Home Loans and Support

Underemployed: how long will Citi take to foreclose?

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by Howiecanstay, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Howiecanstay

Howiecanstay LoanSafe Member

I have had 2 jobs this past year that laid me off due to the economy. Still have some income with part-time work, while looking for full-time job. Tried to do HAMP with Citi and of course that was a joke. Can anyone get inside the corporate mind of Citi to find out how quickly they're going to foreclose? What else can I do to stay in my home?

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining.

It is very unfortunate to hear that you were laid off from your jobs this year. Hopefully you can find more employment soon so you can achieve a modification. One thing they may consider is a forbearance plan if you cannot afford to make the payment even with a modified amount. This plan will allow you to make reduced payments for a period of 3-6 months while you work on finding a full time job.

The foreclosure process is going to vary for everyone no matter which servicer you have. I have seen it take as little as six months or less for a foreclosure date to be set and for some members here it has been up to one or two years and have yet to be served with a notice of sale.

How many months are you currently behind?