Home Loans and Support

Someone taking pictures of our house

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by alisoncg, Jul 12, 2009.

1. alisoncg

alisoncg LoanSafe Member

I know I read on here somewhere what this could possibly mean but I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know why someone would take a couple of pictures from inside their car? They just slowed down and snapped, never even got out!
  2. davadad

davadad LoanSafe Member

They are probably taking pictures because they are doing a BPO...which is a "broker's pricing opinion" for the investor who is modifying your loan. This is a good thing that means everything is moving along..

Good Luck
  3. M Van Meter

M Van Meter LoanSafe Member

That is correct. We were told (by GMAC) that the next step was to determine the fair market value of our home, and that someone might come by and take pics of the house.

Nor need for alarm, this is just part of the BPO process, as the poster above said.
  4. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

I agree with all of you. This is common and eerie.
  5. minknmelissa

minknmelissa LoanSafe Member

Yah its a drive by appraisal basically.