Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
So they are positioning the National Guard in Jersey. My boss got the head's up from some friend who is a reserve. 2 Hours later, it hit the news. National Guard is "positioning" for testing, yada, yada, yada. No gatherings of 10 or more. No eating in restaurants or drinking in bars-take out & delivery only. Essential businesses only to open. The world's coming to an end, so naturally, what does one do? Apparently now start hoarding liquor. Every single liquor store I passed has a jammed packed parking lot. LOL, I go to a small one to buy my wine & it was packed when I got there-25-30 people in line when there is usually 2. I walked in & yelled"What do you do when the end of the world comes? BUY BOOZE!!" LOL the little girl behind me had 12 cases of beer & 10 bottle of wine. She told me her grandparents made her come & told her "buy everything you can".

Tonight's mission-trying to find black beans & garbonzos for my daughter ( vegetarian) just in case we get locked in for a period of time.

I was called at 7AM by my boss to tell me my ONLY act for the day was getting his 7-9 checkbooks on QB online. I don't know a damn thing about QB online(except I hate their commercials). Got 3 up & running but tomorrow I'll be America's Most Wanted for not achieving my task...….you cares, what's he gonna do, fire me? LMAO

Last wanda rant. Lone Star says $229000 or nothing. SHOVE IT! I'm at $187000, for this shack. I hope Greyken took a blood bath today in whatever stock market he trades in (since he renounced his American Citizenship). Let their frigging realtor try & get in to show the house. I've already started learning landlord /tenant rights & with the virus, AIN'T nobody that doesn't live here getting through this front door.

As usual, anybody has anything to say, I'd love to hear it. I felt like I spent the day in a bad Sci-Fi movie....
SCARY. (Moreso that these are our kids in uniform being exposed.)

Well, looks like you have time to learn it while working at home???

I want to re-watch that Charleton Heston movie Omega Man. It's been awhile.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
While we're hunkered down in splendid solitude here's your chance to thumb your nose at fate and harden your arteries while enjoying

END OF THE WORLD CARNITAS!

Easy you just need:

A pound or so of pork
1 onion
Orange juice
Bacon fat or vegetable oil
Menudo seasoning or oregano
Corn tortillas

Cut the pork into segments and generously salt it. Let it sit for an hour or so. Meanwhile take a chopped onion and caramelized it in bacon fat. Remove the onion and set aside. Add the pork to the pan and brown on both sides. Add the menudo seasoning or oregano and the caramelized onions. Then add a couple cups of orange juice, if you don't have it use apple or even cranberry juice and then let it simmer on a low heat for a couple of hours. You might need to add water if the liquid evaporates. Check the meat for tenderness then let the whole thing cool down. Remove and drain the meat and let the remaining liquid reduce until there's less than a cup or so left. Meanwhile take a couple of forks and shred the pork. Add bacon fat to a saute pan and brown the shredded pork in batches. Then mix with the reduced juices much of which will absorbed by the shredded pork leaving just enough liquid to keep it juicy.

In a clean saute pan warm corn tortillas on both sides just until they become supple. Fill each tortilla with the meat to make a soft taco.

These are good with shredded cheese and salsa on top and have enough flavor to knock you out and cheer you up!

If you're not feeling that reckless the healthier version is good too just use vegetable oil and instead of refrying just add the shredded pork to the reduced liquid.

That reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke.

"I want to try fried beans. Maybe they're just as good as refried beans and we're wasting time."

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
I've followed Ben Lane for years. He is one of us.

My prayers are with all of you in these F'd up times. If I can do I will. Please, stick together & ask. I've said it all along, bagels is a rare bunch & I wouldn't want to do this without you guys. Love You, wanda.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
I wanted to share Maxine Waters emergency Coronavirus COVID19 House legislative proposal. Mitch McConnell in true bipartisan style, tells Republicans to "hold your nose" and vote for it anyway. (pending vote TR? - 2 Congressman now positive FYI)

This proposes UBI of 2K per month per adult and 1K per month per child for the duration since e (so people can buy groceries and pay rent). There will be a foreclosure moratorium too (we all need shelter in order to shelter in place, quarantine or whater your city calls it). To take care of homeless population, will use or convert existing hotels which are no vacant due to quarantines and travel bans. They will now have shelter in order to shelter in place.

WOW.

We really must be in Armageddon if they are waving debt payments and paying for groceries & toilet paper.

