Home Loans and Support

Things You Didn’t Know Are In Obama’s Healthcare Package

Discussion in 'Politics' started by faith, Mar 21, 2010.

1. faith

faith LoanSafe Member

Hello everyone,
    I am concerned about Obama Health Plan and have been searching to find out the truth about it and this is what I've found. Can someone tell me if this is true?

Things You Didn’t Know Are In Obama’s Healthcare Package

Pg 16: SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE. lines 3-26 of the HC Bill – OUTLAWS PRIVATE INSURANCE by forbidding enrollment after HR 3022 is passed into law.

Pg 21-22: SEC. 113. INSURANCE RATING RULES of the HC Bill MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

Pg 29: SEC. 122. ESSENTIAL BENEFITS PACKAGE DEFINED: lines 4-16 in the HC bill – YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!

Pg 30: SEC. 123. HEALTH BENEFITS ADVISORY COMMITTEE of HC bill – THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

Pg 42: SEC. 142. DUTIES AND AUTHORITY OF COMMISSIONER of HC Bill – The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50-51: SEC. 152. PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE in HC bill – HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, ILLEGAL or otherwise.

Pg 58: SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION HC Bill – Government will have real-time access to individual’s finances and a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

Pg 59: SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATIONHC Bill lines 21-24 Government will have DIRECT access to your BANK ACCOUNTS for electronic funds transfer. This means the government can go in and take your money right out of your bank account.

PG 65: SEC. 164. REINSURANCE PROGRAM FOR RETIREES is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions and community orgs (ACORN).

Pg 72: SEC. 201. ESTABLISHMENT OF HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE; OUTLINE OF DUTIES; DEFINITIONS Lines 8-14 Government is creating an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Government control.

PG 84: SEC. 203. BENEFITS PACKAGE LEVELS HC Bill – Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the Exchange

PG 85: SEC. 203. BENEFITS PACKAGE LEVELS Line 7 HC Bill – SPECIFICATION OF BENEFIT LEVELS FOR PLANS = The Government will ration your Healthcare!

PG 91: SEC. 204. CONTRACTS FOR THE OFFERING OF EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLANS Lines 4-7 HC Bill – Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. Example – Translation for illegal aliens!

Pg 95: SEC. 205. OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Government will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Government HC plan.

PG 102: SEC. 205. OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN Lines 12-18 HC Bill – Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice!

pg 124: SEC. 223. PAYMENT RATES FOR ITEMS AND SERVICES lines 24-25 HC No company can sue the GOVERNMENT on price fixing! No “judicial review” against Government Monopoly!!

pg 127: SEC. 225. PROVIDER PARTICIPATION Lines 1-16 HC Bill – Doctors/ AMA – The Government will tell YOU what you can make.

Pg 145: SEC. 312. EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENT COVERAGE Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE!!

Pg 146: SEC. 312. EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENT COVERAGE Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay 4 HC 4 part time employees AND their families.

Pg 149: SEC. 313. EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIEU OF COVERAGE Lines 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll of $400k and above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll.

pg 150: SEC. 313. EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIEU OF COVERAGE Lines 9-13 Business’s with payroll between $251k – $400k who doesn’t provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll.

Pg 167: SEC. 401. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable HC according to Government will be taxed 2.5% of income.

Pg 170: SEC. 401. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is EXEMPT from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

Pg 195: HC Bill – SEC. 421. CREDIT FOR SMALL BUSINESS EMPLOYEE HEALTH COVERAGE EXPENSES Officers and employees of HC Administration (GOVERNMENT) will have access to ALL Americans financial and personal records!

PG 203: SEC. 441. SURCHARGE ON HIGH INCOME INDIVIDUALS Line 14-15 HC – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that!

If you google Impeach Obama, there's about 176,000 results to Impeach Obama. I pray that God will cut down the term of Obama in less than 2 years and remove Obama from his position and strike him with boils in his butt because he is not the solution but he is the problem and a BIG One. Now I got that off my chest, thanks for listening and I welcome your comment.

