2nd was with Greenpoint- Countrywide- BOA? Head hurts

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

Preparingfordefault

LoanSafe Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ok, this is making my own head spin... I'm hoping it will make sense to someone because at the moment it doesn't make sense to me.

All along I said my 1st loan was with Countrywide but couldn't find the note... when I found the original note I was scratching my head because the loan was originally with New Century... but fast forward to 2012 and BofA was the servicer / Wells was the investor- I got approved for DOJ and made my first trial payment this week.

SO, I decided I should find out who the investor is on my second and requested the info in writing from SLS

They say that the original creditor was NEW CENTURY (and sent me my original note), however Greenpoint Mortgage Whole Sale Loans is the 'current creditor'. When I googled Greenpoint I learned that Capitol One had acquired Greenpoint when they bought a bank and closed Greenpoint in August 2007. Upon further googling I found the below:

For those of you that are not already aware, Greenpoint Mortgage has sold ALL of their loans and servicing to Countrywide Mortgage effective November 29, 2008. If you have made attempts to contact Greenpoint or have made any payments on your existing mortgage to Greenpoint after this date please read the following information.

The date that Greenpoint will stop accepting payments from you is November 30, 2008. The date that Countrywide will start accepting payments from you is December 1, 2008. You will receive a payment coupon attached to your Welcome Letter from Countrywide no later than 15 days after the effective date of the transfer.

SO now my question is does this mean that BofA now owns my second since they bought Countrywide?

AND why does SLS show my current 'creditor' as Greenpoint Mortgage Wholesale Loans when they've been closed since 8/07.

And going out on a limb does this mean I 'might' get one of those letters that tells me my second has been forgiven? (please, please, please)

How do I pursue the reality of who the current investor is.. I KNOW it's not Greenpoint and believe this is where my confusion was when I said I was with Countrywide... I need to look up my old checks to see who I paid what to back on 2008/2009 timeframe... I know my second was serviced by Saxon prior to SLS but am drawing a blank on who I paid before Saxon.

This may get interesting BUT why is SLS showing Greenpoint as the current 'creditor' and does this word mean something other than current investor?

Last edited:

Preparingfordefault

LoanSafe Member
Apr 17, 2011
I looked at MERS and it shows the active current investor as : Morgan Stanley Mortgage Capital Holdings, LLC- not sure if this is accurate or not. I faxed another letter to the servicer since they couldn't tell me anything by phone.

Preparingfordefault

LoanSafe Member
Apr 17, 2011
This is really bugging me- MERS shows Morgan Stanley Mortgage Capitol Holdings, LLC as my investor. After SLS misinformed me that Greenpoint owned the second I I sent them a letter and let them know that Greenpoint has been out of business since 2007. They then sent me a letter stating that Morgan Stanley was the investor. I find it VERY ODD that no one on any board in this forum currently has Morgan Stanley? I've been searching all over Google. Bottom line is Morgan Stanley sold Saxon and it's portfolio to Ocwen in 2012 around the same time that Saxon charged off my second. So why would my loan be showing as Morgan Stanley rather than Ocwen? It just doesn't sit right with me that Saxon charged off my loan, got sold off and Morgan Stanley (Saxons parent company) kept my delinquent second and gave to SLS to service? Does this seem probable to anyone? SMH out of frustration.