Home Loans and Support

Trying to get modification

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by Hayden713, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hayden713

Hayden713 LoanSafe Member

I have a loan with BOA, bought house in 2007, at the worst possible time, My income fell in half from 2007 to 2008. This of course put me behind on the mortgage payment. In order to stay up, I paid the taxes trhough a tax loan. So for two years I had tax loans which paid the taxes on the house. These tax loans were only about $250/mo and were paid up to date when i fell behiond on my mortgage and foreclosure proceedings were started. I came up with the money neccessary to reinstate my lopan (about $20,000) but BOA told me they paid off my tax loans and I now owe them the taxes for those two years, They have doubled my house payment. So now six montsh later after paying the double house payments for the last six months I am again falling behind. I could easily pay the oringinal payment based on my current income but cant keep making the double payment. Everytime I ask for a modification i am told i make too much money etc. Is there a way to negotioate with them to take those tax loans and add them on to the end of the mortgage. Im at a loss as to what to do next.
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Hi Hayden713,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining..............

What you can do to get some relief in your payment is to contact BofA's escrow/tax department and see if they will work with you to spread out the shortage that they paid. Most lenders will work with you on that, and some will even spread it out over a 60 month period.