Home Loans and Support

Tax cuts are for the rich, tax hikes are for everyone else.

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by luvmyhorse, Sep 24, 2010.

1. luvmyhorse

luvmyhorse LoanSafe Member

Its about time the 99% in this country start voting for themselves instead of voting for the 1%. I am sick of hearing the 99% cry about tax hikes and vote for the Republicans.

DUMMIES, you won't get affected if you make under 250,000.

You will barely get affected if you make between 250 and 1 million. IF YOU MAKE OVER A MILLION A YEAR YOU CAN AFFORD A 3.6% TAX INCREASE.
    YOU FREAKIN CHEAPSKATE!

AND THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION NEEDS TO START REALLY SPENDING SOME CASH, AND GIVE IT TO THE PEOPLE NOT THE DAMN BANKS WHO SUPPORT YOUR ADMINISTRATION OR WE WON'T VOTE FOR YOU EITHER...

Then again, I suppose I don't need to be saying this in this forum, sorry.

Bill Maher: New Rule: Rich People Who Complain About Being Vilified Should Be Vilified
  2. fredk

fredk LoanSafe Member

where will this money come from ?

the rich of course

a typical middle class family... $60,000 incom, owns a home. has 2 or 3 kids... pays $0 in federal taxes

if we keep spending like a drunken sailor the middle class will really start screaming when they have to start paying their share as they did not too long ago
  3. jakelabry

jakelabry LoanSafe Member

Interesting point, fredk. Currently 48% of households in US pay NO tax. The well will eventually run dry.
  4. davephx

davephx LoanSafe Member

Banks got their money under TARP under Bush, not Obama. Under Obama they have paid it back with huge profits to the Treasury.

The top bracket for old 39.6% starts at $373,651, income above that only would go back to 39.6%.

Not sure what spending like a drucken sailer your referring to. The $700 stimulus that saved an estimated 3-4 million jobs? Your listenign to the R's lies, deceptions and spin all to be sure the most wealthy and big corporations make more profits. Indvidually the most wealthy enjoy some of the lowest income tax rates in the world and of course in the U.S. When we had a 70% top rate we had a great economy most of the time.
  5. luvmyhorse

Its really really sad. The poor voting to make the rich richer.

As George Carlin said the American Dream can be sold to us because WE ARE ASLEEP.

Do people realize that when they vote for tax cutes they are voting for tax cuts for the SUPER DUPER RICH? The rich spend billions of dollars of the money that they saved by not paying taxes to "trick" the poor people into voting for tax cuts via FOX news and other advertising.

Do people understand that back in the earliy 20th century the rich paid 90% of their money in taxes? And they were STILL RICH. Over the years they figured out that they could ADVERTISE to trick the poor to vote in favor of the rich. And anyone on this forum who didn't even open that link and read it, is perpertrating the same nonsense. At least read, and do some research. Don't base your vote this November on What you watch on TV OR SEE IN ADS. THOSE ADS ARE VERY SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THE DUMMIES WHO DON'T READ.
  6. jakelabry

jakelabry LoanSafe Member

3-4 million jobs - does that include the 9 that were created/saved in Los Angeles?
  7. fredk

fredk LoanSafe Member

take a look at the deficit dave, and the growth of govt in the last 40 years

republicans were just as bad if not worse in this

by the way, that 700 million was supposed to keep ue at .. what was it .. 8% ? so maybe that 2-3 million jobs saved isnt exactly accurate either
  8. fredk

fredk LoanSafe Member

and maybe you should find some balanced sources to get your information from, maher is far from center of the road

ps, calling someeone who disagrees with you a dummy is childish, as is yelling to try and shout down your challenger
  9. luvmyhorse

Did I hurt your feelings Freddie? So sorry, feel free to have your own opinion of yourself.
  10. fredk

fredk LoanSafe Member

did i say you hurt my feelings ?

i'll answer for you ... no

just thought i'd help you answer that so you didnt have to search the internet for an answer

people are allowed to have a different opinion than yours

some people in this country believe its time for the govt to start cutting govt spending, raising taxes on anyone just encourages more spending

but then again we're all dummies so what do we know
  11. davephx

davephx LoanSafe Member

Lets see the world is flocking to buy our debt - almost every option oversubscribed by about 300% even at historical low rates.

