Home Loans and Support

Should we respond to Lis Pendens (Florida)

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by hickorybro, Nov 17, 2010.

1. hickorybro

hickorybro LoanSafe Member

So we just got served today of our impending judgment (Lis Pendends). We have 20 days to respond but we don't want to get Lawyers involved too - I mean the banks are evil enough, do we really want to throw sharks in the water too?

So my question is, should we just not respond and let the process begin? We don't have any good reasons that we should be able to keep the house (such as waiting on loan mods, etc). We simply stopped paying the mortage (5 months ago) because we're over a $100k under water and tried to sell the house for 2 years.

Does anyone think getting a real estate attorney involved just to delay the process would be worth the extra costs so we can stay in the house longer. My thinking is that even if we don't, we're probably still good to be in the house another 6 months or longer because of the backlog in the courts of Florida.

Has anyone here gone through a foreclosure in Florida in the past year?
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Well if you are going to walk away from your property anyway, I do not see any reason why you need to respond to this. Personally I would not recommend hiring an attorney to delay the foreclosure if you are planning on walking away. We do have many members here that have one though the foreclosure process in Florida, and I'm sure some of them will be chiming in here soon..