Home Loans and Support

Mod denied WELLS FARGO

Discussion in 'Wells Fargo Home Mortgage' started by cobian, Aug 1, 2012.

1. cobian

cobian LoanSafe Member

Loosing hope!!!

I started my modification in 04-2012 with WELLS FARGO. I received a letter on 06-25-12 that stated, I no longer wanted to continue with modification. I called my HPS, no answer left message. The next day I received another letter which, that I was denied no reason specified on letter received. However I called my HPS and I asked her about both letter. She stated the the first one was a mistake but, I was denied do to surplus income. One of the paystubs I submitted to them had more income because, I had worked 3 hrs over time and they based my gross income with that one. Also on my hardship letter I stated that, since the father of my children had moved out of the house, my family had been helping me out. I was never asked how much I was been helping with. She stated that I could request a review which, I immediatly did. I faxed over current paystubs and another hardship letter. I waited couple of days, and called to inquire if my fax was received. I spoke with customer srvs rep. she informed me that my fax was received, and that she would send an email to my HPS to review my documents. She stated that I would get a call if anything else was needed from me. I called several times after that to speak with HPS, left her many messages. Never received call back. I called again did not leave a message for my HPS, instead I spoke wtih customer srvs rep. She asked me if I had requested to cancel my request, I could not believe was she was asking me. I replied to her that I had never requested to cancel anything. She stated that it must be a misunderstanding. She also informed that a mod takes 6 steps and I was on the 2nd step. I explained to her that I have never been able to speak with my HPS, that I had left her about 10 messages and never received a call back. She said she would email the supervisor about my complaint. Well, that did not work still no call. I called again yesterday 07-31-12, of course voice mail. did not leave her a message. I spoke with CSR and asked to speak with my HPS supervisor. Finally was able to speak with CSR supervisor, I told her my story. OMG unbelievable, she asked If I had requested to cancel my request because, this is the reason my case was on hold. She transfered me to a HPS, Hillary very nice. She told me what docs I needed to fax, She gave me my HPS direct number. She said my case should be process quickly, since it was put aside due to misunderstanding. She also asked me to call my HPS tomorrow to inquire about my fax. I called this morning Wednesday 08-01-12 to her direct number and guess what not answer. I spoke another HPS who infomed my that my fax was received and, she would email my HPS to left her know my docs where received. And should get my case ready for review by under writing dept. I should hear from them in about 10 days. I dont know what or who to believe anymore. I also sent a email to Jennifer Boothe from the OOP on 07-26-12, have not heard from her either.
  2. Ms.shan

Ms.shan LoanSafe Member

Just curious, who is your hps?
  3. cobian

cobian LoanSafe Member

My HPS is Jessica Friday
  4. cobian

cobian LoanSafe Member

Hello, can any one help me. My mod was denied. Received letter that states that my mod was denied because, I have been able to maintain my payments. Since Im currently working with HPS, on determining if workout options are available for me, my financial inf. has been sent to that department for their review. The other letter states "we received the docs you sent and we are moving forward with your request for mortgage assistance. I dont understand whats going on, Was I denied or not???? I stopped making payments 06-2012, Im not longer receiving help from my mother. 1st letter dated 08-06 and other dated 08-07.
  5. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Hi cobian,

Unfortunately the letters are auto generated and come from different sources, if you want to find out exactly what is happening with the modification process you can try contacting the executive team here;

1-800-853-8516
  6. savingrace

savingrace LoanSafe Member

I am having a very similar situation with Wells Fargo with no return phone calls and then a denial letter. I also was denied based on my "having the ability to pay my current mortgage using cash reserves or other assets" If I do I would sure like to find those!! I have requested details on the denial of my modification and have had no phone calls back from my HPS. Remember to document when you call, who you speak to, what their response is..I have faxed but will also send the request to my HPS via return receipt requested even though she not returning numerous phone calls. I don't know if others on the forum are going through this but the lack of response from the HPS is pretty blatant. I also inadvertently didn't enter the right extension when calling my HPS for the tenth time and received a rep that gave me more info in one call than my rep did during the four months they reviewed my loan mod request. So its is imperative for me to be able to review the figures they have inputed because I suspect errors. I am also in California. I hope you keep posting your progress and I will too if I find something that will help other members of the forum.
  7. savingrace