Attachments

Annie Mac

LoanSafe Member
Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
The Catch..... yes, the National Settlement Act required alot of work to fill out because by that time there had been a lot of egregious events...resulted in $2,000. Then Chase filed with the IRS, a 1099 for miscellaneous income, so Chase took a credit and dinged me on it for taxes. I smell something equally odorous. Surely, if one were to receive $2,000 as a "gift" for these hard times, that would result in yet another 1099 rated Miscellaneous Income that we would be required to list as income. There is always a back story with this bunch. No such thing as a free lunch in the land of the free.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
If you guys want some laughs, go to Yahoo!Finance , enter OCN for Ocwen's symbol, click on 'conversations' tab, click on the reply of "will ocn bankruptcy ? " message. A couple Ocwen's (or banksters') associates try to blame me for default/deadbeat , but I shot them down.

Reactions: just_me

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
So, Moe started a new thread. I promised myself I would never post anywhere other than bagels, but I've read the thread & am posting here. Any thoughts on how the securitization of rentals streams has any part in this whole big mess(as well as the repo markets).Hedge Funds, Repo Markets, Pandemic, National Guard, Emergency Bills.

I wish I could say this is a trip down Memory Lane, but it seems a lot worse? Is it me?

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
Who here knows anything about DataVerify and their Drive report? It would seem that false reporting does not only happen on credit reports

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
I won't stop till Ocwen goes bankrupt. Stock at 48cents /share now from $4.0 since I started my campaign. :D :D :D

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
I won't stop till Ocwen goes bankrupt. Stock at 48cents /share now from $4.0 since I started my campaign. :D :D :D
I was hoping to be the one to do that! You are beating me to it. Does this mean I sue Duetshe Bank instead?

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
In a single page we manage to reference tacos, Mitch Hedberg, Maxine Waters, toilet paper, the National Mortgage Sellout, the Coronavirus, Data Verify, Ocwen securitizations, Armageddon, the IRS and avocados. This is easily the most stream of consciousness conversation possible.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
"It's so quite you can hear a pin drop" You've all heard the saying, I'm sure, but did you ever imagine it would happen? We have to "self shelter" here in Jersey . While I agree with it because the numbers are growing, it is just plain spooky. I'm a home-body anyways, but now I sit at home with both office computers, staring at me & it doesn't feel like home. It feels like the office & I don't like it.

I always seem to be in a "no win" situation....

Isisis, try the avocado, and while your at it, try some "corn spoonbread" or crumbled corn bread in those carnitas. I swear you will be in Heaven. Crunchy red onion, creamy avocado, savory pork and sweet corn-what a combo.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
"It's so quite you can hear a pin drop" You've all heard the saying, I'm sure, but did you ever imagine it would happen? We have to "self shelter" here in Jersey . While I agree with it because the numbers are growing, it is just plain spooky. I'm a home-body anyways, but now I sit at home with both office computers, staring at me & it doesn't feel like home. It feels like the office & I don't like it.

I always seem to be in a "no win" situation....

Isisis, try the avocado, and while your at it, try some "corn spoonbread" or crumbled corn bread in those carnitas. I swear you will be in Heaven. Crunchy red onion, creamy avocado, savory pork and sweet corn-what a combo.
Well, we are currently having a love affair with our air fryer, lol....

I put some parmesan crusted boneless chicken breasts in there, and in literally 10 minutes they were absolutely perfectly done.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
First case in my sleepy little town of 16500. It's spreading way too close to home. The town next door, now my town.

When the numbers were finally published today, Jersey went up 600 cases overnight. I think it all has to do with states that have International Airports. Hubby disagrees, but then that's par for the course. He disagrees about anything I say, LOL.

Dear God, give us strength, help us, help us survive this terrible tragedy. Bless the families that have already been affected and guide the people that don't have "the wisdom" that comes with bagels. Bless us everyone, Dear Lord.

My prayers are with you all as always,

wanda

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
First case in my sleepy little town of 16500. It's spreading way too close to home. The town next door, now my town.

When the numbers were finally published today, Jersey went up 600 cases overnight. I think it all has to do with states that have International Airports. Hubby disagrees, but then that's par for the course. He disagrees about anything I say, LOL.

Dear God, give us strength, help us, help us survive this terrible tragedy. Bless the families that have already been affected and guide the people that don't have "the wisdom" that comes with bagels. Bless us everyone, Dear Lord.

My prayers are with you all as always,

wanda
no, it is going up because the testing is increasing. Don't let the media fool you guys on this....without testing being in place, there is no way to know about new cases. In the coming days and weeks, the testing will increase at a massive pace. Do NOT let this cause you fear, the confirmed number of cases will go up but only because they are confirmed. The media will likely spin this to claim that the virus is spreading out of control. The testing will catch up with the spread of cases as we get out in front of this thing. The truth is this---the place where this originated in China is getting back to normal....people are going back to work....the number of new cases has significantly decreased. There IS plenty of hope in this....we need to hold onto that because I know the media won't tell us the full story.

Reactions: CAbooboo and isisis