Home Loans and Support

The Truth About Jobs That No One Wants to Tell You

Discussion in 'Job News' started by Moe, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

Unemployment will almost certainly hit double-digits next year -- and may remain there for some time. And for every person who shows up as unemployed in the Bureau of Labor Statistics' household survey, you can bet there's another either too discouraged to look for work, or working part-time who'd rather have a full-time job or else taking home less pay than before (I'm in the last category, now that the University of California has instituted pay cuts). And there's yet another person who's more fearful that he or she will be next to lose a job.

In other words, ten percent unemployment really means twenty percent underemployment or anxious employment. All of which translates directly into late payments on mortgages, credit cards, auto and student loans, and loss of health insurance. It also means sleeplessness for tens of millions of Americans. And, of course, fewer purchases (more on this in a moment).

Read more from the Huffington Post

and discuss below
  2. Slim Shavings

Slim Shavings LoanSafe Member

Not only that but we need at least a 3% GDP just to stay even. And that aiint gonna happen. But as for me the sooner it crashes the sooner a lot more people get a boot and wake up and we get this thing straightened out.

China needs 8% to stay even so when they taunt 7% they are not doing as well as they say. And they own us!!
  3. caldwell02

caldwell02 LoanSafe Member

This is a good reason to post any info on real legitimate online jobs. I was looking for one for months to no avail. Even though I have avery full time job, I was trying to get another so i could pay my mortgage. I was totally unsuccessful.
  4. Big Booger

Big Booger Guest

Caldwell: I too have been looking since Feb of this year - I can't even get a job at Mcdonald's right now - even taco bell is swamped with apps - I've tried - although I work full time from home I don't make the money I did two years ago and have a loss of 1200 a month - I was hoping to try and make up for it via a second job in the evening between babies sleeping and 7a - I feel your pain
  5. Moe

There is a recovery for the rich and Wall Street. Main Street not so much.

There will be no jobs for years because we have had a false economy for over 30 years plus. It was based on real estate, debt, mortgages and speculation. That is gone for the time being.

The only way for real recovery is for you all to be purged out of the system and a new breed of debtors to come in and take your place. Don't you feel the world is against you all and there is no hope? Well, that is part of the plan to knock you down so you shut up and stay quiet. Oh and so you don't vote.

Don't believe me? Well, there are about a billion Gen Yers texting, tweeting and watching American Idol right now that are the future sheep of the banks and they don't even get it. The baby boomer's and part of Gen Y is being wiped out.

I call you all the sacrificial lambs for recovery. Sold to Wall Street by our government in a hand bag.

The other alternative is population control and we all go back to being farmers and producers like we are supposed to be. The rich and Masters of the universe cannot make money on your souls like that though, so it ain gonna happen.

That is my Moe conspiracy theory.
  6. caldwell02

caldwell02 LoanSafe Member

Moe you don't pull any punches and I love it. I'm trying to get my twenty something kids to go see the Moore movie just for a little wake up. Actually, the older one - the one who was making so much he owned a $1500 watch three years ago (Egad, did I hit the roof over that one), now says he is committed to being credit card free in a few years. I LOVE it. The other one - the younger one living the college life in SoCal, doesn't get it.... yet.
  7. jet-a

jet-a LoanSafe Member

Moe,

I definitely agree with much of what you siad. So in your opinion what is the answer...how should we adapt to survive in the new financial future?
  8. Slim Shavings

Slim Shavings LoanSafe Member

GO Galt!!! thats why the system HAS to crash. Unless it effects people personally and hard we are doomed. And I don't like saying that nor do I want to go through what will happen if it does. But the people MUST wake up and take back the system. They must realize that now (with all the electronics, anything goes and such) more than ever we have to be involved in the system!! There is nothing Capitalist about it right now. SO i guess thats why i think its a poor choice for a movie name.
  9. Moe

The way to survive is to make money. Money is like food and water these days. Also to find ways to save money.

Most everyone that I see has a problem of lack of money or employment. It is not the mortgage is too high or they cant get a job. If they had enough money they wouldn't really worry about a high mortgage or job.

You have to concentrate on ways to make money in this "new economy". I believe it will be done primarily on the internet and many corporations will be self- imploded, thus opening small markets to millions of Americans to operate small business from their computers. Not selling I-pods or hand bags, but real goods.

So what jobs and industries will take us into the future?

Think of ways to help people during these rough times like I have done here on LoanSafe. Provide valu to society. Be some type of producer of real goods that our society needs and can use. Not to get rich, but to survive and make money.

Also, growing your own food and bartering will be huge.
  10. Moe

I too had afriends with $4,000 watch and he tried to sell it to me for $500. I said it no, was to gaudy :eek:

Maybe I can help wake up this 18-34 generation. The only jobs they'll get soon are joining the war. Yes, that is exactly what will happen next. Teens are at 25-35% unemployment and the army and marines are recruiting hard.:mad:
  11. jet-a

jet-a LoanSafe Member

Thanks...this is very helpful and gives me something else to consider.

What is your take on real estate, do you think the idea of investment property is now old news? I just wonder if it is still a viable way to make money for the future.

Thanks again!
  12. qikvixen

qikvixen LoanSafe Member

THIS is probably the best part of that Robert Reich article. It is also what I would say in answer to anyone who is more concerned about the debt than job creation. If we don't get the jobs back, we'll never pay the debt down anyway.

Something else we need is to bring the manufacturing back. America needs to make things again.

Just my two cents
  13. Moe

My take on real estate is that like with any volatile investment, you DO NOT BUY on the downward curve and wait for the u shape recovery which I feel we are 2-4 years away from now. Yes, the market will hit bottom in 3 plus years and if you buy now, you will lose money.

That does not mean you cannot have a positive cash flow on rentals, but it is not wise to buy any real estate for a few years if you want to make money.
  14. Moe

True, but there has not bee one thing really done by Obama to contribute towards this job creation. Is it by design or neglect? One has to wonder?
  15. johngor

johngor LoanSafe Member

Yes I do belive that the 10.2 % is off way off! If the would highlight the average weekly paycheck now vs 2008,2007,2006,2005. There would be a huge shocker. Wife lost her job in Oct. 2008 had to take a 25%paycut for her new job that started in Feb 2009. Yes that time sucked but my job then what I though was secured. Boom got dropped on us in March our division is shutting down therefore all of you jobs are done! On top of this we have a home where we owe 155k vs 100k what it is worth. oh and I almost forgot we are paying now 9.5% "yes we are in the process of a modification" This is going at snails pace though

Thank you Wall Street
  16. Garry

Garry LoanSafe Member

Our Gov sold our jobs to China a long time ago. Thank the real cause, the Gov that sold us out.
  17. Garry

Garry LoanSafe Member

To build a "Perfect World" we made to much money for a global economy that would work. They had to bring us down and raise other countries. That's exactly what they did, welcome to the real "New World". Our Government F*cked us and knew exactly what they where doing. Now it's time to re-balance our country, isn't that nice of them? We got F*cked royal and most don't even know it to this day. Free trade was a cruel joke right from the begining that was played on us. That is the Government I have grown to know and love. Now they will balance it out, the joke is over.
  18. Garry

Garry LoanSafe Member