Home Loans and Support

Worst hold music ever!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Anything goes here!' started by KimberlyS, Mar 21, 2013.

1. KimberlyS

KimberlyS LoanSafe Member

As I start to deal with my second mortgage, I "get to" work with LCS Financial. They have the worst hold music in the world! It is jarring and I think it must have been selected for the psychological impact it has on anyone who calls! I held the phone away from me and then hung up after one round of "all of our operators are busy" or whatever.
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

I can only imagine what their hold music is like Kimberly! The other day I had a similar experience contacting one of Chase's local branch offices, it was hysterical!
  3. Annie Mac

Annie Mac LoanSafe Member

Now this is a topic worthy of our opinions! Forget discussing robo-signers, how to write dispute letters, strategies for stalling a foreclosure; the hold music has not been a topic here that I recall, and it is truly worth a thread. I wonder how many hours, or days, I have accumulated sitting on hold, between both Wamu and Chase in the last five years. My vote is also that Chase has the most pyschologicaly damaging hold music of all.
  4. KimberlyS

KimberlyS LoanSafe Member

I haven't had the pleasure of listening to Chase's music. I recall that the hold music at Ocwen was annoying, but I was quickly assigned to a rep and we communicated via e-mail. It was NOTHING like the hold music for LCS financial. Maybe I'll give Chase a call someday and listen to it! Ha ha ha! It is psychological warfare, no doubt!

It is nice to have an "anything goes" forum, for this most important topic!!! lol
  5. FedUp02

FedUp02 LoanSafe Member

I called a company the other day and their hold music was Beethoven. First time I have ever enjoyed being on hold for a long time. Actually kind of disappointed when someone finally came on the line. That never happened before and will never happen again.
  6. akageorgi

akageorgi LoanSafe Member

I seriously believe some banks use messed up scratchy music just to piss us off so we'll hang up before they answer. I've had perfect digital reception to start then once the music comes on it's all chaotic. I also think my wife's aunt has been paid to say "you're call is very important to us, please stay on the line...." that just makes me want to throw the phone at the wall. is that wrong?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013