3rd mo on trial mod and still being harassed by WF.

getmeouttahere

LoanSafe Member
Jun 20, 2009
They keep calling even on weekends. I just got off the phone with a super rude guy. I ask for his name, he won't give his last name. I know these people were hired by WF to harass us, they know we are on trial mod and they play dumb.

Should I report these people to the WF exec. office? And was I wrong to ask for his last name?

soworried

LoanSafe Member
Dec 21, 2008
NJ - 5 Months rent free
There should be no collection calls while in Modification. Call your Loss Mitigation person that you are working with and let them know you a continously getting collection calls.
I had this happen to me and had my loss mitigation person to take control of that.
I hope this info helps. Also my loan Mod was finalized in Sep!! So it does happen but it takes forever!!

GettingBetter

LoanSafe Member
Aug 26, 2009
Hi soworried,

Congratulations on getting the loan mod finalized!
I have some questions for you, I am currently on the 3-month Trial (10/1, 11/1, 12/1) with WF and I am wondering whether you were asked to submit additional (or updated) paystubs and financial worksheets after the trial has begun? If so, did you submit after the 2nd trial payment or after the 3rd? When did you receive the final mod agreement?

Thanks a lot.

waitingpatiently

LoanSafe Member
May 27, 2009
Hi again GettingBetter,

I replied to you on another post...but I'll also reply here. I got requests for additional paystubs and hardship letter at least 1 time while on trial modification. I'm done with my 3 trial payment as of 9/22 - but have yet to receive word of any perm. mod. They keep telling me, it's in review...for another 45-60 days.

You can absolutely call WF Exec. and tell them you are getting collection calls. What ever you do, fax in the paperwork they request quickly - signed/dated and Acct # on every page.

I haven't had any issues with them loosing my paper work at all, but when they say jump I say how high?

GettingBetter

LoanSafe Member
Aug 26, 2009
Thanks for your replies waitingpatiently.

That's strange...it's been more than a month since you made your 3rd trial payment and you still haven't received the final mod agreement. Did they ask you to make a 4th trial payment?

I hope things will go smoothly with me cox I don't want to wait for another 45-60 days after paying the 3rd payment.

I also hope that you don't have to wait for another 45-60 days to get the final mod papers....

Good luck and keep us posted.

getmeouttahere

LoanSafe Member
Jun 20, 2009
We finished our 3rd mo payment, they did not send us envelope for 4th payment, they just told us to send it so we will send it on Monday. You guys are right, just ignore these people, I don't know why I let them get to me.

BobandArlyn

LoanSafe Member
Sep 11, 2009
Santa Rosa, CA
We finished our 3rd mo payment, they did not send us envelope for 4th payment, they just told us to send it so we will send it on Monday. You guys are right, just ignore these people, I don't know why I let them get to me.

PLEASE SEND EITHER FEDX OR CERTIFIED WITH RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. Protect yourself.

getmeouttahere

LoanSafe Member
Jun 20, 2009
Thanks for your respond, we always send personal check and we have receipt from the bank when it's cashed, but I think that is also a good idea.

waitingpatiently

LoanSafe Member
May 27, 2009
GettingBetter,

Sorry this is many days old...but be prepared to make at least 4 payments on the HAMP program before getting a final modification. According to WF even if you make the 3 payments and submitted all the paperwork, the final modification doesn't just follow suit. I've made my 4th modification payment this week...and they are saying another 30-45 business days until I hear about the final. I had a near breakdown when I found out that even after doing everything they say, paying exactly on time, submitting all their paperwork as requested we still may or may not get a modification thru the HAMP program! Good Luck, Keep us Posted!

GettingBetter

LoanSafe Member
Aug 26, 2009
Just got off the phone with WF to schedule our last Trial Payment that is due on Dec 1st. I asked about what we should expect after making the last Trial payment, and I was told that our case will be reviewed once the last payment is received and it should take about 30 days for the final decision to be made. So I asked about whether we will hear the final mod decision sooner if we make our 3rd Trial payment earlier than the due date (12/1) and I was told "Yes, it should be".
Do you guys believe it? I really want to get this over with and I don't mind making an earlier payment.

MyHAMP

LoanSafe Member
Oct 5, 2009
Florida
Just got off the phone with WF to schedule our last Trial Payment that is due on Dec 1st. I asked about what we should expect after making the last Trial payment, and I was told that our case will be reviewed once the last payment is received and it should take about 30 days for the final decision to be made. So I asked about whether we will hear the final mod decision sooner if we make our 3rd Trial payment earlier than the due date (12/1) and I was told "Yes, it should be".
Do you guys believe it? I really want to get this over with and I don't mind making an earlier payment.
Our servicer told us the "decision by the treasury within 30 days after final payment"-story as well. Since it is the final payment, it might be true that an earlier payment leads to an earlier decision.

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
Getmeouttahere - don't answer the collections calls. Call yourself once a week (but not collections). Hopefully you have caller id. These people never leave messages, so if you don't, just wait it out. When your answering machine clicks on you will get some beeps and you'll know it was a collections call.

imlars

LoanSafe Member
Oct 17, 2009
Newport News VA
Thanks for your replies waitingpatiently.

That's strange...it's been more than a month since you made your 3rd trial payment and you still haven't received the final mod agreement. Did they ask you to make a 4th trial payment?

I hope things will go smoothly with me cox I don't want to wait for another 45-60 days after paying the 3rd payment.

I also hope that you don't have to wait for another 45-60 days to get the final mod papers....

Good luck and keep us posted.
Always continue to make the trial period payment until you get the paperwork for the permanent mod. If you don't get anything within 2 weeks of making a fourth payment contact the lender and see what is going on. NEVER stop making payments.
If this is a Fannie or Freddie backed loan there isn't any reason you shouldn't get the permanent mod. If the lender isn't helping you, contact Fannie or Freddie at their .com's

waitingpatiently

LoanSafe Member
May 27, 2009
Hi there,

I've made my 4th trial payment and I made my 3rd trial payment 2 weeks early in hopes of getting the final mod. done earlier...Paid my 3rd payment on 9/22 - it's Nov. 2nd and still nothing! I sent everything they needed when asked, even called in 1 time a week to find out if they need anything...but still nothing for the final modification. It's been more than 30 days...I'm so frustrated, and tired of this entire process.

waitingpatiently

LoanSafe Member
May 27, 2009
Imlars,

You think I should contact Freddie or Fannie? My loan is backed by Freddie Mac - I'm getting to the point where I'm about to contact someone other than WF Executive or Loss Mitigation. I've made my 4th trial payment, and I still wait.