Home Loans and Support

Underwriting complete now in next stage...what??

Discussion in 'Bank of America Mortgage Help' started by carjacx, Jun 7, 2010.

1. carjacx

carjacx LoanSafe Member

So my HAMP modification underwriting is complete. But, what is the next stage? I was told today it could take another 30 days...wtf!! By then my financial will be over 90 days again. I have contacted OOP and am supposed to be esculated and my neg says that is all they can do. Why cant I speak to the underwriters?

I was also told to make my 7th trial payment and if the final modification comes in they always give you 30 days before next payment due. And, I am still be charged late fees of which when questioned was told to go over with the neg when final modification terms are discussed. Is that true? What about all full payments showing still due in full?

I dont want to upset BAC to get my modification so I dont know how to proceed...keep calling for answers? wait for final modification??
  2. timmywit

timmywit LoanSafe Member

did they say the it was approved or denied? if it was approved you are in the clear then it goes to the MHA closing department. All you are going to get from your underwriter if your file is approved or denied, they send your file to the closing dept after its been underwrited. I take it you where not told it was denied is a good thing.
    Dont be afraid to upset BoA your 3 month trial plan is now 7. Keep calling at least 2x a week.
  3. lisasxr

lisasxr LoanSafe Member

I have made 4 trial payments thus far. BoA has waved the late fees each time they have applied a full payment. Keep calling, ask for supervisors.

My neg stated today that MHA underwriting is complete, he says my file looks good. He thinks I may have my perm mod docs in a few weeks (I won't hold my breath, but it would be nice!)
  4. spiker54

spiker54 LoanSafe Member

I was told I'm approved also 5/20/10. Waiting for docs to be printed. Could take 60 days. Keep making trial payments.
  5. carjacx

carjacx LoanSafe Member

All my neg said was underwriting was "completed." Once it is completed how long before you know approved or denied? then how long for closing? do you have to resubmit financials?

Also, I have hundreds of dollars in late fees.....9 months worth and my account show owing full payments from 9 months...have not even checked my credit report..sigh!
  6. AzGryffindor

AzGryffindor LoanSafe Member

There must be different types of underwriters.

Once I finally put my foot down and demanded that my file be escalated (was going on trial pmt #7), I received a call 3 days later from my underwriter. A few days later I received my Perm Mod docs for signature.