Here's the link:
    Things You Didn’t Know Are In Obama’s Healthcare Package FrankLynchUSA

impeach obama - Bing
    1 person likes this.
  2. michelle kaber

michelle kaber LoanSafe Member

Hi Faith,

Wow, Unbelieveable....Just like our ole mortgage documents.
    1 person likes this.
  3. fredk

fredk LoanSafe Member

Faith, in the past on this site you have posted that the only reason Obama was elected is because of the color of his skin.

You have incorrectly stated that Obama raised your taxes starting in January of 2010 and when corrected and it was explained to you that in actuality your taxes were lowered in 2009 and still lowered in 2010 you conveniently NEVER acknowledged your error.

Now this list ... a combination of facts and OPINIONS that again are conveniently not seperated but posted like they are all facts.

Your use of religion to mask your racist views doesnt get past all of us.
  4. msm859

msm859 LoanSafe Member

ANYONE who wants to impeach Obama should not be in this forum trying to learn how to get a loan modified. The ONLY reason there is even a possibility of loan modifications is because he was elected. McCain would not have tried HAMP. The hypocrisy of the Republicans is beyond measure. Bush passed 2 tax cuts and medicare part D that raised the deficit by 2 Trillion Dollars!! Where was the Republican concern then. When it helps the rich they don't care about the deficit. When it helps the poor they do -- even if the official scoring is that it will reduce the deficit!
  5. cbuck

cbuck LoanSafe Member

Ah, so not true. Bush is the one that came up with Hope for homeowners. This is a forum if you dont like her views give your side of the view. Silence is a pathetic way to win an arguement.
  6. troubleinriverside

troubleinriverside LoanSafe Member

I love the Ignorance of Liberals who believe that anyone who oposes their views is obviously a Racist. Well I guess the Majority of the American people are Racist. who would have known ??
    1 person likes this.
  7. fredk

fredk LoanSafe Member

Ignorance abounds it seems. The last time I voted for a democrat was probably in about 1980. This conservative just recognises racist views when he sees them.

Faith - do you realise that under Obama health care plan you wouldnt be suffering with your illnesses without treatment as your ins co, Kaiser if I recall correctly, couldn't drop you now like they did before Obama.
  8. laldana

laldana Guest

"If you google Impeach Obama, there's about 176,000 results to Impeach Obama."

So what? I just googled "impeach Bush" and got 333,000 results. 19,400 results for "impeach Mother Teresa." 62,300 results for "impeach my butt."

Can't say I'm impressed with the critical thinking here. I'm afraid you'll have to do better than quote google results and other people's talking points to make even a little dent in my opinion.
  9. laldana

laldana Guest

"Things You Didn’t Know Are In Obama’s Healthcare Package FrankLynchUSA"

Just curious, since you quote Frank Lynch: Are you then in favor of his free, universal health care plan?
  10. laldana

