, if it means protecting us from a collapse.

I keep hearing multiple of you talk about Donald Trump, and this bailout. I want to say a few words. And my opinion may be
unpopular, but it needs to be said.

Trump is not loading up his personal checking account with this bailout. One needs to understand, that at this current time -- these are LOANS to businesses. Established companies with track records, and are apart of our American Economy.

Now, I wouldn't call myself a Wall St Analyst (although, I know a few who live in my building) - but as it's been explained to me before, airlines in general are a VERY LOW MARGIN, LOW Profit Business. It doesn't really take that much to spell disaster for this industry. Would all of you be comfortable having no American Airlines, Delta, United, JetBlue anymore?

I certainly would find it extremely inconvenient to lose half of the airline industry in the course of a year. All that competition lost would certainly cost us a bundle - when it came to actually traveling.

This is just one example, among many, like Boeing. They are receiving loans, not helicopter money from the sky. They will have to repay all of this cash, at some point. Just like the Financial Institutions had to repay their loans from the 2008 Bailout, with Interest.

Our economy, has already ground to a squeaking halt. This is not a bunch of handouts, it's money to allow businesses to pay employees, and keep things running, so there is not a avalanche of Bankruptcies from this pandemic.

Many of us have become completely mindless, and only take-in, what our Corporate Media tells us to believe. Guys, I know you can't see it, but please, stop. I promise you, CNN & MSNBC are not your buddies. And they have never had your best interest at heart.

The man in the room, I promise, are legitimately trying to contain this issue, so we do not go into a depression. That's all they are trying to do.

And... as for the Democrats, they need to stop stalling, and let the bill get passed. This is not the time to carry out their fantasies of Welfare for All, and Bullshit Quotas. This is a time for solidarity, so we all don't lose everything.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
The majority of that money, outside of the Relief Funds consist of LOANS that will be paid back to the Federal Reserve. This is not money our kids will be paying back.

I also want to point out, that the "Stock Market"... is not just a Window for the Rich. It's a medium for every-single Teacher, Firefighter, Police Officer, and Individual with a Retirement Fund Pension Fund. The Equities Market by & far, consists of Average American's who are saving for retirement. I happen to be one of those people, in-directly invested into the stock market, by virtue of a 401K & IRA I have.

We all desperately need to become informed, and research what we are being Fed By the Media. There is so much spin, and misinformation these days.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Once again, I beg you @moretrouble to spend a little bit more time, actually reading and researching the information being fed to you. That article from the Huffington Post is nothing more than a piece of traducement journalism. There is nothing but a false narrative and extreme spin, only designed to cause unrest & outrage.

That money is not going to be squandered or handed out to GOP Favorites. It's going to be used to bail out industries adversely affected by the economic disaster we now have. I know... that right now, things look relatively calm, and quiet -- but, if you ask me, I think this is desperately needed. We've never had a disaster like this, where 90% of Americans are now home, and not doing anything. Money is not being spent, everything has stopped around us.

There are so many things, we do not see, or understand. Like the workers who used to eat out everyday, and now are not patronizing restaurants. The Chamber of Commerce who is no longer ordering office supplies. The children who are no longer flying to visit their parents next month. The national sales conference that was just canceled. The list goes on, and on, and on over a million times.

So many just random things, small pieces of the economic engine that no one realizes, has completely stalled. And if this continues, 2008 will look like a small thunderstorm in comparison. That's what we need to realize.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
2 trillion dollar package passed, stock market value went up by roughly 2 trillions . What does that tell you?
The bill has not fully passed, and it hasn’t been signed by the president.

Any Gains are speculators, hoping these companies will recover from this difficult time instead of falling into bankruptcy. Your going to continue to see wild swings for the next week or two, if not longer.

Additionally, Many of the gains and valuations for the last four years were erased by this pandemic. It’s not like people are making money, more so, valuations from before the disaster are starting to be restored.

And I would further say that $2 Trillion dollars has not been injected into the American Equities market, nor have their been gains of that amount.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Facts: top 10% owns 84% of the stock market. I am just saying someone’s benefit more than others. Total stock market value approx. 20 trillions, 10% of that is 2 trillions

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
I fall under those "Top 10%" categories, as well, as probably a lot of the posters here. A lot of households with Dual Incomes, will fall into the category, or be just shy of it.

I live in a cramped apartment in Manhattan, "own" currently have three properties with mortgages (one of which has is stuck in foreclosure hell) and have some retirement savings. I would consider myself blessed in a lot of ways. I promise you though, I certainly am not living it up. I would consider myself strategic and frugal. To say I'm rich, would be almost silly.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
It not Republicans or Democratics "stalling" to pass this bill, it's Tea Party Libertarians. It has passed the Senate and passed to Congress with the vote for Friday. If it gets delayed it's due to a specific Congressman threatening to take a roll call. Fingers crossed. We ARE in agreement on most. That is good.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Re: CARES Act. The stimulus& increased unemployment benefits approved! This will help people pay bills and rent. Ordinary things. Let's try some "bubble up" math for a change. Trickle down didn't work so grand.

Also, not cool for trolls to blame homeowners. There are so many attacks online right now. It's as if we have debt collectors without Notes or something. lol.