Are you 60 or older

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
Evan - can this be a sticky? I think there are many many of us who are 60 years old or older. I'm wondering just how much of an assault on seniors this crap is.

If you are 60 or older ..... please let us know. I am 60.

MyHAMP

LoanSafe Member
Oct 5, 2009
Florida
Well, I'm 30 but my mother, the homeowner, is 61.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Caldwell- I will definitely go ahead and stick this one for you.

jbocklage

LoanSafe Member
Sep 19, 2009
Hi I am 64yrs old and trying to get a hamp with boa, I am not fannie or freddie tho', I think I'm ginnie mae, I know its a fha and I am 10 payments down!

AzGryffindor

LoanSafe Member
Jun 10, 2009
My husband, who is listed as the primary on our loan, will be turning 55 next month.

Believe

LoanSafe Member
Feb 2, 2009
We are 52 and 65, and it is morally reprehensible for a mortgage lender to put a senior citizen into an adjustable rate mortgage knowing full well we will be much less risk tolerant as we get older. That is why the banks should accept the consequences for the risk they took on, as well. Permanently lower our rates, make them fixed, and do principal reductions. And while they're at it, do the same for everyone under age 60 who doesn't have an ARM. End of story.

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
sabres Mom is 76 and has been in the house for over 40 years.
She is waiting for call backs on whether or not she can apply for an in house mod.

seashells48

LoanSafe Member
Aug 8, 2009
Illinois
Caldwell, I'm 62 on Saturday. I wonder if anyone realizes the limited options there are for those that lose their homes at this point in their life. I'm one of them, and now I'll be renting the rest of my days or until I qualify for the 'old folks home'!! :p

L

laldana

LOL. I was going to write that, plus or minus (well, plus...) a few years! Glad I checked.

pudgie23

LoanSafe Member
Mar 8, 2009
evan - can this be a sticky? I think there are many many of us who are 60 years old or older. I'm wondering just how much of an assault on seniors this crap is.

If you are 60 or older ..... Please let us know. I am 60.
i

iam going on 70 years old & have been in a trial payment modifiction with chase for 5 months now. But i have been fighting with wamu & chase for over 2 yrs. I called today to get a status up-date and was told its still in review with a negociator.

Elora123

LoanSafe Member
Jun 6, 2009
We are 62 and 63 and got a mod after 17 months of trying. We have only SS income and the new mod has still left us at 41% of our fixed income. We are greatful to have it though as the rate is 3% for 30 years. We just might live to pay it off because our family has great longevity. The stress was huge during the 17 months, but "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger "!

M

molly12

59 and 61 here. Maybe it is age discrimination,esp for the NPV. Those of us who bought long ago still have equity and tend to be older. Right? So we are probably disproportionately denied mods based on that alone.

NPV discriminates against older Americans clearly. Love to see the stats on denials by age group. If we become victims in this, maybe we'll get somewhere. Seems to be the way gov't operates these days.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
There is no age input for NPV. Income and home value and loan balance are the major inputs. The banks would have no real reason to single out seniors for denying mods. Many seniors have steady fixed incomes. The process may be more wearing, or difficult for some to understand and work through, but I doubt any intentional discrimination based on age alone. Having equity is a problem to some degree, but having enough equity opens up other solutions if your credit is decent.

M

molly12

I know. The point I was trying to make is that those with equity are probably older b/c they bought homes earleir and so on.. so an unintended consequence is npv works against older homeowners. That's all.

edwinhil

LoanSafe Member
Dec 6, 2009
Hell with it. I'm 62, discharge comes in about 10 days. Quess what I'm goin to tell them to do!!! One thing all this bull#@%# has taught me, hit the road, enjoy everything you can, and don't ever think that the rest out there are any different than you.

Reactions: bigfrog

nikki

LoanSafe Member
Aug 22, 2010
N.W. Fl.
I posted earlier but this thread intrigued me . We are close to 70 not there quite yet.
We received a new loan through the Obama program about 1+ yr ago and wound up paying more interest that what we were paying and Countrywide / B of A tacked on extra interest (1/4 point I think , as it was never clarified ) on the note because we do not have an impound account .
There were no HAMP rules out in cyber space for us to look at at that time ; there is now.
It very clearly states people with no impounds stay in that position under HAMP ~ Why did B of A charge us extra interest on the refied mtg. ?
Does anyone else understand this or has it happened to them.?
I was informed by B of A ( BAC ) that the loan cannot be changed now that it is in place . This cost us over 8 K to refi . as we live in Fla. and now we are stuck with the MTG that cannot be changed unless prices in the area come back to at least close to where they were on 2005 so we have some equity.
Any ideas on what to do re: this as I do not think it was legal to charge us extra.