Thank you Cat for that info!
  8. cobian

cobian LoanSafe Member

Thanks for the number, I will be calling tomorrow. I will keep posting my progress. I called this morning again of course I was not able to speak to my HPS. The lady I spoke to gave me the same inf. I was given last week. Nothing has been done on my request, again she will email my HPS and her supervisor regarding my request. She also informed me that, she does not understand why my request has not been sent out for review since all the documents are there.
  9. Cat Damiano

No problem, Please do let us know what you find out.
  10. DogsandtheCity

DogsandtheCity LoanSafe Member

Cobian,

I am having the EXACT SAME thing happening with my HPS…His name is Nick Lieman and really helpful…I have left him over 10 messages in the last 1.5 months and not one phone call…I finally received a letter stating he will not be assisting me with my modification and to call the collections department…Like you, I am so surprised the HPS wouldn't at least return my call or leave me a message…I wonder if WF is changing the rules and making it more difficult to get a mod…It does make me nervous...I talked to a young nice guy named Jessy who told me Nick was still my point of contact…Jessy spoke to Nick & Nick said he will call me…this has happened before & no call from Nick…He delayed my sale date over 6 weeks once I was in review…I hired a loan foreclosure delay company costing me $1000.00 to delay my sale Feb 23rd, as I wasn't in the system anymore and the foreclosure would resume with a new sale date..I wanted to keep fighting, so I rather pay a delay service at the last minute to postpone it..
    So far, no new date is recorded…It is Aug 15th and almost a month since my sale was postponed by So Cal Home Services once again…I've used them at least 4 times & they delayed my sale… By the way, I have been playing this game with WF since June 2008 (my last payment)..I have spent money on different services & tactics..Filing BK…6 months of using delay foreclosure companies..filed an injunction against WF..SENDING INCOMPLETE PAPERWORK, wrong dates on my Profit & Loss Statements.. always missing a few documents etc…It has been almost a full time job fighting to stall the foreclosure trustee sale date…I have had renters in this property and once they start getting the foreclosure notices, they stop paying their rent…I am giving them discounted rent for their stress & uncertainty...
    By the way, I filed for the new Hamp Tier 2 Program that rolled out June 2012 for non owner occupied properties…You get kicked out of the system automatically in 30 days..Must faster than the original Hamp…If you need help with the program, let me know..
    Please keep us informed if you have a new HPS, I'm glad you were able to speak to a supervisor..

Keep fighting..apply for new mods..send incomplete documents…leaving voice mails and keep calling and driving them crazy…Always state how much you love your house & want to keep it…It wouldn't hurt to become an actor & sob a little…ha ha ha !

Hope this helped a little !
    Cheers,
    DogsandtheCity
  11. Cat Damiano

In order to be looked at for the Tier2 HAMP you would have to be denied HAMP, which isn't mentioned in the posts as to what type of mod the denial was for. Also if the denial was based on having too much income and was HAMP, then the current payments would need to be 25 percent or higher of gross income.
  12. savingrace

