Home Loans and Support

What does "Referred" mean, on the BOA loan status update screen?

Discussion in 'Countrywide Home Loans - Tell Us Your Countrywide ' started by This Is It, Dec 18, 2009.

1. This Is It

This Is It LoanSafe Member

I have two workouts, one says approved and the other says referred. I am just trying to figure out what Referred meant.

Start Trial MHA: 08-16-2009, 10-01-2009, 11-01-2009, 12-01-2009 next trial payment. 01-01-2010.
  2. montana59451

montana59451 LoanSafe Member

My online account just updated to the same thing today 12/19. I still show that I am approved as of 11/19. They don't work on Saturdays do they (why should they, they don't work all week). I want to know what the "Referred" means too
  3. hope67

hope67 LoanSafe Member

This Is It, BOA sometimes works on 2 different workouts, so I'm guessing that one of those workouts is an in-house program.

"Referred" could mean that it was referred to the investor for final approval or referred to the underwriter. I'm just guessing.
  4. This Is It

This Is It LoanSafe Member

Thanks!! Hope67 I think i remember my husband saying, the negotiator is forwarding our file to Quality Control or Underwriting. Were going on our 5th trial payment 01-01-2010 "Dec 01,2009" payment still has not been credited to our acct yet. They have recieved the payment.
  5. sahm2two

sahm2two LoanSafe Member

I just got the same msg. I was supposed to hear something from them today. So, I am hoping it means my file is moving.
  6. AzGryffindor

AzGryffindor LoanSafe Member

I also have the same message except that my online account shows two workouts in progress.

As for referred meaning they sent it to the investor......no. The language they are using doesn't support that:

<table class="workout-status-item-table" summary="laura eepsum" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="first">
    </td> <td> Your request for assistance has been received and will be reviewed for potential Workout Assistance programs. Please be advised that all collections activities are continuing for your loan, as your loan has not yet been pre-qualified for a Workout Assistance program. We expect more information to be available on 01/04/2010. If your status remains unchanged after 01/04/2010, please call and speak to a customer service representative. Please do not call back before 01/04/2010 as that will delay the process. Please respond promptly to any calls or requests that you may receive from Home Retention Department during this period. Lack of response will cause your workout to be delayed or cancelled. Thank you.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table class="workout-status-item-table" summary="laura eepsum" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="first">Information as of:</td> <td>12/20/2009 (Yeah right, BofA was working on a Sunday????)

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="first">Workout stage:</td> <td>Referred
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
  7. montana59451

montana59451 LoanSafe Member

Hey AZ

That was my thought when I got the "Referred" on Saturday. Will be calling to find out as soon as they open. Will post the answer I get if and when I get it. Please do the same!