Home Loans and Support

My Foreclosure auction was cancelled.... but why?

Discussion in 'Countrywide Home Loans - Tell Us Your Countrywide ' started by MommyMimi, Nov 15, 2009.

1. MommyMimi

MommyMimi LoanSafe Member

The "auction" on my home was scheduled for (11/13/09) through Recontrust.
    My Mortgage company is Bank of America. I went on Recontrust website to see the details of the auction, my home was not on their list. I went to the courthouse & the letter was posted on the board from recontruct. (my name was highlighted on the notice). I called recontrust & they said the sale on the home was cancelled? They said BOA called them to stop the foreclosure? I then called Bank of America & they said no… someone at Recontrust stopped the sale because of "title issues"? Now, when we bought the house (husband & I ) we were not married. The home was titled in both our names (my maiden name)... However, the mortgage was only in his name. So could that be the "title issue"? Two differ names on the deed & one on the mortgage. Does this give me more time? My Lawyer said they would have to start the process over. Thanks for any help! I live in MS
  2. caldwell02

caldwell02 LoanSafe Member

I'm not thinking that is the issue. Alot of people have their sons or daughters on title but not on the mortgage; if this were a dealbreaker to foreclose, they wouldn't let people do it. There must be something else, but clearly you have more time. I'd definitely keep calling on this till they give you specifics. Maybe they can't find the note!!!!!!!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. Peter123

Peter123 LoanSafe Member

Yes i think that is the issue, get a Lawyer. You have a strong case, move quickly.

(Not a Lawyer).
  4. Garry

Garry LoanSafe Member

5. Garry

Garry LoanSafe Member