Home Loans and Support

How long to Foreclose in NJ?

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by soworried, Aug 8, 2011.

1. soworried

soworried LoanSafe Member

How long does it take to foreclose in NJ? As of Aug 1st, I have just missed my 3rd payment.
  2. judithoo5

judithoo5 LoanSafe Member

2 or 3 years......i have not make a single payment to wells Fargo in 18 months.....i am in NJ as well......i think i will be in my house untill next summer..my Goal is Christmas 2012.....
  3. soworried

Wow - Thats a long time! My husband is unemployed and this is the 2nd time he has been laid off. Judithoo5, Do you stay in contact with the mortgage company and what company do you have? I have Huntington
  4. soworried

Oops just realized you did specify Wells Fargo
  5. judithoo5

when they call me , i always answer the phone and pretend i really want to keep my house, but when they want to gather my financials and expenses ,,,i say i dont have all that info right then, so they tell me to call back when i am ready....It is always the same story....At this point ,they just call about twice a month....
  6. shortsale973

shortsale973 LoanSafe Member

Hello Soworried... By the time we all comment and you travel through this forum you will change your handle to NotSoWorried.
    I am in NJ. This is the 8th month so far, no payment. Foreclosure in NJ is very very long & from what I read foreclosures are being pushed further out then expected. NJ courts are requiring banks to come forward w/ all types of paperworks in order to foreclose.
    The last I read it was 908 days and thats w/o any wrenches thrown into their wheels. Visit the hampster wheel forum on this site.
    It will def. buy you alot of time. Good luck and keep us posted.

shortsale973
    NJ - 8 months
  7. soworried

Thanks Shortsale! When I first posted back in 2008 I was SoWorried, lol Now we have fallen back with issues with my husband being laid off. I have skimmed through the Hampster Game thread and feel like that is the way to go so my family and I can bank money.
  8. Jim007

Jim007 LoanSafe Member

I started the Hamp Program in Dec 2009... Paid 7 trial payments .... long story short... dienied Hamp twice... and twice dienied in house mods....Had everything accelerated to the office of the president too.. no luck.... last payment was July 2010.... recieved last notice to accelerate in Nov 2010... recieved many of those though through the whole process .... I'm going on 14 months without a payment.... They call once in a while ...blew some smoke up thier butts about tryin' a short sale ...yeah right nothing but another head ache.... Waitng for sale date and hopefully can work a cash for keys deal.... My servicer is Wells Fargo.... total creeps
  9. Jim007

Jim007 LoanSafe Member

Christmas 2012... that would be sweet... You go girl...LoL !!
  10. shortsale973

exactly!!!!!
    Save....save....save...
    Dont think for 1 minute, that the bank cares if you and your family eat, have warm water,....etc... They only care about the money.
    Live it out as long as you could and get your current finances in order. Pay of your CC, pay down some other debt (if you have)...
    I currently have my house up for shortsale. For the 1st 3-4 months I was very motivated. Now, as time goes on it gets old.
    Offer, sign, buyer walks,....Offer, sign, Buyer doesnt have money for closing and they want me to pay the addition to closing. So now my realatard comes to me and says, "great news I have an offer for $89". I said, Nope!.... So the games have begun.
  11. shortsale973

Jim007, I know the story all to well. I applied twice for the loan mod. in '10. They fedexd me the paperwork, I signed it, and sent it. I began the trial payments and the games began. "We dont have this page, we dont have that page, fax this, fedex that"....So to make a long story short I was denied twice and hit w/ a intent to accelerate, a cure notice of $4k, and a deniel. I, like most, panicked, and paid (big mistake). Now as of Jan'11 I stopped paying.

Shortsale973
    NJ - 8 months
  12. Jim007

Jim007 LoanSafe Member

LoL !!.... Good luck with everything Cuz.... The whole thing was with good intent... But the servicers made one big joke out of the whole thing ... F' em...
  13. amysue

amysue LoanSafe Member

Just hit the 12 month mark here in NJ. Have been trying to get a mod from Wells Fargo since September 2010. Approved in January for a whopping $20 reduction in payment, then lost more income from a prt time job. Reapplied in February, was declined due to an error on their part (told me unemployment income could not be used - but neither one of us is unemployed - just under-employed. They told me they must have mixed up someone elses paperwork in my file because I have a "common last name"). Since then I have not heard a word - I fax updated paystubs once a month and online status shows me in review. At this rate, I'd say 18 months - 2 years is a good possibility.
  14. judithoo5

I think wells Fargo is the worst bank to work with,I was on hamp for 5 months and then denied,,,Its a long story...