Yes the debt is a long-term issue needing to be addressed but the best way to reduce the debt is by strong economy as under Clinton with higher taxes.

The R's reject all the jobs bills directed at JOBS. All the R's want is the wealthy to have their tax cut so they can have about 5% more of their million dollar salaries or profits.

The $700 billion saved and created 3-4 million jobs - most every impartial economist agrees. Here in AZ with a terrible budge problem media reported how teachers, fire etc jobs were saved by the Federal Funds.

The $700 billion was too tiny and at the time didn't realize how big of a hole we were in. Would have been far far worse if let the automakers go bankrupt (millions of jobs including suppliers etc tied to auto industry).

IF AIG failed it would have been far worse then Lehman which letting fail almost led to a worldwide econ collapse with even commercial paper not trading without the intervention by the FED (with TARP eventually) and the world central banks. Depression would have been almost assured it the Fed etc didn't act. You have no clue how deep the crisis would have been with no commercial paper or anything trading as it was that fateful night when as Paulson wrote he called his wife and said "something terrible is about to happen, and I don't know what to do - pray for me"

Then the Fed and central banks acted. In hindsight the changing of TARP to a bailout from buying toxic assets may have been a mistake but it was a no win situation and something HAD to be done - regardless of the R's do nothing approach. This was under BUSH who I almost never agreed with but HE pushed for TARP against most Rs and in fact was first defeated by his own party.

Anyone who claims the stimulus didn't create jobs is simply ignorant and ignores facts for their political gain like the R's do.

I come from a CPA background with the old "Big 8" CPA firms from 30 years ago and can analyze economic truth vs the Republican fictional spin which is getting very upsetting and the hurrang about the deficit when they want to increase it by giving tax cuts to the most wealthy 2% who need it the least and it has absolutely nothing to do about jobs. That is the big lie, it is about being sure the millionaires and billionaires get more of the transfer of wealth we have seen to the upper class over the last 20 years.

I consider myself an independent and do agree at times more with the R's on some issues.

But this false spinning and lies for political gain is just out of control by the R's. The sad part is many voters are not educated enough to realize it and fall for the lies.
  12. luvmyhorse

Thank you Dave for saying what I was saying, but a lot better and backed up by real facts. Can you please say something about Sarah Palin and the "tea party?" Why does ANYONE love and respect that amazingly silly woman of no substance? I honestly think that American's have been so brainwashed by movies and TV that they think that a good outfit and a nice pair of glasses makes someone intelligent. Do they listen to what the person says anymore at all?
  13. goldie

goldie LoanSafe Member

I don't respect or love that tea-bagging twit. Of course, I don't love or respect many of our politicians - they are all a bunch of corporotists - both sides - and neither bode well for the middle class. The average IQ in America is 98. These sheeple love to be fleeced and lied to and they don't have the ability to think for themselves - so you can't really blame them for loving someone like Palin (their next savior!)
  14. davephx

davephx LoanSafe Member

Heaven help is if Palin types get any power.

They have no real plan just smaller govt and tax cuts but no specifics how - just like the R's return same old failed policies but get the wealthiest their tax cut regardless of the deficit.

The t-baggers get ignorant on economics folks all riled up. Neither they nor R's have any plan just talking but many voters don't know the issues so blindly follow this sillyness. The R's are now just as bad as the Ts with all their political false attacks.

R's keep talking about helping small business and jobs - exactly what the Obama proposal does in a targeted way to address issues not just tax cuts for all the most wealthy. R's blocked it for a long time until last week when one R voted for it so it could finally pass the Senate.