LSF8 Master Participation Trust C/O Caliber Home Loans, INC

SyedYounus

LoanSafe Member
Hello Everyone, I'm very new in Refinance process.

I work for a Title company, one of my borrower is doing a Refinance.

We have found a mortgage with HSBC recorded in 2006. And there was an assignment recorded in 2014 to LSF8 Master Participation Trust C/O Caliber Home Loans, INC.

In that case, Does Caliber Home Loans, INC can provide me a Release of lien for the 2006 Mtg? I could not find any contact for LSF8 Master Participation Trust to get a release from them.

Please guide me whom I can reach out to obtain a proper Release. Thanks!

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
HSBC used to hold all of these loans on their portfolio, instead of selling them as Wall Street Investments. They waited for Real Estate to bottom out and begin to sell off the entire portfolio in 2013 & 2014.

To answer your question, I would say it's very likely that Caliber Home Loans, or Fay Servicing company is the current servicer of this mortgage. They should be able to provide a payoff and release of the deed-of-trust for this loan. If there was a assignment, I would look for a phone number or address listed for all the parties involved - that usually is a big break.

Good Luck!

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Hello Everyone, I'm very new in Refinance process.

I work for a Title company, one of my borrower is doing a Refinance.

We have found a mortgage with HSBC recorded in 2006. And there was an assignment recorded in 2014 to LSF8 Master Participation Trust C/O Caliber Home Loans, INC.

In that case, Does Caliber Home Loans, INC can provide me a Release of lien for the 2006 Mtg? I could not find any contact for LSF8 Master Participation Trust to get a release from them.

Please guide me whom I can reach out to obtain a proper Release. Thanks!
I'll bet you that Assignment is fraudulent, probably created by Caliber, the servicer. Nobody has been jailed for forgery, that's why the practice continues to this date. I have assignment from originator to HSBC by HSBC, then originator to Household Beneficial by HSBC even though HSBC has closed the trust and charged-off the loan and assigned to Ditech. After I started court complaint about the forgeries, mysteriously ALL fraudulent assignments disappeared from county records.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
I can tell you with complete certainty that the "assignment" is bogus. LSF8 Master Participation Trust is a participation vehicle only and does not actually own loans from HSBC. Caliber is also a sham on this.

Here is how I know. My own mortgage followed the same path as the one you mentioned. US Bank Trust is listed as trustee for LSF8. US Bank Trust admitted to me in writing that they have zero knowledge or authority regarding the mortgage. I specifically asked them if they had taken certain actions as a trustee is required by law to do, and they replied stating they had not. They said they had no authority to act and that Caliber had all authority to take any action. Further, Caliber has been caught lying about the identity of the supposed true owner. After telling a court judge that they were just a servicer for LSF8 Trust and that LSF8 was the actual owner, Caliber now tells me that they themselves own it, and they bought it from HSBC in 2014. Nothing but lies....