Home Loans and Support

Ocwen is killing me! What to do?

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by clipper, Jul 4, 2008.

1. clipper

clipper LoanSafe Member

We were trying to do a short sale. After going through a month long process and having a contract in hand, right before approval, we were told Ocwen was "no longer doing short sales". My real estate agent suggested I call them again, so I did. They said they wouldn't do a short sale but would do a loan modification with me. We signed the paperwork and sent in the funds that they requested. We were told that it would take 3 months and then it would be in place and we could do what we wanted to with the house. We found another buyer. We put a 60 day closing to play it safe. We and the title company requested the payoff letter...but never received it. After 3 weeks of that, we were told it had to 'go through a billing cycle' and then a payoff letter for the modified loan could be produced. We waited. Started requesting the payoff letter again...weeks later it finally comes and lo and behold...it's the original loan figures again. They again told us we have to wait another billing cycle.

At this point, while we've managed to get an extension on the contract, the buyer will have every right to sue us for damages if we don't close. We're in Florida, he's moved his family from New Jersey, has expenses that he would not have incurred and sold his home there. He also will have an additional expense to relock his rate. All of this falls on us as we are the ones that would be in default.

Last week, while checking on the payoff letter, we were called by someone at the bank who told us we needed to send in $8000. We explained about the modification and needing the payoff letter, what were they talking about. We then got another call from a person who said she's handling the mofication but she doesn't have the paperwork. My real estate agent faxed and emailed it to her with a request for her to explain what is going on and when would we have the payoff letter. She got no reply. The title company can't get an answer either.

My relatives had been paying for my mortgage and can no longer do so. I am beside myself, feel I've gotten even deeper in debt and now am possibly liable for costs incurred by a qualified buyer who may very well walk and I'll be stuck even further!

What can/should I be doing? I found the email addresses posted here for Ocwen and my real estate agent has sent off an email to all of them. Is there something else I can do? I just need to get out from under and have been doing exactly what they told me to do...step by step.

Help!
  2. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi clipper,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.............

You might also want to contact the consumer ombudsman for Ocwen.....

The Consumer Ombudsman is not involved in the servicing of your loan. The Ombudsman is, however, knowledgeable about loan servicing and the related laws, regulations and industry practices. As your advocate, the Ombudsman will review your concerns and Ocwen's response. The Ombudsman will question Ocwen's servicing department on any areas of the servicing of your loan that do not appear fair, reasonable and proper. As appropriate, the Ombudsman will make recommendations to Ocwen's Senior Management as to how your complaint should be resolved. The Ombudsman will communicate the findings and Ocwen's resolution of the matter directly to you.

The Consumer Ombudsman will not respond to first-time issues. If you have had no previous contact with Ocwen concerning your issue, please contact our Customer Relations Department for assistance at
    (800) 746-2936

You may contact the Ocwen Consumer Ombudsman a variety of ways as provided below:

By phone at (800) 390-4656
    By fax at (866) 771-5152
  3. clipper

clipper LoanSafe Member

Thank you so much! I'm on it Monday. I so need to get this resolved asap!

I'll be sure to come back and let you know how this all works out.
  4. clipper

clipper LoanSafe Member

Ok, I called customer service...very nice, gentleman was trying to help me. Then came back and was told I can only speak with A***** W*** (I don't want to put her name here and was transferred to her phone, which of course went into voice mail as usual and I left a voice mail. She is the same person who called and said we needed to pay $8000, then denied saying such a thing and is the same person who requested the modification paperwork be faxed over, which was faxed and emailed to her. This whole thing has been going with the modification for over two months.

I called the other phone number from the Ombudman and got a recording stating they would send me a text message about the number and then I received the text message stating it was a service to locate numbers and I would have to join, pay $15.00 and then $20 per month or something to that affect.

Anything else you can think of that I can be doing or who to call or an updated number to the ombudsman?
  5. Moe

The only other contact number I have for Ocwen is the Loan Resolution Dept.............it is very hard to get to their Loss Mitigation because they prescreen you in their Collections Dept. first...........but this is a different dept. then that............
    I hope you can get some help.........

Loan Resolution Dept.
    1-877-596-8580
  6. daso64

daso64 LoanSafe Member

The ombudsman number is good. I called it and they requested that I fax or mail a written statement to the dept. This sounds like a totally different dept than I've dealt with over the past six months.

I did finally break free from the collections dept and into the loss migration dept, but they have the same sort of screening system to the underwriter. You just have to keep calling and pounding awasy at them....I hope I can divert the foreclosure now and get a reasonable modification.

Here's my story:

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/tell-us-your-story/3586-need-help.html#post25149

Thanks for the good numbers
  7. clipper

clipper LoanSafe Member

An update:
    After mass emailing to the list provided here on the forum I had one of the nicest women call me and she followed the paperwork from each department to make sure it was done. The title company now has the correct payoff letter. Took her 3 hours to get it through their 'system' and voila. We can close on Thursday.
    I can't thank this forum enough for posting the information you did. Without it I would still be waiting and under threat of lawsuit by the buyer.

I will be free!! There is a God!
    Keep up the good work and put me on the list of your success stories.
  8. daso64

daso64 LoanSafe Member

congrats!!
  9. clipper

clipper LoanSafe Member

Believe me, it would not have happened like this without the information I got through this forum. While I didn't 'save' my home to live in, I was able to modify and sell it to someone else that loves it and can afford it. I am leaving with a little money, certainly not anywhere what I had into it, but a little something to keep me going where I am now.
    I really can't thank the forum enough. It was those email addresses. It worked.
  10. RudyJay

RudyJay LoanSafe Member

Good job Clipper.. you deserve it... good luck...rj
  11. schwefls

schwefls New Member Guide & Litton Success

Great work there clipper, so happy for you, kudos :)
  12. Moe

clipper,

That is great news.............so happy we were able to help you...:)

Please update your thread Thursday when you close.......:)