Home Loans and Support

Notice on door

Discussion in 'Bank of America Mortgage Help' started by Julzy, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Julzy

Julzy LoanSafe Member

I have been undergoing a loan modification with B of A since March (sent in notarized loan docs beginning of March), but my loan hasn't gone to closing yet. I have been in contact with OOP to find out why there is a delay in closing, and no one can give me an answer. I just get passed around from person to person every time I call to inquire. Then yesterday, I get an "Urgent Notice" left hanging on my door to contact B of A. Why are they coming by my house if I'm doing a loan modification? I'm totally confused and scared at the same time. I have been making my (modified) payments all during this time and never have missed a payment. If anyone can offer some insight/advice, I'd truly appreciate it.
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

I was reading on another thread that you posted that you had an FHA loan, is this the FHA loan?
  3. Julzy

Julzy LoanSafe Member

Yes, it's an FHA loan.
  4. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Here are some steps you can take to get help for an FHA loan;

1) Call the FHA National Servicing Center (“NSC”) at 877-622-8525 to file a complaint:
    They are responsible for assisting FHA borrowers who have had difficulty working with their lender. You will need to provide the NSC with your FHA case number. Get your case number from your lender, or your FHA case number can be found in the top left corner of your HUD 1 settlement statement received at closing.

2) Contact FHA Commissioner Carol Galante:
    Carol.J.Galante@hud.gov
    Direct: 1-202-708-2495.

3) Call the FHA Outreach Center:
    1-800-CALL FHA (800-225-5342)

5. SeamusInOC

SeamusInOC LoanSafe Member

I'm in the same situation. I just started my modification. I got the yellow notices twice in the last 30 days. My BofA rep said they are trying to get the notices "suppressed"

To me, it appears this is a case of the vendor for BofA is not getting the correct information from BofA and is just "Carpet bombing" the area with as many notices as they can to get paid more $$$. I'm sure they get paid per notice.

I simply took a picture of the notice and emailed it to the OOP and my BofA contacts. I have an agreement with BofA for a modification and I am making my payments. I just document what they are doing in case i need the information at a later date.
  6. Julzy

Julzy LoanSafe Member

Thanks so much for this invaluable information. I have went ahead and emailed Carol Galante and took a picture of the notice that B of A placed on my door (intimidation factor?). Anyway, I feel that I have held up to my end of the bargain with B of A, never having missed a payment (modified). I don't know why I'm having to go through this mess....it's been nearly two years in the process and I just want it to be over and done with.

7. Julzy

Julzy LoanSafe Member

Thanks for easing my mind...it's a bit disconcerting to get these notices - especially when you've done all you can and are complying with the terms of the B of A loan modification.

8. SeamusInOC

SeamusInOC LoanSafe Member

Yep. Both of the times I got them my kids found them on the door. Quite upsetting. The last one was on Thanksgiving Day!!

I used this yellow slip to my advantage. My rep and her supervisor are both ladies. I explained to them how it took me quite a while to calm down my daughters who found this and thought it was a foreclosure notice. I asked them how they would feel if they were in my situation? Appealing to their motherly instinct. Did it work?

At the time, i was still waiting months for them to fix the HAMP offer that BofA botched.

After my motherly instinct appeal I was put in contact with a VP 24 hrs later and had my HAMP offer 15 days later. The VP called me back every day with an update and still does with any questions.

Sorry to hear your getting these notices too. I would just ask them to email you confirmation to ignore the notices. Thats what i did and I have a paper trail.
  9. Julzy

Julzy LoanSafe Member

That's a great idea. Next time I talk to my rep...Rachel is her name, I'll tell her my daughter was quite upset. Thanks for the tip! I don't know why they came out, other than what they told me when I called "they have to come out and make sure the property is still occupied." Duh - why wouldn't it be? I'm making payments and trying to keep my house.