I stopped paying my mortgage 11/01/11. This week, I started receiving calls and hangups, as well as 5 calls from a realtor, so I figured something was up. Today I called the (slimy) realtor and did find out that the NOD was recorded on the 21st. (This realtor actually told me he had "No Idea" why he called me! Vultures at the picnic!)
Anyway, I guess I am the last to know, as Wells has not informed/written me of the NOD. (However, I am somewhat relieved that the foreclosure will likely take place this summer, as I was concerned about possible tax implications in 2013.) My Question:
As I understand, I likely have 3 months and 10 days after the NOD (I live in NorCal), perhaps more time, Correct?
I also want to understand the ramifications (if any) of leaving before the sale of the house??? What happens if the house is stripped or other issues when I do leave??? While I am waiting here until summer to try and find homes for my animals, I also need to find a home for myself, and honestly, it is depressing to wait it out here too. I would appreciate any advice/suggestions/links.
Also, in advance, I want to thank everyone here for all the help and support they have given me and others during this stressful time! This forum is amazing, and I am so very grateful to everyone!
this is hard