Home Loans and Support

Told I've been referred to Heart Program. What is Heart Program?

Discussion in 'Countrywide Home Loans - Tell Us Your Countrywide ' started by Tmar898, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Tmar898

Tmar898 LoanSafe Member

Hi All,
    I'm a homeowner who has a Countrywide Home Loan with an ARM set to adjust in October 2008 with the Nov 2008 payment to increase. I called Countrywide Home Loans, of course got the run around. But, because of the information I learned from loansafe.org, I was equipped and ready. I continued to call back everyday, several times a day. Finally, the 3rd day, a rep took information and told me to fax in hardship letter and income verification that was on July 29th. Today Aug 1st, I checked website and the section to check status of Workout Information states: Short Sale! SEE BELOW

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=header1back align=left><TD class=header1text>Documents Received </TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=header2back><TD class=mainbold width="30%">Processing Date</TD><TD class=mainbold width="30%">Workout Type</TD><TD class=mainbold width="40%">Document Type</TD></TR><TR><TD class=main>07/31/2008 </TD><TD class=main>Short Sale </TD><TD class=main>Other </TD></TR><TR><TD class=main>07/31/2008 </TD><TD class=main>Short Sale </TD><TD class=main>Proof of Income </TD></TR><TR><TD class=main>07/31/2008 </TD><TD class=main>Short Sale </TD><TD class=main>Other </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>

I did not request a short sale! I requested a loan modication. The CW Rep stated they would offer me a 5 yr fixed rate at my current payment. Should I be concerned? I'm not selling my home. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW??!!
    I would like to thank you for everything you're do for homeowners in America!! We really, really appreciate the empowerment you guys are giving us!!!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  2. Dan Bailey

Dan Bailey Senior Member

Re: Modification Request Is Listed As Short Sale On Countrywide Website

Tmar,
    I know that it takes some time for the online information to be updated correctly...it has only been one day. Keep checking on it periodicaly.
  3. Tmar898

Tmar898 LoanSafe Member

Thanks for your reply.
    So, I should just wait? Should I call CW?
  4. Dan Bailey

Dan Bailey Senior Member

Tmar,
    It can't hurt to call and ask them to just double check, but their database may not be updated yet anyway either. Just keep a running record of each call and who you talked to.
  5. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi Tmar898,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.................

Dan is right, you would need to contact CW to see why they have your file coded as Short Sale.............the only thing I can think of on the mix up is when you put together your household income versus your household expenses were you able to show a surplus of st least $100-$250 left at the end of the month? If you were showing a deficit when they did the input the computer might have generated the Short Sale option.............but definately call and get that coded correctly............

Please keep us posted...........
  6. Tmar898

Tmar898 LoanSafe Member

Hi Cat,

Actually, After the rep did my calculations, I think she came up with a surplus of $527 a month. If that is what she stated (I'm not sure), that figure is incorrect, it's actually less than that!! The figure is less than $300 a month.
    Should I call them and correct it?
  7. Moe

Then the code was probably put in wrong............just tell them to correct the code on the file to read modification.......and check to make sure it is corrected online.
  8. Tmar898

Tmar898 LoanSafe Member

Re: Modification Request UPDATE

Well, when I checked the site on August 5th, I can no longer make my payments online. The system states my account needs special attention and gives me a 1800 number to call. Called the number, then the Countrywide Home Loans Rep asked if I was going thru a modification? I stated yes. I then asked if I could make a payment over the phone? He stated yes, and that he could offer me a discounted fee of $6.00. I made the payment and got a reference number. (Note: when I look on the Countrywide Home Loans system online it shows a payment made on August 5, 2008). The system states my loan mod request is being reviewed and all collection activities have been temporarily discontinued. They advised me not to call. The system states that there should be an update by August 25, 2008. If nothing has changed give them a call. They state they probably will not call or contact me, but if I receive correspondence to get back to them promptly. Should I call them? Or should I wait?

Oh yeah, I originally wrote in stating my mod was listed as a short sale. I did speak with someone (several days ago) who stated she would change it in the system- but online it still states Short Sale. Note: When I speak with representatives over the phone, they are aware of my modification request- no one has referenced a short sale.
  9. Dan Bailey

Dan Bailey Senior Member

Tmar,
    Sometimes calling too much can result in too many fingers in the pie, and a screw up in what is entered into the computer by the "underlings"(generic phone answerers-reps)...I'd wait until the 25th to hear from them, then call and try to get in contact with the loan mod dept.
    If the reps have stated it is a mod request, and not short sale, I would take down their name, time of call, date, etc...and keep a paper trail going.
  10. Tmar898

