Home Loans and Support

HSBC Can Kiss My Azz!

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by Believe, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Believe

Believe LoanSafe Member

I've been posting comments on loansafe.org and loanworkout.org for many months, but I haven't shared many details, because it's the same story as everyone else. After two full years of attempting to get a loan modification from HSBC, I've been repeatedly denied. Also, during those two years, I've sought help from all the politicians, regulatory agencies, and homeowners advocates that I can think of. I attempted one last time to request a modification a few weeks ago. I called them today to find out the status of my request, and I was told it was denied. I then asked to be transferred to customer care (or lack of it, I should say) and I instructed them to discontinue my semi-monthly automatic payments from my bank account. HSBC, you can kiss my azz, because the September payment was the last penny you will receive from me. Not only that, I'm not paying another penny towards my HSBC credit card, either. They can do what they want - kick me out of my house, destroy my credit (who gives a sh!t?), sue me, or throw me in jail. I don't care anymore. At least I'll now be able to afford to pay my utility bills and buy groceries to feed my family. Now I can go out and buy real groceries, like meat, fruits, and vegetables, and the stuff rich people eat. And I can buy my children and grandchildren each a birthday present. I won't have to worry about getting notices from the utility companies any more and juggling funds to avoid disconnection. I'll have the money to pay those bills. HSBC will undoubtedly start calling, but I don't have to answer. If they do get through to me somehow, I will respond with, "F-ck you," and hang up. If it gets too bad, I'll disconnect the telephone. At least I can live somewhat of a normal life for the next several months. We are senior citizens, and between the two of us we work over 100 hours a week just to try to save this house for our family. Besides work, loan modification has consumed my life for the past two years, but those days are over. I'm not willing to live in this hell anymore. HSBC can have the house. I'm no longer participating in their criminal and immoral activities, and they can kiss my azz.
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi Believe,

I'm truly sorry to hear this but you need to make the best move for you and your family. Feeding your family and having working utilities is a MUST and without it life would be hell. I do not see why these lenders choose to foreclose a majority of the time instead of just modifying the loan to a more affordable rate.. You may want to just pursue a short sale so you can go through this process in the least harmful way and also start saving money until the home is sold...
  3. Believe

Believe LoanSafe Member

I appreciate your kind words, Evan. I'll update my post as new events happen. I don't know that we've ever been able to document a timeline for HSBC here on loansafe, so I'll try to do that to help others. Feel free to move this thread if it should be in the "stories" folder. Thanks again.
  4. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Your welcome Believe and we are all her for your support. Please keep us updated on you happenings.

Good luck and god bless you and your family.
  5. bloominga

bloominga Banned

Believe, my hear goes out to you. I haven't filed my loan mod yet and I'm wondering why this has to be and if there will be a way for me to save our home. We are senior citizens too and I have serious health issues. We have all on this forum worked so hard for our homes and we get this??????

I am so very sorry for you and hope that you will eventually find some peace now that you have made the decision.

I am so MAD!!!! This should NOT be happening!!! I will pray for you and your family.
  6. Opus09

Opus09 LoanSafe Member

Believe,

I've been following your posts here on LoanSafe for quite sometime, as you are one of the few who consistently discuss your experiences with HSBC. It is much appreciated.

We're currently waiting to hear from Beneficial and HFC if our primary mortgage and HELOC modifications will be extended another six months, which would help but what we really need is something permanent, as the stress has really been too much and taking a emotional toll on our family. HSBC has made it perfectly clear in all of our recent conversations that they don't do permanent modifications and they don't participate in any government sponsored programs. Yep, they're azzholes alright.

At this point, we are considering a short sale (if they'll let us), rent for a few years (we can actually rent a much bigger house in our area for significantly less than our current mortgage), build our credit back up and try home ownership again and hopefully do it right this time. Right now this isn't home ownership at all, its a joke.

Looking forward to reading your HSBC timeline.
  7. Big Booger

Big Booger Guest

Believe, blessed are you with your childrenand grandchildren beside you - its a shame that you have worked so hard for so long and raked acrossed the coals all to save the home you've been paying on, but hurray for you for deciding what it is you need to do for you and your family and your piece of mind. I hope that the coming days brings you many more blessing, peace and tranquility. There are far greater fates out there than letting the bank have your home back.
  8. tlbaker74

tlbaker74 LoanSafe Member

I would cancel that monthly withdrawl through your bank. We had to cancel our account and open another because once they have permission to take from it, they don't have to stop.
  9. Believe

