Home Loans and Support

Legal Help group yes or no?

Discussion in 'Mortgage Brokers' started by Mmorroni, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Mmorroni

Mmorroni LoanSafe Member

Hi ,
    I am currently considering a Legal help group to assist with my loan modification. When we modified 3 yrs ago we did not benefit in the least as far as a better interest rate. It was 6.8 before and after modification. The law firm is called Legal help group and is located in LA with lawyers being licensed in different states. They seem to be on the up and up but they also have a substantial fee. They require you to give them the check up front and then when services are rendered like a completed home modification.then they cash the check? What are your thoughts on this?
    Thanks!
  2. Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff LoanSafe Member

I would try the Loan mod center here. They know how to get a modification and have modified a couple of my friends. Most legal help centers can only do what you can do and when the bank sees you are using a lawyer they cringe.
  3. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Welcome and thanks for joining the LoanSafe community.

My thoughts - you should never have to pay anyone an upfront fee for loan modification services when there are non-profit organizations or very reputable companies such as the Loan Mod Help Center who charge no upfront fees. The Loan Mod Help Center will completely review your situation before taking on your case and will help determine which program you may be eligible for before applying for assistance. Most companies will not do so and are simply looking for a check or credit card authorization and will take on your case whether or not they deem you are truly eligible.
  4. Mmorroni

Mmorroni LoanSafe Member

Thanks! How do I go about contacting them? I am new to this forum.
  5. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Sorry about that, you can find their banner at the top of the page or simply email Michael with the following information:

loansafe@loanmodhelpcenter.com

1. Loan Balance Now=
    2. Past Due if any=
    3. Gross Monthly Income for Borrower and Co Borrower=
    4. Mortgage Payment without taxes and insurance (do not include taxes and insurance) =
    5. Real Estate Taxes per month=
    6. Hazard Insurance and/or HOA per month=
    7. Home Value (check zillow.com or chase home value estimator)=
    8. Mortgage servicer and Investor (check if fannie or freddie or MERS below links)
    9. Other monthly debt payment total for credit cards and collections =
    10. Current interest rate =
    11. Fixed Rate or Adjustable Rate? =
    12. Have you been modified before?
    13. When did you get this loan, what year? =
    14. If you own any other properties, it is best to set an appointment to discuss =