Home Loans and Support

Please Help!

Discussion in 'CitiMortgage' started by Steve Fain, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Steve Fain

Steve Fain LoanSafe Member

My wife and I applied for a mod with citi in Jan. of this year. WE just like everyone else kept getting the run around. At one point the one rep we worked with just suddenly disappeared. At the time we applied my income was cut. Finally by March we did hear that we were denied Hamp but preapproved for a tradional loan modification

When we called back to get the details the girl we were working with was no longer there and we were assigned the rep. we have now. But of course she knew nothing about the pre-approval and needed us to submit more paper work. All the while telling us not to send in payment (should have never listened) so of course we are falling farther behind. As the months drag on same story, lost paper work so had to resubmit or its in the final approval stages and Ill call you next week. They also gave us the run around because my wife is a teacher in the state of North Carolina and they kept demanding a contract. I told them numerous times that she doesn't sign a yearly contract that she signed one after she received her tenure. Her school system sent in employee verification forms and her one and only contract she signed 15 years ago...but it never seemed like it was enough.

Finally now here it is Nov. and we are 20,000 behind in payments and fees and we get all the rejection letters for Harp and Hamp and were basically told by our rep. that we should have never entered this process in Jan. because our loan is owned by Freddie Mac and we were under a modification when we called to see if we could do another modification but by reading on these boards and becoming better educated what we really needed was a repayment plan.....

WE have no 401k, nothing to sell, we also do not qualify for the NC Mortgage foreclosure prevention fund to help us repay our back payments because I was never laid off and did not receive unemployment benefits. WE feel like we have been led on and to our own stupidity we did not but back money into savings instead we did pay off some medical bills that has now given us more room to pay our mortgage.

We can handle a higher payment now but we just can't come up with the 20,000 to repay.... Our rep said with Freddie Mac they only give you 8 months to repay your back payments and fees...

I now have a part time job too supplement our income. We want to get caught up but feel like we were not counseled correctly by our rep.'s at city and now it feels like we have no options left. By looking on this board and educating ourselves, just last night I contacted someone with the Executive team at citi...She seemed to really want to help and I am faxing my hardship letter to her today.

We can't go on this way, the stress is killing us and the waiting!!!!

So Thankful for this board and giving us a glimmer of hope.
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining..........

I am so sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with Citi and your modification. With a Freddie Mac backed loan there are options available for repayment and also cap modifications that can capitalize the past due back into the loan and bring it current allowing you to continue making payments.

Avoiding Foreclosure Resource Center - Freddie Mac

You may also want to see if there is a Freddie Mac help center near you to get help one on one, here;

Who to Contact for Help - Freddie Mac

Alternatives to Foreclosure - Freddie Mac

You can also reach out to Citi's executive team to see if they can help as well here;

CitiMortgage Executive Response Team
    (1-636-261-7200)
  3. Steve Fain

Thanks Cat for your response

I called and spoke with Someone from the Exec. Response Team just to make sure they had received my hardship letter yesterday and they said they had and that someone from their team will be in contact within 24-48 hours. Meanwhile our citi rep emailed me yesterday and wanted to know what we were going to do about the 20,000 down payment... What should I tell her? Do I say we are working with the Response team or does she know that and that's why she contacted us? Or do we just deal with them now...NO one from the response team has been assigned to us yet but will be hopefully they said by tomorrow. Just anxious and know that each day we delay it is more money we owe!!!!
  4. Sid Farcus

Sid Farcus LoanSafe Member

Based on my dealings with CitiMortgage, they don't give a crap about your hardship. When trying to settle with CitiMortgage, they want a hardship letter, bank statements, check stubs, first born child and when it comes down to it the only thing they are interested in is the numbers.
  5. Steve Fain

I totally agree with you Sid, I've been a little hopeful but I am nervous that this is just more run around with our balance getting bigger almost to the point to where it seems like they want you to fail instead of working with you and we aren't "poor" enough to receive any help from these govt. programs either...we are the working poor basically!!!

If they would have really looked at our file when we first asked them to and not changed rep's and lost our info too many times to count and just told us then..We can't do this you owe 3,000 to get caught up...That is a lot easier to swallow than Sorry you owe 20,000 now and we can't help you because You never should have been allowed to do a mod to begin with...and not one person realized that until 11 months later!!!!!!
  6. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

You should be assigned to someone soon and that will be a contact you can work on with the modification. Please keep us posted on how it goes.