Home Loans and Support

Victory over Chase! Homeowners with loans originated by WaMu - help is here!

Discussion in 'Mortgage Complaints' started by MACAT, Apr 7, 2011.

1. MACAT

MACAT LoanSafe Member

I did a title search on my property. Found out who the trustee is and who the beneficiary is on my 1st and HELOC. It is one in the same, listed as Washington Mutual Bank, FA. Since they are no longer in business, it appears that they may not have the right to foreclose on my property!! In fact, they were not in business at all on the originating date of my loan, 1/4/06!! How can that be? Its called fraud. I'm not going to let the banksters take my home without a fight!! Read on below, an article I copied and pasted. This is not about getting a free house -- its about the banksters NOT getting a free house. Best wishes to you all and good luck!!

Friday, April 1, 2011
    Action Alert: Call the FDIC with Your Terms of Settlement for the Fake/Forged Bank Documents
    Nancy Koerber an activist in Washington State sent out an action alert today as follows:

Sheila C. Bair
    Sheila Bair, Chairman of the FDIC, " thinks a large clean-up pool funded by the banks that would pay homeowners to accept a bank's ownership claim without a lawsuit is necessary."

Mortgage paperwork mess: Next housing shock? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Nancy JUST called the FDIC, Office of the Ombudsman. Here's what shesaid, "Ms. Bair is telling the homeowners that the banks need to offer a bribe to the homeowners to accept this fake/forged documents. I will be the first to accept the bribe. Here's my terms: $400,000 + treble damages. Nothing less." I also told him that if they think the amount of lawsuits now are a problem, we are talking to homeowners every day. And we are teaching them that the documents are false. We are going to the legislature and showing them that their documents are false. We, in Washington, are getting ready to file 5000 Quiet Titles in the next 6 months, so if they think the amount of lawsuits NOW is a problem, just wait."

Every single one of you needs to call the FDIC and say the very same thing. We can ALL be bribed....for the amount of the loan inducement and treble damages.

Please call en masse!!!! 1-877-275-3342

I personally called the above number and told Trey Hair, one of the Ombudsmen for the FDIC, what Nancy Koerber told them except that I named my own terms: $1,400,000 plus treble damages. I told them that here in California we are contacting and educating our Office of the Attorney General and our legislators every day. I discussed the fraud being perpetrated by JPMorgan Chase and their use of fraudulent documents and their efforts to foreclose in the name of the extinct bank Washington Mutual Bank, FA that ceased to exist with the legal name change published on 4/4/2005 to Washington Mutual Bank. I discussed how under CA Civil Code 1558 that one engaging in a contract must be identifiable as a legal entity. This conversation was with a man named Trey Hair.

Mr. Hair of the FDIC Ombudsman's Office told me to contact the "Primary Regulator" for JPMorgan Chase -- that being the Federal Reserve Board. He gave me these telephone numbers 202-452-3692 and 888-851-1920. He gave the mailing address as Federal Reserve Board, Mail Stop 801, 20th & C Streets NW, Washington, DC 20551.

Mr. Hair then eagerly referred me to a "senior ombudsman" named Gordon Talbot who was very nervous about talking to me about the aforementioned issues. He did tell me that the FDIC has been receiving a lot of calls. When I mentioned that Sheila Bair suggested that the banks bribe homeowners to accept the forged and fraudulent documents, he mistakenly took it that I was trying to bribe him and the FDIC. I quickly clarified the situation and made it clear that it was Ms. Sheila Bair who had stated the banks should do the bribing. Mr. Talbot was very nice but very very nervous!!!

Mr. Talbot of the FDIC suggested I call the FDIC Office of the Inspector General at 877-275-3342 and ask for the Office of the Inspector General and tell them of our complaints. He also said I should contact the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency; I responded by relating to him just how complaints are handled -- OCC receives complaint; OCC forwards complaint to JPMorgan Chase; JPMC self-investigates and reports back to OCC; OCC accepts JPMC's report as being gospel and does nothing to address the fraud.

I urge you each and every one to file a complaint against JPMorgan Chase with the Federal Reserve Board and with the FDIC Inspector General, John T. Rimer (see bio below). State that you are a member of the National WAMU Homeowners Support Group and that you are a leader in your state. Tell them all about the fraud and abuse. Tell them, if this is true for you, how JPMorgan Chase is foreclosing citing Washington Mutual Bank FA as the Beneficiary when that name ceased to exist on 4/4/2005 and that this entity WAMU FA continued to violate civil contract law by making loans as a dead bank.

