Home Loans and Support

What is quicken loans?

Discussion in 'Quicken Loans' started by Moe, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

Quicken Loans Inc. consists of the QuickenLoans.com online lending site, the Rock Financial brand in southeast Michigan, One Reverse Mortgage,[1] based in San Diego, California, and Title Source, a mortgage settlement service provider. In 2007, Quicken Loans processed approximately $19 billion in residential mortgage loans.

The company employs about 2,890 workers[2] and is currently headquartered in Detroit, Michigan.

Adress & Contact Info:

Phone: Client Relations (800) 863-4332.

Address: Main Office - 1050 Woodward Avenue Detroit, MI 48226

CHAIRMAN / FOUNDER
    Daniel "Dan" Gilbert (born January 17, 1962) is the Chairman and Founder of Quicken Loans Inc. and Rock Financial, as well as the majority owner of the National Basketball Association's Cleveland Cavaliers and American Hockey League's Lake Erie Monsters.

HISTORY:

In December 1998, Intuit Inc. (makers of TurboTax and Quicken) purchased Rock Financial. The national web operation was renamed "Quicken Loans" and grew substantially as the leading provider of direct-to-consumer home loans on the Internet, offering mortgages in all 50 states. Gilbert remained at the company as its CEO. In July 2002, just 30 months from the sale of Rock Financial, Gilbert led a small group of private investors and purchased the Quicken Loans subsidiary back from Intuit. He continues to serve as the chairman of Quicken Loans Inc., which now consists of Quicken Loans, Rock Financial, One Reverse Mortgage and national title insurance and escrow provider, Title Source.

On November 12, 2007, Quicken Loans founder Dan Gilbert announced a development agreement with the city to move the company headquarters to downtown Detroit, consolidating suburban offices.[5] The construction sites reserved for development by the agreement included the location of the former Statler on Grand Circus Park and the former Hudson's location.[6]

However, on July 13, 2009, Quicken announced that it would lease four floors of the Compuware building at Campus Martius Park in Detroit, and hopes to have a building of their own built by 2013 in Downtown Detroit.

OTHER FACTS:

• Funded over $15 billion in loans in the first half of 2009
    • According to National Mortgage News, we're America's largest online lender
    • Ranked in the Top 30 of FORTUNE Magazine's Best Places to Work in America for 6 years
    LoanSafe Links:

Links, Blogs and Quicken Companies:

Sources:

Quicken Loans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.quickenloans.com/

Dan Gilbert (businessman) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

100 Best Companies to Work For 2009: Quicken Loans - from FORTUNE

Dan Gilbert: Chairman of Quicken Loans Shares His Thoughts on Mortgages | LoanSafe.org