Home Loans and Support

NACA - Has it helped in Saving your HOME...

Discussion in 'Countrywide Home Loans - Tell Us Your Countrywide ' started by Shanna 539, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Shanna 539

Shanna 539 LoanSafe Member

Hello :)

Re: NACA

Has anyone had success with "Loan Modification" with Naca???

Any information would be appreicated since I have gone to their website and I am a little confused about what is the requirement for assistance ??

Has anyone had to pay for Membership fees $50.00 a month and Volunteer at Rallys and demonstrations for the life of your loan....?

Thank you,
    Shanna <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->
  2. Irish Gal

Irish Gal LoanSafe Member

Hi Shanna,

Welcome. You might want to do a search of this site for NACA posts / threads. There are many here who have already been successful or are still going through NACA for a decent loan mod. NACA has a good track record of getting better deals for folks (if you qualify) than borrowers who try on their own directly with the lender (esp CW customers). You have to be patient as it could take a few mos to complete the process. As for your other questions, I am not sure. Maybe other folks have feedback for you. Good luck.
  3. Shanna 539

Hello Irish Gal,

Thank you, and yes I am new to this site and still learning my way around. Yes, I have noticed many people have complained about (CW) not assisting them or delaying the paperwork and foreclosing on their homes. I hope in the end many will be able to save their homes including myself.

Thank you,
    Shanna
  4. dasmom

dasmom LoanSafe Member

Shanna,

The NACA HomeSave process is free. The membership charges you see on NACA's website are for those who are going through NACA to purchase a house. HomeSave is a mortgage modification program.

You are required to participate in NACA activities, but they are activities of your choosing. You could volunteer to work in a local NACA office, help at registration tables for NACA seminars, etc. You don't have to attend rallies if you don't want to.

You should contact NACA directly to get more information.

dasmom
  5. Shanna 539

Hi Dasmom,

Thanks, just wanted to know about this because it has been hard to reach them at this time. Any and all information is appreciated.

Shanna
  6. UncleTono

UncleTono LoanSafe Member

Hi Shanna 539,

I just sumitted my proposal to cw thru naca after being turn down three times from cw, and hopefully this will be it. Everyone here is in the same boat, and if you read some of the entries, we all have similar stories to tell, especially about cw. The naca services are free, and there's a great deal of insight from the members here on naca. If you have any questions on mods, naca, cw, etc etc. There's alway someone here that has the information, and it's usually first hand experience on the subject.
    Good Luck
    Tono:D
  7. gray517

gray517 LoanSafe Member

Shanna 539

Naca does work, we are 1 of thier success stories! There Homesave services are free, they only ask that if you can volunteer to please do so.

Start by signing up with them you will need to get an ID nuumber (online) and printout the authorization which will need to be signed by all parties so that Naca can negotiate for you, then you do the 10 steps of submission by inputting your information, at the end of this once you are done with all 10 steps you can schedule a phone counseling approintment (make sure you are on phone appointments and not in the face to face appoitnments area) You should schedule more than 1 appointment if possible, due to the overwelming amount of people needing help there have been missed or late appointments. Then you can printout a fax cover sheet with your ID on it and fax your signed authorizaton and required docs to Naca before your phone appointment so they have all or most of your info ahead of time (makes process go faster and smoother) You will need to send them paystubs (30 days) for all income, current mortgage statement, current homeowners dec page showing coverage and premium amount and current tax bill showing your property tax amount. At your phone counsleing session and they will go over your income and expenses and come up with an affordability budget and affordable payment to submit to countrywide.

Good Luck! :)
  8. jmo1976

jmo1976 LoanSafe Member

I am very pleased with NACA thus far. They submited to CW on 2-27-09, still waiting for an approval. I will volunteer and help regardless if CW accepts my loan restructure proposal or not. I am attending my 1st workshop next weekend even though I'm way past this process. I've told many other people and will continue to spread the word!:):):)
  9. Shanna 539

Hello UncleTono,

Thanks, and sorry to hear that (CW) has not assisted you. I am glad that NACA will be able to assist you and I wish you all the best in being able to modify your loan.

Best of Luck,
    Shanna
  10. Shanna 539

Hello Gray 517,

Congratulations on saving your home! That is wonderful news and an inspiration to everyone else who is working with NACA and awaiting a response.

I hope many more families will have good news to share with us here at this forum.

Shanna