Jon T. Rimer, Inspector General
    FDIC Office of Inspector General
    3501 Fairfax Drive
    Arlington, VA, 22226
    Hotline: 1-800-964-3342
    Jon T. Rymer is the Inspector General of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Nominated by President Bush and confirmed by the Senate on June 22, 2006, he has served as Inspector General since July 5, 2006. From 1981 through 1992, Mr. Rymer was Executive Vice President of First American National Bank of Tennessee. He was also Executive Vice President of Boatmen's Bank of Arkansas from 1992 through 1997. In 1997, he joined the accounting firm of KPMG LLP, where he provided services for banking clients on matters of process improvement, assurance processes, and internal auditing. His clients ranged from international banks to community banks, thrifts, and credit unions. Mr. Rymer has served for 29 years in the active and reserve components of the U.S. Army, and has received numerous awards for his service. He is a graduate of the U.S. Army's Inspector General School. He is also a graduate of the University of Tennessee where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. He earned a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Arkansas. Mr. Rymer is a Certified Internal Auditor and is currently serving as the Chair of the Audit Committee of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency. He was appointed by the Acting Comptroller General to serve from 2009-2011 on the Advisory Council on Government Auditing Standards.
    Elizabeth A. Coleman was appointed Inspector General for the Federal Reserve Board effective May 6, 2007. Pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended, Ms. Coleman leads a staff responsible for promoting economy, efficiency, and effectiveness within Board programs and operations. The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is also responsible for preventing and detecting waste, fraud, and abuse at the Board, among other duties. The OIG achieves its legislative mandate through audits, evaluations, investigations, and legislative reviews, and by keeping the Chairman of the Board and Congress fully informed. Ms. Coleman joined the Board's OIG in 1989 as a senior auditor. She was promoted to program manager in 1999 and to senior program manager in 2001. She was appointed to the official staff in 2004, as the Assistant Inspector General for Communications and Quality Assurance. Over the last ten years, Ms. Coleman has worked closely with the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), a professional organization comprised of about sixty statutory Inspectors General who were formerly members of the President's Council on Integrity and Efficiency and the Executive Council on Integrity and Efficiency (ECIE). Collectively, the members of the CIGIE help improve government programs and operations. Prior to joining the Board's staff, Ms.Coleman was employed by the Government Accountability Office. Ms. Coleman has a BBA from James Madison University and is a graduate of the Stonier Graduate School of Banking, Georgetown University. She also attended the Federal Reserve System's Trailblazers Leadership Conference. Ms. Coleman is a Certified Information Systems Auditor.
    Contact a Federal Reserve customer service representative today.
    Federal Reserve Consumer Help
    PO Box 1200
    Minneapolis, MN 55480
    888-851-1920 (Phone) 877-766-8533 (TTY) 877-888-2520 (Fax)
    Email Us

This is war! Suit up! Get to the front lines and act! Together WE ARE ONE, WE ARE STRONG, WE ARE FREE.
  2. jakelabry

jakelabry LoanSafe Member

Uh, Washington Mutual was in business until September 25, 2008 when they were seized by OTS - that is 2.6 years after your loan was originated.
    Jeffrey L. Shurtliff likes this.
  3. fighton

fighton LoanSafe Member

MACAT - My loan is also originally from another security bank then to WAMU and then taken over by CHASE. How do you go about doing a title search and how much does that cost? I am in Cali.
  4. MACAT

MACAT LoanSafe Member

fighton
    How do you go about doing a title search and how much does it cost? From what I know, a title company can do the search on your behalf. Depending on which company you choose, it may cost around $100 bucks. Once the title search is performed you will have knowledge of the Trustee and Beneficiary on your loan. The title report may also be performed with the click of the mouse too - don't know, but type the question into your browser and see what you turn up. Best of luck to you! ~MACAT in California
  5. Annie Mac

Annie Mac LoanSafe Member

Reviving this thread...Macat are you still around, still in your house? I am readin cases and getting into the fine print now, and the NOD and sale date I just received posts Washington Mutual Bank,FA as the "beneficiary" who is foreclosing. However, like you, my original loan was with Washington Mutual Bank, FA, AFTER 4-4-2005. This expains alot. Now I know why I feel like I have a leper loan....Chase doesn't want to do anything at all. However, it basically means I have a loan with a non-existent lender, who was absorbed by yet another posing lender.... Curious what has been happening in your situation in the last year?
  6. MACAT

