Home Loans and Support

Patience of Job is wearing thin

Discussion in 'Making Home Affordable' started by inthatplace, Oct 13, 2010.

?

After 17 months of Trial Payments should I:

1. Start Packing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Trust BofA Letter saying final docs are on the way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. keep paying trial payments (which are still lower than rent)

100.0%
  4. Stop paying and wait for them to force me out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. inthatplace

inthatplace LoanSafe Member

I have made 17 trial payments, going back to 6/24/09. My trial payments started out at $1,023.00 a month, then were lowered to $874.82 a month in February. Trouble is, I believe they "reset" my trial payments at that time, and started the trial payment clock over at that time. So, they basically wiped out 10 months worth of "trial payments" and used the for what I believe they labeled in the end as forebearance payments. So, in February 2010, the new trial payment of $874.82 started, then I received on April 1, 2010 a letter dated March 30th, 2010, on a BofA letterhead, that reads "thank you for meeting the terms of your Home Affordable Modification Trial Period by providing your financial information and making your trial payments", and "be on the lookout for a package in the mail and return the agreement to us (BofA) by the requested date so we can finalize your loan modification". Well, needless to say, I've been on the lookout for nearly 7 months, will no change in status at all. All I continue to get is that it is still in "active review", even after escalating to the OOP on 9/1/2010. The word escalate has no meaning to me, or BofA, because all it does is go back to the same office where the file has been for who knows how long. (the 888-325-6435 number). This morning I finally sent an email directly to Barbara Desoer, (I hope she really gets it) we'll see if it does any good. I've slowly started the packing process, despite my receiving the letter back in April that final docs were on the way. I keep saying I've gone this far, might as well go a little further, but I've been saying that for a year and a half now, and my wife is BEYOND sick of it.