Home Loans and Support

How do you get through to Nationstar Mortgage?

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by beeckie, Jun 24, 2011.

1. beeckie

beeckie LoanSafe Member

In Oct of 2009 our mortgage was sold from Flagstar to Nationstar Mortgage Company, and then the nightmare began.
    I had lost my job as a construction worker in April 2010, and have not been able to find work. I'm not even on the loan.
    First we did not have enough in Escrow ( but where did the Escrow money from Flagstar go?), then in May of 2010 our mortgage went up $100.00. So we could not make the payments on the first paycheck but on the second one, if we were lucky. And no disconnect notices came thru. And to make matters worse there are fee's ( $70.00 late fee, and then about $20.00 for wire transfer.) to even send them money, except by snail mail. And some times they would not cash the check for 2 weeks and then other times its in the day they recivie it.

We have not missed a payment but we have been late, used all of my retirement funds, and now I may be out of unenjoyment.
    We have applied for the HAMP since October of 2010 and its the same thing every month we need your updated wage stubs, wow you mean for the last 2 months? So we fax them off and still they cant seem to keep them in the file?
    We have only recivied one denial letter, and then I wrote to the Fortress president Peter Briger and boy did I get a response.
    Nationstar said we don't quilifity for the HAMP program, for the 3 IDI's quailfations.
    1. Borrower / co borrower have not died and it's not recorded.
    2. Borrower / co borrower are not permently disabled, or Illness
    3. Borrower / co borrower are not going through a divorce or legal seperation

I ask what does any of that have to do with the HAMP program? Even the guy's at the hope counseling said the same thing?
    5 days after that letter came we got a letter from Nationstars Foreclosure Prevention Dept. and we were still current on our payments.
    What are we doing wrong? This has put my husband in a depression and he's fading fast. It's affected his job and even wanting to go to work.

Has any one gotten a modification from Nationstar? And how?
    All information is appericiated.
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Hi beeckie,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining...........

There have been some successful modifications with NationStar. The person that you would need to speak with at NationStar that may be able to help cut through the bs and get your modification back on track and escalated is one of the Hamp Underwriting Mgrs. You will have to wait until Monday to reach him, it has been a few months, but hopefully he is still with the HAMP team. He is very nice and has been able to help other members that were having difficulty with NationStar.

Beau Bridges
    1-888-480-2432 ext. 2446

Please keep us posted on what happens.
  3. beeckie

beeckie LoanSafe Member

Thank you for the information we will try him. And pray
  4. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

I do hope that they are able to work this out for you.