MACAT LoanSafe Member

Hi Annie,
    I am still in my house. You?
  7. Annie Mac

MACAT,
    This is good to hear. So many Wamu/Chase folks are walking away. I am in my house, however, I received one of the last NODS and NOTS before the new laws kicked in for Oregon. There is a lot which is not in compliance with this, which I will not go into here, so my sale date is October 29, however right now there is a debt validation letter which I wrote and all is on hold. The NOD is in the name of Washington Mutual Bank, a federal association....the trustee refers to Chase as the servicer. This is no surprise. What is happening on your end?
  8. Martae007

Martae007 LoanSafe Member

Hello all. Interesting, I'm in California, have a WAMU/CHASE loan originated and WAMU purchased the first mtg. in 2006. I've requested a mod in 2009, property underwater by 55%. They just recorded NOD in March, 2012. All this time, I've been playing the "please resubmit game". There is also a second mortgage with another lender. This posts answers alot. I always thought WAMU didn't proceed because they lost the note....
  9. Annie Mac

There are so many factors which have occurred and were purposely kept under wraps....firstly, the issue that while Wamu was making predatory loans, they were not insolvent; Jamie Dimon wanted Wamu. Wamu was on the West coast, with none of the pals who hang out together in New York and Washington. That was one tidbit which came out in an interview of Kirsten Grind, the author of The Lost Bank, a story of Wamu. Then, Chase is believed to have paid 1.9% on the assets it gained....there are still almost 100 pages of that sale agreement which have not been released. Right now "the note" may be a moot point. There were no assignments to Chase in county recordings, the "resubmit the application" game went on for four years for me. It does appear that our files have been in the Orphanage all this time.
  10. Annie Mac

The pattern we have all had to deal with for months and years with Chase as our bankster, is missing papers, resubmitting modification applications, faxing things sometimes up to six times in an effort to comply, conflicting information on the phone, and what seems to be a "choose which cup the dice is under" magic game. For those at this far advanced stage of dealing with Chase, such as NODs, sale dates, robosigned and invalid docs, missing securitizations, there is a very interesting piece of information about recordkeeping, documents, etc. regarding servicing by Chase. A former Chase employee, Michael Zarro, has shared detailed information about what might be included in the debt validation inquiry, as well as the sources they use. It states the average amount of time to complete an AOI (affidavit of indebtedness) is 25 minutes. Boy, I sure wish I could make sense of the mess in 25 minutes. For those with Chase, this is helpful information, and for those not serviced/victimized by Chase, it is insightful information about recordkeeping in general by such a large "entity."

http://www.victoryoverchase.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-win-at-discovery-game-when.html
  11. tadias13

tadias13 LoanSafe Member

My WAMU/Chase loan from March 2006 has now been sold. As of 12/1/14 Caliber is the new servicer and LS(Loan Star) F9 Master Participation Hedge Fund is the new owner. For months Chase kept threatening foreclosure bet never pulled the trigger because they can't. If Chase can't then Caliber can't either. Caliber is officially the new servicer on behalf of Lone Star as of 12/1/14. Gee I wonder what happens next? No NOD yet, time to do a title search and arm myself with information. I do regularly check the information on my local county website. As of 2/4/13 and 2/8/13 Chase has recorded 2 Deed of Trust Assignments naming WAMU, Chase, the FDIC and myself. I am going to county recorder to see these fake documents for myself, and all of the others that are under my name. Then do a title search to arm myself with information to keep my home.
  12. Annie Mac

How is everyone doing, after the news that our favorite bank CEO himself personally called Senate members for the budget vote ? Is there any doubt left in anyone's mind that the once three branches of government are now under one address...Wall Street. Remember the innocent days of filling out loan mod applications, believing it was a matter of getting all the numbers in the right column, and we thought we were dealing with a bank like those we grew up with. If the many heads of the dragon are all on the same body, just who are we battling for our homes?
  13. wanda robo

wanda robo LoanSafe Member

It's Medusa, baby. That's who. And they hope we will look them in the eye & turn to stone & be entranced.....it's a million slithering snakes, all attached to the same head. You are right, one body, one head, many snakes......
    tadias13 likes this.
  14. driftwood

driftwood LoanSafe Member

I suggest people show Senator Warren and any congress representative that stands with her some vocal support to keep pointing out what's going on. I actually send her office emails linking articles and expressing my support for her public stand. She and anyone speaking out is getting pressure from both sides of the aisle to be quiet.
  15. tadias13

tadias13 LoanSafe Member

I like Senator Warren and I saw this on NPR.

'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpoli...on-fighting-the-banks-and-her-political-futur