Believe LoanSafe Member

Evan, Bloom, Opus, Booggs, and TL: thank you very much for your support and valuable suggestions. I am going to take your advice TL and call my bank right away. In regards to my credit card account, I already received a call yesterday from a non-American HSBC representative asking for a $59 payment. I told her I don't have the money to pay it because HSBC won't modify my mortgage. She said, "Well, we have a customer service department to help you with that," like she was revealing a secret. Yea, I know all about their help. For once in my life, I was speechless, but I managed to mutter, "I've already tried that." She then asked if I could pay $16. What the hell? Thirty seconds ago she wanted $59, and now it's only $16. Either way, I don't have it, so I hung up.
  10. alex098

alex098 LoanSafe Member

Hey guys! Where can I read more about HSBC experience? Sounds scary so far...
    I am about to file a HAMP with them, but my loan is owned by Fredie Mac - does it make a difference in their eyes?
  11. Believe

Believe LoanSafe Member

Alex, the last I knew HSBC was not participating in any government programs, nor were their loans owned by Freddie Mac. This is news to me. I also read your post on another thread where you asked if it's better to buy and old beater car or a new car while working on a modification. Let me say this - if you are even considering buying a brand new car, then I can just about assure you that your financial hardship will not qualify you for any type of modification at HSBC, or anywhere for that matter.
  12. Oh Believe. This breaks my heart.
    I hope you were not discriminated because of your age?
    Wow, I hate to hear your story. It makes me sad. I wish you nothing but the best. If I can do anything, just ask.
  13. Believe

Believe LoanSafe Member

Thank you for your kindness, Native. We are all on this journey together. All of us here were discriminated against and taken advantage of in one way or another - some, like us, are older and have limited financial skills. Thank you so much.
  14. alex098

alex098 LoanSafe Member

Thanks a lot, Believe. As for Fredie Mac owning my loan - they told it to me themselves.
  15. Melanie702

Melanie702 LoanSafe Member

Hi, you're absolutely right, we have been discriminated in one way or another. I don't think age has anything to do with it. I'm 35, my husband is 30 and we can't get a modification. These pr!cks are not giving anyone modifications for who knows what reasons. I'm tired of this crap too. Good luck to you and your family. I'm closing my checking account on the weekend with BofA, and I am not going to make another payment on the only credit card I'm paying on. A$$holes!
  16. Catherine

Catherine LoanSafe Member

Oh Believe I just found this thread. My heart truly goes out to you!! Please know how sorry I am your at this point. I HATE hearing for how hard you tried it will end this way. Hold those babies. They seem to put a smile in my heart when nothing else can. Take care of YOU too, Catherine
  17. Opus09

Opus09 LoanSafe Member

Alex - I'm curious, who told you HSBC or Freddie Mac?
  18. Believe

Believe LoanSafe Member

Hi again, Opus. Have you looked on the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac web sites for your loan? In addition to talking to HSBC, I also searched for my property address on the FM twins' web sites. You can get an answer there, if you're unable to get an answer from HSBC.
  19. tc4gold

tc4gold Banned

HI,

I feel for you but keep fighting, once you stop paying they will most likely start working with you. Pleae don't cuss at them but be really firm, keep good records of every call. I too am going through similar situations, winning on some, not on others. One thing I learned from a friend who used to work for B of A is that once you tell them that you are stopping the automatic payments (Put it in writing) they cannot by law take money out of your account. If they do after you have requested it be stopped they can be fined a lot of money. This goes for the credit card companies also. Keep us posted, our thoughts are with you.

20. syryn22

syryn22 LoanSafe Member

Hello Everyone,

I have had three temporary loan modifications with HSBC, the most recent will carry me until 6/2010. I recently learned more about the FHA Streamline refinance. The reason I even started checking out refinance options was because I called HSBC about a month ago to find out if they could make my loan modification permanent, as I have never been late before on the payments (even when the interest rate was 8.74%). The rep I was speaking to basically said the only way to get something permanent is if I refinance. In the past, when I heard this suggestion, I would get upset, because I rationalized that property values have gone down, so how the hell am I going to refinance? Well, I've been checking with a few lenders and I qualify for a streamline at 4.50%, but there's a hitch. I have been told on a few occasions that they cannot do the FHA streamline refinance if I have a current modification. I tried to explain that this mod is temporary, but I actually have to try and get HSBC to lift the modification. Has anyone gone through this before? I would much rather have a fixed rate at 4.50% than to have a 4.25%rate until June of next year, but I'm scared. I'm scared that if I ask HSBC to lift the mod, the refinance may not go through and I'm stuck with a much larger payment again. I need to know if anyone has ever asked HSBC to lift a modification and how for sure is this FHA streamline refinance thing? Any input is greatly appreciated.