laldana Guest

More from Frank Lynch: Free Universal Healthcare by Frank Lynch Foundation

We must expect a tidal wave, a tsunami of TV commercials, and hordes of phony "experts" on all the talk shows and on the radio, fighting this simple idea because the medical insurance companies today collect almost one out of every six dollars spent in America each year. Not of the money spent on healthcare, but of all the money we Americans spend on everything we buy and pay for. That is hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars every year.
    Medical insurance is the biggest industry in America, and they spend hundreds of millions of dollars so that nobody knows they are the biggest industry in America.
    Medical insurance is bigger than home building. Medical insurance if bigger than oil, bigger than cars, bigger than defense. And they use that power viciously. They will do everything possible to kill the idea of free universal healthcare.
    Medical insurance companies and HMOs pay about 75% of their revenue for actual medical care of people. The other 25%, which is equal to one-third (25% divided by 75% is one third) of the money they spend for medical care, goes to profit and to operate the insurance companies.
    This simple arithmetic shows that simply by getting rid of the insurance companies, one-third more of the money we are already spending will be available to pay for actual medical care.
    To put it another way, the best way, by getting rid of insurance companies, the money which we now spend is enough to give medical care to all the uninsured people in America. Without any increase in spending.
    Estimates are that insurance companies' overhead adds more than $100 billion to medical costs. Employers spend another $100 billion dealing with the insurance companies. Doctors and hospitals spend another $100 billion dealing with, billing and fighting with the insurance companies. Getting rid of the insurance companies will save more than $300 billion a year.
    Actually, since roughly 47 to 50 million people are uninsured, and our population is 300 million people, the uninsured are about 16%. The insurance companies siphon off 25%. By getting rid of the insurance companies, that 25% will be available for healthcare. So we can give medical care to the uninsured 16% and still have 9% (25% minus 16%) left over to improve the quality of care for everyone.
    So get rid of the medical insurance companies. Medicare uses 1.5%, only one and one half percent for administration and operation, compared to 25% for insurance companies. Critics say Medicare is going broke. Sure, but only because of our incompetent politicians. Set Medicare up as a separate entity outside of political influence and it will be just fine.
    Did you know that your life expectancy increases by a few years on your 65th birthday? That is because you become covered by Medicare!
    Just expand Medicare to cover everyone, and fund it with the money employers now pay for their employee medical plans, and everyone will have excellent, complete health care with total choice of your doctors, for the same amount of money we now spend to badly cover only some of our people.
    There is an even better way to fund free health care for everyone. Get rid of the Medicare and Medicaid tax deducted from workers' paychecks. Instead have employers pay a 10% Medicare payroll tax, and fund the rest from my Abraham Lincoln Tax. As you will see in my section on "The Right Tax" Abraham Lincoln sparked a tremendous economic boom and expansion of American industry and jobs when he placed a tax on imports. I propose we tax imports for two wonderful benefits: one, as a means of bringing jobs back to America, and secondly, use that tax to pay for free universal healthcare.
  11. Upside

Upside LoanSafe Member

Anyone who wants the healthcare bill passed should go to the nearest VA hospital and take a stroll through it! It will open their eyes very quickly as to the future of govt run healthcare.
    I wouldn't let my dog go into one!!!! They are deplorable!!! And that's how the govt. treats the men and women who have sacrificed their lives to fight for the very freedoms we all have. My Dad waits 4 months for a doctors appt. and just got denied a costly medication for his dementia.
    How many government agencies are bankrupt...Social Security, USPS, Medicare, Freddie Fannie...(I know there are more)and now the govt. wants to take over healthcare....please It would be better to drink the Kool Aid.
    1 person likes this.
  12. troubleinriverside

America owes us a Living...............America owes us a Living..........
  13. troubleinriverside

wanna see your future under Obama care ? Just look at the teeth of anyone from the UK.
  14. cbuck

cbuck LoanSafe Member

LOL, I like that. It wont happen right away but give it a few years. Can you imagine. Black market teeth cleaning.lol
  15. 0334231

0334231 LoanSafe Member

I'm sorry to hear that about your Dad.Did you ever think it just shows the demand for health care and the lack of funds there of.Thank God for the VA, what if it didn't exist ? So, what's the altenaltive, people still have choices. Vets' don't have to use the VA, they can use other means..right, why depend upon something that doesn't work for you. ?

Here's my point, I can show you another VA that's in top notch shape. The system is not perfect...I can recall a bill that was defeated about a year ago, because the R's voted against VA funding. They believe like you, the government should not be involve in healthcare, so funds denied...We would prefer to send the money overseas..

In addition, this is not a government run healthcare system.The lie. You have a lot of people on medicare and are happy with it....The government is not perfect,the Private insurance companies are not either..

Did I miss something here ??
  16. Upside

Upside LoanSafe Member

Thank you for your comment regarding my Dad..it is sad that his medication has been denied by the very government he served so bravely.....maybe if our soldiers knew how they would be treated before they enlisted they would think twice.

If you will give me the top notch shape VA name I would go there to visit it...I work in hospitals and have been to many VA's and have seen with my own eyes how bad it is....

The point you are missing is that He served his country and was promised healthcare that is haphazard at best!!! Yes, he could go elsewhere but it is very difficult to get a new doctor at his age.

I am happy with my private healthcare insurance that I pay for each and every month because I choose to have healthcare and not a new car or ipod or flat panel or cable...I Choose to have a very high deductible in case something happens....I budget for it and I joyfully pay for it!!!

The only thing I can say to the healthcare bill is "IF" passed it will be REPEALED...guaranteed!!
  17. faith

faith LoanSafe Member

Fred my friend,
    I never said in my previous post that Obama was elected because of his skin. And the taxes in 2010 was explained to me that it was raised due to Obama new tax law, the 2009 taxes was explained to me was lowered due to Obama tax law and I believe what she told me. I never questioned it and I never admit to an error because I did not know that I made an error.

