Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Class Action against Ocwen for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy violations.

I've heard people complain here about never being brought current. Yep, that's Ocwen for ya. Discharge violations, deceptive modifications, FDCPA and allegedly RICO too. This complaint is a good resource on the how/why of servicing profit motives. Nice styling and footnotes I must say. 29pps.

This is a great case to study. Thank you for posting it. Don't ya just love "Protective Orders"?
;)

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
So, the attorneys I'm up against are usually on the right side of the law-defending the right to due process and prosecuting against discrimination. This should be very interesting. They're also very familiar with the presiding judge. Interesting indeed....

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009

As you all know wanda is a bad girl who has to occasionally stir up the politics pot.....

I love you guys. Vote & vote often, no matter the difference of opinion. Annie pointed out this morning how long we've all been friends, despite politics.

I said it so many years ago, but had we listened to me, we all would be at the bottom of the Grand Canyon & would have all be so happy enjoying each others company in person, by now.
Joe will probably be the same as Obama when it comes to dealing with the banks. The only candidate who I think would most willing to put James Dimon , Bryan Monihan and the likes in jail is Elizabeth Warren. She's got my vote.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Class Action against Ocwen for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy violations.

I've heard people complain here about never being brought current. Yep, that's Ocwen for ya. Discharge violations, deceptive modifications, FDCPA and allegedly RICO too. This complaint is a good resource on the how/why of servicing profit motives. Nice styling and footnotes I must say. 29pps.

Thanks , good case to study, just have to change Ocwen to Bank of America , N. A. and voila you have a complaint for little cost.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Also for those of us till in litigation. Don't be afraid of the foreclosing attorneys. These guys are usually from a third-tiered law schools do not understand securitization issues and mortgage servicing scams. If they had they would be working for boutique law firms (like Gibbs & Bruns..) on behalf of the institutional investors suing the banks for millions of dollars in fees instead of working for the banks bullying the helpless homeowners for a couple thousands dollars in fees. With all their law education still can not kick me out of my house yet :D :):D

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ

I almost feel bad for Deutsche on this one. If it can happen to them, it can certainly happen to a homeowner.

LMAO did you read the comments? One commenter posted:

Banks have not always done things to the letter of the law.

Reactions: OneHugeMess

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
God continue to give me strength.

I'd also ask for God to give my daughter strength. fedup I have some news for you.Turns out my daughter is a mirror image. She was great with the autistic children, but it's not going so well with the kids who don't have a definitive diagnosis yet. she's in turmoil, just like mommy. Grant me strength my friend.

Reactions: OneHugeMess

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Well... I'm not sure what is going on, but today at Work and now that I'm home... I've been chased around the web with multiple ads for "Making Home Affordable.gov". Telling me "Relief is Available" and "Family is Why". Considering HAMP is well over with & defaults have mostly stabilized, why the sudden urge to advertise this program again? Does the Government know something we don't?

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
I just got a great idea. I don't even need an Amicus Brief. All I need are the public comments posted in the Federal Register. They're signed by over 13 Consumer Advocate Groups!

Reactions: just_me

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Wanda - Don't forget to download before they disappear! ;)
OHM - I've noticed. They all seem to go to dead end info too. If you think about it, HAMP is not over. Lots of contracts outstanding.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Wanda - Don't forget to download before they disappear! ;)
OHM - I've noticed. They all seem to go to dead end info too. If you think about it, HAMP is not over. Lots of contracts outstanding.

LMAO they can't take down the Federal Register! However, I did download them
:)

Shteeeven

LoanSafe Member
Dec 5, 2017
Well... I'm not sure what is going on, but today at Work and now that I'm home... I've been chased around the web with multiple ads for "Making Home Affordable.gov". Telling me "Relief is Available" and "Family is Why". Considering HAMP is well over with & defaults have mostly stabilized, why the sudden urge to advertise this program again? Does the Government know something we don't?

There’s a lot of talk about an upcoming recession because of the recent bond yield inversion and global slowdown. Retail sales are also down nearly 1% of the 1st 2 weeks of September in the US. Possibilities of a trade war and now a possible war that would drive oil prices up are pretty concerning for our economy and country. Fed rate cut could have had an effect on banks offering lower rates as advertisements. Or social media, google, sold your info again. All of the players in the mortgage markets stocks went up today, I’d believe it’s advertising personally because of the rate cut.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Can anyone educate me on class actions ? I would be the one who beat the SOL, individually, but I'm now exploring a class action.

Just fishing......

NJ16

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2017

I almost feel bad for Deutsche on this one. If it can happen to them, it can certainly happen to a homeowner.
Good, I'm glad Deutsche bank is getting screwed and hope that they lose that property to the city. I'm sure that Deutsche and their criminal foreclosure mill over at Ras Citron did everything possible to falsify docs to foreclose on that property. Paybacks a bitch.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Good, I'm glad Deutsche bank is getting screwed and hope that they lose that property to the city. I'm sure that Deutsche and their criminal foreclosure mill over at Ras Citron did everything possible to falsify docs to foreclose on that property. Paybacks a bitch.
There is nothing wrong with having a good healthy hate for Ras Citron, Stern & Eisenberg, or Powers Kirn or Pluese & Becker, my friend. There are many more and it's good & healthy, as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: NJ16

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Can anyone educate me on class actions ? I would be the one who beat the SOL, individually, but I'm now exploring a class action.

Just fishing......
I wish I could help, but I really do not know much of anything. The only thing, I *think* I know, is you need at-least six people to form a class.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
The smaller class size the better on class actions. Think of the credit bureau breach settlement that went from $100+ to 7.50 in around 2 weeks due to millions being affected. I used to get my hopes up on those things but most of the mortgage class actions were state dependent or lender dependent or time span dependent in such a way as to exclude me. I've seen some narrowed to the particular fund, then ball buster for me, in a different state. lol I think anyone in a class action against against wrongful foreclosure should get no less than 10k. Even that is low. So I would want to make sure that any such class wasn't reduced to an insulting amount. I think the standard has been set by the National Mortgage Settltement for those foreclosed on at 25-100K depending on class. The servicemen got the highest amount. I think 150k is more appropriate ask. Money to use for another home.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
That reminds me. Some of the class members, who act as representatives, for the class -- receive substantially higher payouts for their time and consideration. I've seen that time and time again.