After being denied for Hamp 1 8/4 and still trying to clarify reasons for denial and verification of figures they used (to no avail) I just received a letter "impt update about your mortgage assistance. I have been your primary contact working to help you through the mortgage assistance process. At this time, I am not able to help you find a mortgage assistance solution. For that reason, the normal collection process will resume, if appropriate." I am not in collections but was late on my taxes because I chose to make the mortgage payment instead. So my current statement shows in year to date escrow disbursement, the amount they are assessing and also an amt for Homeowners ins which I am current on and showed them evidence of prior1 mod. So now they are setting up an escrow acct " As a result of your request for consideration for mortgage assistance, an escrow acc"An analysis will be performed which will adjust your future payment to begin collecting to repay the advanced that the disbursement created." Any refunds for duplicate or overpayments "must be returned to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage to reduce the deficiency advance on your loan."
    I did call the executive team Monday and he said he would check into the reasons for the Hamp 1 mod denial and get back to me in 24 hours as there was discrepancies in what I reported and what info he had. He stressed that documentation of hardship is very important in assessing eligibility.
    Also in computing rental income (I have rented rooms in my house to increase income) I was told somewhere along the line that
    they only give you 75% credit for that and 125% credit for social security or disability. Can any forum person experienced with this verify if this correct information?
    I have tried to do this on my own because every $ has gone towards keeping current and I have done as much research as possible to try to educate myself, sometimes all night! Default is imminent! It is difficult to address their decisions or figures when you can't get them, so I plan to contact Loan Safe for help possibly applying for Hamp 2 once I hear back from WF. I think it is imperative to have numbers in place before submitting. Hoping to hear back from the person I spoke with. Thanks DogsandtheCity please keep us updated..every bit of info helps.
  13. DogsandtheCity

DogsandtheCity LoanSafe Member

Thanks Cat !!
    I was never denied for a HAMP on this property as it is a rental….HAMP was for primary residences only...
    That is why I waited until June 2012 to apply for Hamp Tier 2 for rental properties..It is also supposed to be doing principal reductions..Lets see if that ever happens..Actually my HPS @ WF told me he received an approval for a $250,000 reduction !!!!!
  14. Cat Damiano

I should have also added and not meet the eligibility for HAMP Tier 1 which in your case you didn't due to it being a rental. In cobian's situation, they are not showing imminent default by remaining current.
  15. cobian

cobian LoanSafe Member

Hello, I have a question. I called the OOP on Tuesday 08-14-12 spoke with a gentleman Ron Lawrence. I explained to him my dilema, he assured be that my HPS would return my call by wednesday, he gave me his word that I would be getting a call back if not call him back. Well I did not get a call from my HPS as he promised. I called him back on Thursday 08-16-12, no answer I left him a message. He was to return me call within 24 hrs, it did not happen. I called him back again in Friday 08-17-12, still no answer again left message. I also called my HPS of course I did not speak with her, the HPS who I spoke to infomed that she could not give me any inf. since I went thru the OOP. She informed me that from now on I have to deal with them directly. What does that mean??? does any one know.
  16. savingrace

Keep trying Cobian...I don't know if this is unique to those of us going through this with Wells Fargo at this particular time, but I have experienced the same process with the Executive Complaint Dept. I think they are just stalling call backs until the thirty day period after denial is up! Keep fighting...they count on us giving up.. which on certain days I have been close to doing. I would send a certified, return receipt letter stating you haven't received a promised call back and keep calling and speak with someone else in the OOP office that can get Mr. Lawrence to call you back. Remember to document every call. I have been trying to get them update info. I finally have concluded after going over all the numbers relating to my recent denial, that they have counted my husbands debts and assets treating him as a co-borrower when he was a non-owner contributor and that was the reason for my denial. Before you let that 30 days run out, you might try contacting your local congressman...ours has been very helpful to many a homeowner battling foreclosures and denials in Ca. Best of success with this...Don't give up!!! Pulling for you!!!
  17. cobian

cobian LoanSafe Member

Hello, I received a call back from Ron from OOP today. He informed me that my case was still not sent out for review that, he will be taking over. He will call me back Friday to inform me what doc's are still needed. Does anyone know if the process will be faster or doesnt make a difference.
  18. Cat Damiano

The process could have reached a stall with the first RM that you had, now that you have escalated your file, it should go a bit faster.
  19. cobian

cobian LoanSafe Member

Thanks for the answer. I have another question, yesterday I received a new packet for the mod process. Why do I have to complete a new packet? Does this mean i start from zero again????
  20. Cat Damiano

You shouldn't, but that would be something to ask the RM about.