Home Loans and Support

Question about Modification- I have Citimortgage

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by Mommy2BrookeandKharis, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Mommy2BrookeandKharis

Mommy2BrookeandKharis LoanSafe Member

I have a few question. I am new here so please bare with me if my questions seem stupid. I was just assigned a counselor 4 days after I submitted all my supporting documents with my application.
    1. Do they run your credit for the mod? My credit has gone down since I havent been able to pay credit cards.(my brother moved out because he lost his job)
    2. The lady taking my application told me not to include my husbands income or debt because he is disbaled and the income he recevies is non taxable, from his employer. The problem is, he gets direct deposit into our account so I am wondering will they see that and question where its coming from, and then will I need to give them his info?
    3. Can they do 2% and 40 years? or is it one or the other
    4. If they give you trial payments, can you elect to keep paying your currrent payment until you are approved? My dilema is I dont want to get denied and then they tell me I owe globs of money. I'd rather struggle and pay the current note until I know for sure if I am approved.

Thanks so much!!
  2. Againsttheodds

Againsttheodds LoanSafe Member

1. Yes your credit is run. Your score shouldn't matter. They only wants to see if what you stated on your documents matches your credit file (credit card, car loan, etc..)

2. If it's direct deposit into your account, yes you will need to include his income. If they looked at your statement, they will asked you for it. Then you can explain the reasons why.

3. I haven't seen anyone got 2% and extend their loans to 40 years. We've seend 2% for the five years, then it raise 1% every year until it reach 5% and ususally that's the life of the loan. Now, they will extend your loan to 40 years if that means making you qualified for HAMP

4. You will have to pay the trial payments (modified payments) not a penny less or more. Keep paying until you are approved and it's recorded. But your credit files will be updated (meaning your score will go down).

Now, if you are current prepare for a long wait because they tend to service folks who are behind first...

Good Luck
  3. Mommy2BrookeandKharis

Mommy2BrookeandKharis LoanSafe Member

So should I have included credit card payment if I'm not paying on them?