Tmar898 LoanSafe Member

Hi Cat and everyone:
    Haven't signed in for quite a while. I was waiting for Aug 26 when my modification request verification results would be available as stated on Countrywide Home Loans web site. Today is Aug 26. The website no longer states any info. It states there is no workout on my account. But on Aug 25, it stated it was in verification process. Called CW several times (3) was given three different answers. Most of representatives mentioned the Heart Program. What is the Heart Program? I called the Heart Program and was told the only thing they do is answer questions. They don't have any record of my account. They said they don't process modifications. I don't know what to do now.:( I need help! What is my next step? My payments increase in November 2008. That may sound like it's far away, but in fact it's right around the corner. What is my next move? I think CW is giving me the run around. Note: On Friday Aug 22, I received a call from a woman stating she was from CW. Her name was Nikki Guys @ 1888-453-5038. That number does not work. I mentioned the number to all the CW reps and the Heart Program reps- no one knows what I'm talking about.
  11. Dan Bailey

Dan Bailey Senior Member

here is a contact to the Heart Team.........
    1-877-643-2788
  12. Dan Bailey

Dan Bailey Senior Member

It's the Homesavers Advanced Program for those who have Fannie May as their investors. I'm not great at making links..so if that link doesnt work to take you directly to info on the program, do a search of HEART Program and some of the threads in the forum have links to the website.
  13. Tracey

Tracey LoanSafe Member

I was in the exact same boat as you 2 weeks ago.

You'll be in good hands
  14. Moe

Hi Tmar,

The Heart Team is a group that processes the paperwork out of an office for Countrywide on loans where FannieMae is the investor...........so they won't be able to tell you anything about the program at the number given........the paperwork normally just shows up on your doorstep.......so keep checking for that.............

If that happens and you have questions on the docs let me know.........

Call into this dept. and anyone there should be able to assist in telling you when the paperwork might arrive..............
    1-800-405-0078

Please let us know what you hear........
  15. Tmar898

Tmar898 LoanSafe Member

It was my understanding that requirements for the Homesaver Program is that you had to be late on your mortgage payment. I am current.

Tracey, How does the process work? Will I actually receive paperwork reducing my payment and interest? Who do I make my Sept 1st payment to?
  16. Tracey

Tracey LoanSafe Member

My understanding is you should receive a letter in the mail about the rate adj, the lenght of time and a new payment. I would call that 800-405-0078 and ask them to clarify the details and to change them if necessary. They have much clearer information than the Home Retention number in India. They changed my rate to the intro rate in mid July but I did not know that until I called Tabitha and sent me a letter in August.

Good Luck!
  17. Tmar898

Tmar898 LoanSafe Member

Tracey,
    Thanks for your reply. Do you think I should contact Tabitha today? Or wait a few days? So you did not receive your paperwork in the mail until you called Tabitha? You did state you payment was reduced right? Because I need my payment reduced- just wondering if that will be an option for me.
  18. Tracey

Tracey LoanSafe Member

I would call her now. Why not. I waited 3 weeks for the "Heart" paperwork. I spoke with Tabitha had her paperwork in 5 days and the "Heart" paperwork showed 2 days later.

She is really nice and you are only looking for information.
    I called her on a Friday afternoon and had an answer back that evening.
  19. Tmar898

Tmar898 LoanSafe Member

Cat,

Quick Question: Up until today 8\27\08 I was unable to make payments to my account online because I initiated a workout on July 31st. My call back date was after August 25. Called back on Aug 26th was told I'm in Fast Track Heart Program. Now the system states:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=header1back align=left><TD class=header1text>Documents Received </TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=header2back><TD class=mainbold width="30%">Processing Date</TD><TD class=mainbold width="30%">Workout Type</TD><TD class=mainbold width="40%">Document Type</TD></TR><TR><TD class=main>07/31/2008 </TD><TD class=main>Modification </TD><TD class=main>WORKOUT OTHER </TD></TR><TR><TD class=main>07/31/2008 </TD><TD class=main>Modification </TD><TD class=main>WORKOUT OTHER </TD></TR><TR><TD class=main>07/31/2008 </TD><TD class=main>Modification </TD><TD class=main>VERIFICATION OF DEPOSITS/ASSETS </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[​IMG] </TD></TR><TR><TD class=main colSpan=3>The above list is real-time and reflects the documents processed to date for this account. We may have received additional documents recently sent to us that have not been processed and therefore do not appear in the list. Please do not call us to check the status of a document not showing in the list as our representatives will not be able to provide any additional information than what is shown here. Thank you for your patience. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=header1back><TD class=header1text>Current Workout Status </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=Table3 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=data>[​IMG] </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alert>No Results Found For This Account

Now, today I'm also able to make payments again online on my account. Of course I was told by CW to wait for my documents to come in the mail this is day 2 of 5 days to wait until I call back. Should I be concerned that the system now allows me to make payments again? Does anyone know what this means? Or has had a similar experience to let me know what's going on now?
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  20. Moe

Tmar898,

I don't recall anyone posting that they were not able to make payments and then the status changed.........
    Did you call into the number I provided to ask that dept. to go over the info with you?