Home Loans and Support

Independent Foreclosure Review check

Discussion in 'Bank of America Mortgage Help' started by theylive, Apr 8, 2013.

1. theylive

theylive LoanSafe Member

I Know the post card that most of us received on here stated that we would receive checks in 4 to 6 weeks, but I'm pretty anxious to receive my check as I went through so much stress when I was wrongfully foreclosed on. My question is, has anyone received a check and what was the amount? I submitted a paper trail of names, employee numbers, dates, times, and multiple times of where I was financially harmed from the bank. I've read that they're were quite a few people who did not submit names and dates... and therefore the banks found "no harm". Anyone had any feedback from Rust Consulting? Thanks
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Hey there,

I believe you are actually referring to the Independent foreclosure Review and we have MANY other members here who have received the same letter from Rust consulting and are awaiting their payouts as well. Here refer to this thread:

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/bank-america-home-loans/71535-rust-consulting-inc-boa.html
  3. puggymoo

puggymoo LoanSafe Member

We finally got our check monday april 15th. I was dissappointed because it was 6,ooo. We had asked for the review and were foreclosed on. Metlife stalled on the foreclosure because we were in chapter 13(BUT) the stay was lifted upon confirmation. I guess the only tdhing good was it paid my car off.
  4. theylive

theylive LoanSafe Member

Most of the people I have heard about have only received $300 to $500 check amounts and a couple for $3k... So $6k is awesome!!!!!! I also read that the greedy bastard "consultants" we're charging around $22k per review and that's why they went ahead and just gave everybody that was foreclosed on a piece of the pie regardless.
  5. st7sc7

st7sc7 LoanSafe Member

$6000.00 is awsome!!!!!!!I would be soooo happy to get that amount it would help on a down payment on a new house. I can't
    wait for the mail man to come every morning, hoping i am not dissappointed!
  6. jhn_plsn

jhn_plsn LoanSafe Member

So one decent month of salary is "awesome"?

I disagree. It should be a life changing amount.
  7. st7sc7

st7sc7 LoanSafe Member

your right it should be a life changing amount for me $6000.00 would pretty much change my life! But the reality of it all I fought really
    hard to keep my home and lost and I'll probably only get $300.00 for the pain heart break endless nights of no sleep and watching my family falling apart over the forclosure.
  8. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

That's a 3+ month salary for me lol.... But I wholeheartedly agree that this settlement does not provide NEARLY as much relief as it should and everyone should have got at least $50-100K or more for the BS these banks put everyone through for so many years!!! What the hell is a measly $300-600 going to accomplish?? For most people this is not even a half or a third of one months payment:evil:
  9. tmc1128

tmc1128 LoanSafe Member

We are still waiting... Looking on the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System site,they have payouts listed... We paid the 3 trial payments plus and initial payment of 2200 in certified funds plus the 3 payments and they denied it after the 3 payments.. according to that list on that site, we could get , a good amount i think... it show 3 categories under each scenario...
    completed, rescinded, approved. what is that? i hope we get ours soon and it is a good amount....still working with BOA.

thanks
  10. Lilypadspapa

Lilypadspapa LoanSafe Member

Down payment for a house. Were you able to get the foreclosure removed from your credit? In order for a new loan to occur you must 3 years outside a foreclosure for a FHA loan or you need to put down 20% on a traditional loan for consideration.
  11. st7sc7

st7sc7 LoanSafe Member

Our 3 years are up this August for the Forclosure and for our Bankrupty. We are working on our credit it"s right around 620 to 640. Oh and by the way we only received $500.00 from the settlement so much for hoping it was $6000.00!