And as far as this thread if you will all read the first paragraph of my postings, it says:
    Hello everyone,
    I am concerned about Obama Health Plan and have been searching to find out the truth about it and this is what I've found. Can someone tell me if this is true?

That's why I asked because I really don't know what is going on and I did not checked who the author was and when it was posted, that's what my mistake is and that's why I asked you guys because I am worried that what this person found out based on his posts that the government will take money from my account and I am worried about that because the money I have is for my rent, bills and food and there's nothing left but $20 by the end of the month.

I am not a racist, sometimes, I used wrong terminology or words because it is hard to express what I really meant. And as far as how many people wants to Impeach Obama vs Bush, yes Bush has more but remember he's been in the office for 8 years and Obama has been only in the office less than a year.

In my opinion, I think if Obama will listen to both sides and that the voice of the people will be heard or make a vote for the whole USA to see if how many people wants a Public Option or not only then will this Healthcare problem will be at peace.

I apologize if I offend anyone. Thanks and God bless you all.
  18. Daisy Cutter

Daisy Cutter LoanSafe Member

My hardship which is my reason for applying for HAMP is medical expenses. I am self employed and was "covered" by a blue cross subsidiary. Last october an unexpected medical condition arose which required one major and two minor outpatient surgeries, and chronic ongoing expenses. My "insurance" made every excuse in the book not to pay. Finally they latched onto a pre-existing condition which was only loosely related the condition I developed (although, most chronic diseases are related to symptoms you may have seen in your lifetime, and either didn't notice or did not diagnose), and when I called to talk to a counselor - referred me to their FRAUD dept, as if I had intentionally left this small incident off my application as to cover up my true health.

On the flipside, I have a friend that works in HR at a major corporation and she says they are now paying out $1000 PER MONTH for each employees healthcare costs, and if you are laid off your cobra payments will cost over $800 for an individual (non family) policy. WOW, talk about a competitive disadvantage.

I am convinced that the only people who support the current status quo in healthcare are those that have either never been sick or never had to pay for being sick (the elderly for example, or people in unions etc to overpay for healthcare). All the rest of us are suffering under the system that benefits them.

We've all seen the affect of the all mighty free market on the banking system and healthcare, personally I've had enough, if it were up to me I would vote single payer but in lieu of that, the Obama plan is a good first step.

BTW I also support means testing on entitlements. Not a big fan or corporate welfare or wealthy welfare.
  19. Daisy Cutter

Daisy Cutter LoanSafe Member

Canada doesn't seem to have this problem, what is the issue there?
  20. 0334231

0334231 LoanSafe Member

It's not that it's government healthcare insurance , the problem is it's under funded-that's my point. If you notice, your government officials who oppose government health care don't complain, do they ? From the Federal level to the Local level...I'm not being funny when I say this, but GW spent all of the dam money , so we have to Rob Peter to pay Paul.

My mother in law, who lives in Ohio, and she just had one knee replaced and she was find with the serivce.Right here in Florida, there is a VA in Palm Beach County and it's a sight to behold...So, It depends on where you are ...

Upside quote: Yes, he could go elsewhere but it is very difficult to get a new doctor at his age.

This is exactly why we are transforming healthcare re-form today. It's a start, so your father can get the services he was promisied. It's difficult because of pre-existing conditions, and he will pay an arm and a leg to get it because the insurance company will not insure him.

I don't think it has to do with Ipods , cable or TV...You know the banks can say the same thing about you getting a modification-judge you.

You pay a high deductable because you can't afford to get a lower deductable....You should be able to get basic cable, TV and an Ipod and be able to have affordable health care insurance..as a matter of fact for what people pay for Ipods, I can by at least 12 Ipods for what I pay forhealth insurance every month...Also, having a high deductable is not good either...you get sick, you pay the first 5-10k upfront..so it's like you really don't have it...Also, the problem is with people who already have insurance , they are filling bankruptcy-and they have insurance..

As for as repealing the bill, there will be a revolution, before that happens....and why would you want it repealed..??