Home Loans and Support

World Savings/Wachovia Class Action Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by WorldSucks, Jan 4, 2010.

1. WorldSucks

WorldSucks LoanSafe Member

Anyone know the status of this class-action lawsuit on the Pick-A-Pay and TILD, predatory lending practices?
  2. luckysigil

luckysigil LoanSafe Member

Really? We'd like to be a part of this...
  3. othershoe

othershoe LoanSafe Member

I am interested in learning more about this as well.
  4. lagreen4

lagreen4 LoanSafe Member

You can find out more about these lowlife lenders & this predatory loan & the status of the lawsuit, how to do claims, etc.
    at http://www.pickapaysettlement.com The attorney firms that are "representing" us are also listed. Not easy to reach.
    Good luck.
  5. AZhelpneeded

AZhelpneeded LoanSafe Member

We got a notice in the mail last week with a claim form.
  6. lagreen4

lagreen4 LoanSafe Member

I am Class B so (as I understand it) I am automatically included without the need of a claim form. You? I emailed a local LA law firm that is involved on our side...if we indeed have one. I guess I am skeptical. But have spent a great deal of time searching for info today. I am thinking I should stop killing myself every month to make the payment. Doesn't seem to be working in my favor and it is depleting what is left of my resources. Any advice or experience out there?
  7. wow_in_CA

wow_in_CA LoanSafe Member

Anytime I have gotten one of these class actions...and filled out all the paperwork...sent the proof that was requested,
    I think the most I got back was $100. And that was the very top! Most settlements were under $40. I don't know the details of this class action, but would like to have some kind of reference. If the lawyers could post how many possible claimants there would be and the possible payout...we could then do the math to see what we could possibly expect.

My own opinion is that if the settlement is tiny, I would rather exclude myself just to be a thorn in Wells side at some future time. (Even if that time never happens).

Dale