Home Loans and Support

How to find the actual Note Holder on mortgage

Discussion in 'Foreclosures' started by lifestar, Nov 5, 2009.

1. lifestar

lifestar LoanSafe Member

Up front apologies as I am sure that this has been addressed but could not find an answer after searching for hours. How do we find out whom actually holds the note on our mortgage? Our servicer is CURRENTLY BAC. Countrywide was the previous servicer. BOTH have always REFUSED to reveal the company name of our note holder. The MERS website will only provide the servicer name as far as we can tell....

Any suggestions as to find out the current note holder of our mortgage? THANKS in advance.
  2. caldwell02

caldwell02 LoanSafe Member

Send in a Qualified Written Request. There are many examples of one somewhere on this forum. They may be refusing because THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE THE NOTE IS!!!
  3. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

4. lifestar

lifestar LoanSafe Member

Thank you.... We did that several months ago and received ONLY the exact paperwork that was signed at closing. The company on the COPIES of the paperwork that appears as the holder of the note on the paperwork forwarded to us after requesting a Qualified Written Request went out of business shortly after our mortgage went in to effect.

Am I missing something? Is there somewhere on the paperwork that will show the business name of the CURRENT holder of the note?
  5. ManicMangaManiac

ManicMangaManiac LoanSafe Member

Caldwell and Evan,
    I sent in a QWR earlier this summer but AHMSI did not answer that question.. however, I found something of an answer by Googling the series of securities my loan was sold off in, and it was pretty telling because what I found did not show Wells Fargo (the trustee and plaintiff in the foreclosure suit) or AHMSI, the servicer, in the document I found online. I have felt all along that WF doesn't have possession of the original note or the legal standing to foreclose.. but unfortunately I don't have a judge overseeing the case that would see it that way :-( even though I am in a state that just had a landmark court ruling against MERS (Landmark National Bank vs. Kesler). I am afraid that I will have to appeal the judge's ruling if he goes against me, and take it to the state level.. and I don't have an attorney to advocate for me either!
  6. mimirayo

mimirayo LoanSafe Member

Maniac,

Can you do a search of your land records? That may show the owner now. Mine was not sold as far as I know, but when the trustee was changed the holder was revealed
  7. Lizzard

Lizzard LoanSafe Member

hi lifestar... we did the same and only received our settlement papers, which we already had.

Did you get anywhere? if so, how?
  8. Colnago NJ

Colnago NJ LoanSafe Member

Lizzad- This was a thread from 2009. It is still a current topic, and the QWR is still the valid way to find out the note holder.
  9. Lizzard

Lizzard LoanSafe Member

Should we send out a QWR via an attorney? What do we do once we receive the info.?
  10. Colnago NJ

You do not need to engage an attorney to send a QWR. There are form letters online, and on this site which will suffice.
  11. Lizzard

Lizzard LoanSafe Member

Will do.
    Has anyone had success with a QWR?
  12. Colnago NJ

13. racerboy

racerboy LoanSafe Member