Home Loans and Support

How to modify 2nd mortgage

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by asc123, Jul 9, 2010.

1. asc123

asc123 LoanSafe Member

I contacted my 2nd mortgage to get loan modified after receiving perm HAMP on my 1st mortgage and was told my 2nd mortgage don't qualify. I was under the impression once 1st mortgage is completed I can request for modification on 2nd mortgage. Is this not the case? Has anyone completed their 1st mortgage HAMP and got a mod on 2nd mortgage?

Thanks
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi asc123,

Yes you are correct,once the process is complete for your first mortgage you should definitely be able to apply for one on your second as well. Are both loans with the same servicer?
  3. asc123

asc123 LoanSafe Member

Thanks Evan for the confirmation. My 1st mortgage is with ASC (Wells) and 2nd with (Ocwen). Do you think I should bring it up to my 2nd mortgage that I was recently approved for HAMP on my 1st mortgage?