Home Loans and Support

Pay reduced to minimum wage!! Need advice

Discussion in 'Bank of America Mortgage Help' started by nspire, Jul 9, 2010.

1. nspire

nspire LoanSafe Member

I work for the State of California and good ole Arnold decided to pay all state workers minimum wage, aint that a b****!!! I don't know what to do. I've been trying to get a mod since 3/09 and am working with NACA. B of A finally put me on trial payments and I've made the trial payments for the past three months, but at minimum wage I wont be able to afford the trial payment.

What should I do? Please advise:confused:
  2. SurfwhenUcan

SurfwhenUcan LoanSafe Member

You need to clearly detail what events have transpired in a letter ("Change in income") and submit updated financials. I don't usually say this since I have little or no use for NACA and they seem more skilled at screwing up files than anything else, but since they've gotten you this far, might as well see what they can do.
    But you need to realize that unless you can get this file out of trial and back under review with the new income, you may have to start over. Hopefully further loss of income hasn't dropped you out of qualification altogether. You might also look ffor a phone number on this site to escalate this file to the Executive office.
  3. yomann

yomann LoanSafe Member

The State of CA. budget issues are well understood by the banks.
    I would ask the OOP for an "x" month forbearance plan where you make no payments, until which time the State passes a budget and restores your pay.
  4. Whittier

Whittier LoanSafe Member

nspire he's been trying for years but the main hancho, te Controller John Chiang refuses, I think they've been going at it for 2-3 yrs. It won't happen soon......keep the faith.

Minimum Wage For California State Employees? Schwarzenegger Calls For Cuts

http://www.calcsea.org/
  5. Whittier

Whittier LoanSafe Member

nspire have they asked you for updated financials? If not just wait it out.

Can you borrow from anyone, eventually you will get the funds?
    If ever it won't take long as the budgets will be submitted timely.......but the State Comptroller states the PR system isn't design for such change now.
  6. dixie

dixie LoanSafe Member

Get any other account you may have with BoA out of there in case things go south. They will take every last dime-- right of offset-- to save their butts. Guess the billions we gave them was not enough.:mad:
  7. goldie

goldie LoanSafe Member

I heard that Golden One and another credit union (can't remember the name) is giving interest free "loans" to offset the minimum wage IF you are a member of either credit union. Is that an option? I don't think you need to qualify either, other than having had direct deposit with them.
  8. nspire

nspire LoanSafe Member

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I'm not with a credit union, and all my family members are in the same boat as I, so borrowing money is out.

I have an appointment with a NACA negotiator next Saturday, so I hope they can help. The last time I spoke with them they said they would escalate my file to underwriting for a permanent solution, but who knows:confused: this whole process has been a pain in my backside.

I've never thought of a forbearance, maybe I'll give it a try. I'll keep you all updated.