Anyone in the Path of Florence?

FedUp02

LoanSafe Member
Apr 26, 2009
We are in the path. However, the landfall information seems to change daily. First it was Thursday afternoon, then Wednesday at 2:00 PM, then back to Thursday with one news station saying Cat 4 and others saying Cat 3. Today (so far) it is Friday morning.

FedUp02

LoanSafe Member
Apr 26, 2009
Hi Erik,
Thanks for your response. We just got our power back on, so, that's why I was unable to get back.
Yes, thank God, we are okay. Some minor damage to our house, but, nothing that can't be fixed. We did not evacuate. Actually, most of the people in our neighborhood stayed. We were very fortunate.
The neighborhoods around us are devastated. One house had 2 large trees (on neighbors property) fall on it and pretty much sliced off the back the back of it. Never saw anything like that in my life. Others with trees through the roof. Really, it was shocking to see.

Erik Sandstrom

Mortgage Expert - Call 1-619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Jan 14, 2011
San Diego, California
www.loansreduced.com
Wow, incredible I was watching the news with all the boats going through areas rescuing as many people and animals they could. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are ok but of course sorry to hear about the damage.

Has the water receded at all in the areas? I was curious how long that might take. We had a couple loans put on hold that were released recently in Virginia & South Carolina. I still have one that is on hold in South Carolina pending insurance verification but the Fairfax property was cleared as the storm turned its direction a bit.

From what I hear that hasn't happened in...was it 35 or 50+ years? Nature is one wild beast.

FedUp02

LoanSafe Member
Apr 26, 2009
Thank you Erik.

My understanding is that flooding continues, but, has slowed down a bit. We really haven't gotten around much except in the immediate area due to most traffic lights not functioning. Still a little hard to get around. I don't know how long it might take either, but, it is getting better a bit each day. So, hopefully, not too much longer. Not surprised to hear about the loans.

According to what people I talked to from here have said, this has never happened in their lifetime. I grew up on the East Coast and never experienced anything like this either. Someone somewhere recently said that this was a 100 year hurricane. It only happens once a century. I was not aware of that one. Anyway, yes, nature is one wild beast, and this has to rank at the top wildest.

(Actually, I hope it is only a 100 year occurrence.)