Home Loans and Support

please help how cani put a freeze hold on my credit..

Discussion in 'Bank of America Mortgage Help' started by LOLA28, Jul 1, 2010.

1. LOLA28

LOLA28 LoanSafe Member

While the proccess with BOA hasnt go anywhere can they put a freeze hold on my credit till they approved or denied my loan mod and how can i ask them thx

Lola28
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi Lola,

While going through the modification process they generally will put all foreclosure proceedings on hold until a decision is made. However, the credit reporting will continue during this time and I do not believe you will be able to stop this..
  3. chief115

chief115 LoanSafe Member

My negotiator put a hold on my credit while I am in the trial period of an in-house mod. It is in the trial paper work that I received. They will not report to the credit bureaus during my trial period unless I default on the agreement. Once my mod is complete, they will report as current as long as I follow the mod guidelines.

I did not have to ask for this. If you have a negotiator, I would certainly inquire to see if they would do this for you. I do believe that you have to be in a trial period in order for this to be done. It is my understanding that they do not do this while you are in the review process.
  4. GOSSIPSAIGON

GOSSIPSAIGON LoanSafe Member

they will do it even if you are in review...just ask nicely..