Home Loans and Support

Need Informaation on Loan Modifications and Bankrupcy

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by MiseryonMcgrath, Feb 23, 2012.

1. MiseryonMcgrath

MiseryonMcgrath LoanSafe Member

Quick run down. My husband and I own a home in the New York state area. Back in June of 2008 I filed for Bankruptcy, Chapter 7. Not My Husband. My debts were discharged in Sept of 2008. A Reaffirmation for my vehecile was sent to me and approved. No Reaffirmation was sent for either one of my mortages. Now here we are at present day. We are behind in our mortgage and have been going back and forth with the mortgage company for 6 months now trying to get a modification. Now after all this time we are being told that I need a reaffirmation of the mortgage. I contacted my Bankruptcy lawyer and was informed that the Judge nor Attorney was obligated by law to reaffirm the loan nor would they. My question is will we still be able to qualify for a modification? The mortgage company that we are dealing with now is not the same mortgage company that it was when I originally filed for Bankruptcy in '08. It feels as if these are stall tactics that they are using to deter us from pursuing this modification, otherwise I can't understand why they wouldn't have asked for this in the very beginning! Should we now seek the advice or representation of a Lawyer? Any insight into this would be GREATLY appreciated....