Home Loans and Support

How long after foreclosure for deed to transfer out of our name

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by calgirl67, Dec 22, 2011.

1. calgirl67

calgirl67 LoanSafe Member

Our foreclosure sale was last Friday 16th Dec. Trustee website said "sold back to beneficiary".

2 days ago bank rep turned up to negotiate cash for keys.

I checked today. Still no deed transfer. Country recorder should read "trustee's deed".

Regardless of the agreement to move out in 30days, we are not moving until the deed transfers out of our name as we're on the hook for HOA, water sewer service and of course, we're still liable if anybody hurts themselves on our property.

Does anybody know how long does it take for deed transfer after foreclosure?
  2. calgirl67

Does anybody know this? Should we move if deed still in our name?
  3. Cleba

Cleba LoanSafe Member

Hi CalGirl. I don't have and answer sorry. I would like to ask how it your foreclosure doing. My sale date was on Jan 13. It has been 5 days and there is o visit from the new owner: the lender. What time did they show up? How much money did they offer for C4K? Was 30day the only option they provided? What were the options they gave? I hope you don't mind asking a lot of questions , but the are very few posts about "post-sale" that I am starting to think that is forbiden to talk about it.
  4. calgirl67

Our deed actually transferred out of our name on Dec 27, 11 days after the sherrif's sale. 5 Days after the sale, the cash for keys man turned up. He offered $500 to move, I told him to go ahead and file an eviction suit. I said I want at least $3000 and he agreed. We have a written and signed agreement. We have our walk thru tomorrow at noon. If I don't get my check I will be filing a small claims suit Monday morning.
  5. Denada

Denada LoanSafe Member

You go, calgirl! Congratulations on the nice CFK settlement.
  6. puppyted

puppyted LoanSafe Member

Please, Please, Please keep this thread going. I, also, need to know what to do as this foreclosure story of ours winds down.

Our NOD was filed on 11/10/2011. Haven't received a sale date yet. Could be as early as the first week of March.

We have been out of the house since September, but continue to go there to move items out, and keep up the yard.

I have been wondering as to when to turn off the electricity, the water, stop paying the HOA dues, and cancell the insurance.

About Cash For Keys - What do they require you to do to get the money? What is Broom Clean? What if there are no appliances left in the house (we took out the brand new appliances we had paid for out of pocket, gave them to some friends who were in a desperate situation, and don't have anything to replace them with), can you still get CFK? What papers do they expect you to sign, and how do you know if you should sign them?

Would love to see some very clear answers to the questions in this thread, and hear about the "post-foreclosure" experience.

I need help. : P